Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2021, 10:25 PM   #1

Help with wiring and stator confirmation

Hello everyone,

2007 Lifan 200GY-2 with the FML163 engine

I am in dire need of help, seems like my bike keeps running into issues. Long story short is I had incorrectly wired my bike over the winter and wired both the stator ground and coil ground to the CDI I have no clue why I did that. However, somehow the bike still started wired like that and everything seemed to work fine until I no longer had spark.

After figuring out how I wired my grounds I took them apart and grounded the CDI, coil and stator to the frame (together) Spark has returned and the bike starts and runs no problem with first kick. Now the new issue I have is that my battery isn't charging and my tach no longer functions.

I ran an OHMS test with the bike off and these are my readings which I guess must of fried it from how I had it wired.
Wire colors coming from stator are Green/white (Ground), Blue/white (Trigger), Black/red (Source to CDI), Pink and Yellow (Charging).

Negative lead on Green/White

Green/White to Blue/White - 137.5 OHMS
Across all other leads I got a OL reading

Pink and Yellow - 00.9 OHMS

Other than that I get a OL readings if I jump around everywhere with the leads

Should I try a test while the bike is running? I would imagine I would run an AC test for the pink and yellow wires but then again is it even worth it at this point.

When I got this bike it was taken apart and the wiring was all over the place hence why I re-wired the entire bike. My bike is wired as follows with a 5 wire Stator and 5 wire Rectifier/Regulator

From Stator:
Green/White - Ground
Blue/White - Trigger wire to 4 pin side of CDI on the top left
Black/Red - Source wire to 2 pin side of CDI on lower side
Pink and Yellow over to Rectifier

From Rectifier:
Pink and Yellow are with the Stator
Green - Ground
Red - To positive of battery as well as the the ignition switch
Black - Connected to ignition Switch as well as connected to lights, starter button, Dash, brake switches and Horn. This is so that when I turn the key ignition on everything has power.

Everything turns on when I turn the ignition on, the dash does it's regular needle sweep where it goes all the way to redline and back down, dash lights, headlight and taillight work, horn, starter button and brake switches all work.

I don't know why the tachometer stopped working, it was wired onto the positive side of the coil since fall and worked when I had the bike wired to a 12V source. Now it doesn't work on either the positive or negative side of the coil even though 12V is present on the dash.

I've gone over a few schematics for 200cc engines and they're all different so it makes it complicated to wire the bike. If someone can chime in and let me know if something is incorrect I would really appreciate it.

I apologize for the really long post but I'm getting exhausted with trying to get everything to work properly on this bike and then having one thing go as I fix another...

Thanks for any input

Old 04-16-2021, 10:13 AM   #2

I ran a test while the bike was running.

I disconnected the rectifier/regulator and tested the Yellow and Pink AC input pins with the bike running.

At idle I received the following readings with the red lead on the pin and black lead on battery ground.

Yellow - 8.3 VAC Max
Pink - 5.2 VAC Max

I revved the motor to what I think is about 2000-3000 RPM (hard to tell without the tach working)

Yellow - Upwards of 25 VAC
Pink - Upwards of 14 VAC

If I put both leads onto the pins I get a reading of 18VAC MAX at idle

I'm pretty certain the stator is burnt up which sucks since it is new from fall. I guess it fried when my grounding wasn't well positioned or when hooked up to the car battery before I got the motorcycle battery.

Last edited by Meech86; 04-16-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:30 PM   #3

hey i got a 2005 rts 200a

i need a wiring diagram for a rts 200a quad with lights reverse etc..please znd thank you. and where to run grounds and do i need to jump ppink wire to earth.,thank ypou and hav e a great day

Old 04-17-2021, 05:29 PM   #4

Back with an update!

I dug into my harness to find out that the ground for the rectifier had come out of the terminal i had inserted into. Got it worked out and my bike is charging again.

So now I have a spare stator on the way and my tach still didn't work however the bike was on long because my fuse blew. My fuse blew because i had broken bpth originals amd used one from my pit bike that has a smaller amped fuse.