Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2024, 10:04 PM   #1

Looking for help finding plastics in Canada

I just finished completely rebuilding my son's Gio Mini Beast ATV and now he's been gifted a dirt bike. It looks older and needs a bit of work (new carb, gas tank and the valve stem on the front tire has a leak), and I'd like to try and find some new plastics for it, rather than fix up the cracked/chipped existing ones.

I'm not sure the make or model of it, but I found some plastics online that look identical (except for the color), except they're only available in the US (or Aliexpress for absurd shipping fees).

I'm hoping someone in here might be able to point me towards a brand/model name to aid in my search.

This is what the plastics look like

Most of my searches lead me to CRF50 clone plastics, would these fit most Chinese bikes if I'm unable to locate some like in the above link?

Old 04-19-2024, 08:15 AM   #2

Post some pictures of the bike so we can all see what you're working with. The plastics you posted in the link above are not for a CRF50 or CRF50-clone.

Old 04-21-2024, 05:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
Post some pictures of the bike so we can all see what you're working with. The plastics you posted in the link above are not for a CRF50 or CRF50-clone.
I don't have any pics right now, but can post some when I get home. I didn't mean that it's a crf50 clone, it's identical to the plastics in the link I posted. I was just curious if the crf50 plastics might be compatible as well

Old 04-21-2024, 07:21 PM   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240421_173936.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	31308

Here is a photo of the bike I'm trying to restore

Old 04-21-2024, 09:25 PM   #5

That was a very common eBay bike ,Chinese whippersnipper engine ,Ihave literally bought 4 or 5 of them for 1 us cent each on eBay ,and that is pretty much all they are worth .no idea what’re you would find new plastics for them ,but I am certain if you put an ad in your local classifieds some people will be looking to off load the remnants of their bikes for cheap .I think the retail price on them was about $200.00 new and they were not worth more than that so don’t put much money into it .

Old 04-22-2024, 10:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
That was a very common eBay bike ,Chinese whippersnipper engine ,Ihave literally bought 4 or 5 of them for 1 us cent each on eBay ,and that is pretty much all they are worth .no idea what’re you would find new plastics for them ,but I am certain if you put an ad in your local classifieds some people will be looking to off load the remnants of their bikes for cheap .I think the retail price on them was about $200.00 new and they were not worth more than that so don’t put much money into it .
Thanks for the info. No, I don't plan on putting much into it. Needs a carb ($18CAD on Amazon) and fuel filter, but I like taking things apart, so I plan on stripping it down like I did with his atv and paint the frame/exhaust/etc, but since the plastics are in rough shape I was hoping to find something that I could replace it with. I've thought about just doing a bit of repair with fibreglass, but I'd like to avoid repainting the plastics, since that was a pretty arduous process on his quad.