Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2016, 11:31 AM   #16

So cool! I'll wait here for more pics. Gotta make some popcorn...

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-04-2016, 09:55 PM   #17

Update #2

Just now getting it off the frame, managed to get the front tires on and so far so good. The plastic for the front fork came a little warped from heat or something. A few bolts have been found loose, so check everything. Another thing I stripped the bolt to the rear plastic, and that holds the seat down. Just going to drill it out, and put a new bolt and a locknut & that should hold up for now. No sign of scratches, dents, or rust. (Inside of the gas tank is spotless.) Also it comes with a key! Haven't put fuel in but the starter works just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0851.jpg (92.7 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0852.jpg (98.5 KB, 137 views)

Old 11-04-2016, 10:23 PM   #18

Very NICE! I've always liked those Apollo's they have been around for a good while. Who makes the engine? I think thats cool that those are sold through AMAZON, its an extra level of protection for the buyer. Let me go look and see if any other China Bikes are sold on there. Anyway nice bike. Take your time on assembly don't be in a hurry, a little more time now will pay off in the end. Keep the pics coming.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #19

Update #3

Well good new, we finished assembling it and I got to ride it today! Charged the battery over night and the electric start works beautifully. The Kickstart does work I tested it out. Keep in mind that this is a full size dirt bike. I'm 6' and I can barley touch the ground while I'm riding it. It has some good pep to it, and starts right up no problem. Smooth clutch, and nice disk brakes. Can't really complain too much. I hit some pretty hard trails, and some really steep hills that looked questionable even on an atv. Here's some pictures!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0891.jpg (99.6 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0885.jpg (96.4 KB, 135 views)

Old 11-05-2016, 07:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Very NICE! I've always liked those Apollo's they have been around for a good while. Who makes the engine? I think thats cool that those are sold through AMAZON, its an extra level of protection for the buyer. Let me go look and see if any other China Bikes are sold on there. Anyway nice bike. Take your time on assembly don't be in a hurry, a little more time now will pay off in the end. Keep the pics coming.
I think they also sell atv's, and a 125cc version of the Apollo. If you're pretty tall and have some experience I'd just save up for the 250cc instead. They have an enduro Chinese dirt bike, but it's not by Apollo & I haven't seen any reviews on it. (All the things I've said are on Amazon.)

Old 11-05-2016, 08:56 PM   #21

Yeah I saw the bike I want on Amazon, but its out of stock. Anyway feel free to start a thread in dealer discussion and tell us about the buying process, the seller, shipping time, etc. With so many shady dealers that section of this forum is a great resource. And Congrats on getting her up and going. Keep us posted on how it does. I don't think you will have much trouble out of it. That one seems to be a good one!

Old 11-07-2016, 01:30 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Very NICE! I've always liked those Apollo's they have been around for a good while. Who makes the engine?
According to the EPA certification list, the engines are made by Shineray. They used to be manufactured by Zongshen.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-07-2016, 11:10 AM   #23

Love the black inverted forks! It also looks like you got a stainless header, which is really good news. Nice bike!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer