Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2020, 05:09 PM   #1

Looking for some Apollo info

Anybody here have experience with these bikes? I'm new to these better quality pit bikes and I'm currently looking at either an RFZ DBX 18 in 14/17 or a RFX Freeride 150 in either 14/17 or 16/19.

I like the idea of the 16/19 so I could use it as my woods practice bike, but I don't know if the 150 can handle that much wheel. The smaller wheels would probably be better for my buddies kid's track, but at my size, 5'6"/145, the large wheel bike would probably fit me perfect.

Anybody have experience with these, or any of the Apollo bikes?
The only other bikes available locally are Tao Tao and BSE. I know nothing of these bikes, but the Apollo's look to be a better quality bike, is that true?

Thoughts?
Thanks

Old 05-13-2020, 06:54 PM   #2

I had the x18. I was about 220lbs when I owned it. It was a 2017 4 up shift pattern. The only thing I replaced was the carburetor. Mikuni vm22 carb with a 20 pilot, and a 112.5 main jet needle clip in the middle. I also replaced the chain with a pro taper. It has fun power, 1st gear is pretty low, but was able to go up some pretty steep hills in second gear. Also, if you buy it add an outer foam prefilter. the cone air filter does a horrible job of keeping dirt out. For me, I would prefer the Apollo over the TaoTao.

Oh yeah, no matter where you buy the bike check all the bolts, and change the oil. Pretend a 4 year old assemble it.

hope this helps

Douglass

Old 05-14-2020, 08:14 AM   #3

It does help, thank you