Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2018, 06:36 PM   #31

Add these two mods. The fuel screw works but doesn't fit perfectly. It did make my bike run better tho, so i left it.

Last edited by Chinabike; 12-23-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #32

Hellcat ride.... Sorry for helmet strap noise.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:05 AM   #33

Short little Hellcat ride from the other day.

I also installed the oil cooler today and it came out great. I also repositioned the carb and intake to the side/back. So happy with it now i can actually get to the fuel/mix screw. I'll post the pics soon.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:37 AM   #34

Hey Chinabike ! Man throw some pix up of the carb spun around and the oil cooler for sure ,I have a carb spinner coming for my Vader (My Vader is finally supposed to ship the 16th of July) and the oil cooler too, I'm interested in seeing where you mounted the "radiator" part of the cooler as well as where the oil take off and return hoses are routed ,I have seen a Grom install but the Grom motor and the Vader /Hellcat motors are two different things .I don't plan to offroad the Vader at all but I am still wanting to make sure the oil cooler hoses can be routed in such a way that they wont get easily snatched loose or off by road debris, etc. Asl o the "radiator" part needs to be where the wind can hit it ,but at the same time not overly exposed to road hazards.
did you have any issues with throttle cable length after you changed the carb from front facing to rearward facing? I wouldn't think so since the original carb faces to the rear but the mikuni intake is a bit longer iirc. Anyways glad you got the parts in and installed and like them ,can't wait for mine to finally get here so I can start on it ,I'm missin' out on my summer ridin time !!
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #35

here you go.
The carb is not directly pointed to the back, Its more to the side.
so i can get to the ideal screw easy and now I can also get to the fuel/mix screw which is was a big issue not being able to get to it without taking off the carb. I changed my pod filter to a smaller one so it doesn't stick out too far.

Then i had room to mount the oil cooler in front. I screwed the oil cooler mounting brackets to the screw holes from the airbox that I removed. then zip tied the oiler to the brackets, its solid and doesn't move.
Worked out perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Hey Chinabike ! Man throw some pix up of the carb spun around and the oil cooler for sure ,I have a carb spinner coming for my Vader (My Vader is finally supposed to ship the 16th of July) and the oil cooler too, I'm interested in seeing where you mounted the "radiator" part of the cooler as well as where the oil take off and return hoses are routed ,I have seen a Grom install but the Grom motor and the Vader /Hellcat motors are two different things .I don't plan to offroad the Vader at all but I am still wanting to make sure the oil cooler hoses can be routed in such a way that they wont get easily snatched loose or off by road debris, etc. Asl o the "radiator" part needs to be where the wind can hit it ,but at the same time not overly exposed to road hazards.
did you have any issues with throttle cable length after you changed the carb from front facing to rearward facing? I wouldn't think so since the original carb faces to the rear but the mikuni intake is a bit longer iirc. Anyways glad you got the parts in and installed and like them ,can't wait for mine to finally get here so I can start on it ,I'm missin' out on my summer ridin time !!

Last edited by Chinabike; 12-23-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:08 PM   #36

Oh yeah man that looks good and answered all my questions! That oil cooler is about perfectly placed, hi enough to avoid road hazards but lo enough to still catch some breeze , I'll try and put mine in that same spot most likely. I like that side facing carb/air filter too ,my other bike is a Sportster and thats how the air cleaner sits on it, out on one side so I'm used to that .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-17-2018, 04:06 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Oh yeah man that looks good and answered all my questions! That oil cooler is about perfectly placed, hi enough to avoid road hazards but lo enough to still catch some breeze , I'll try and put mine in that same spot most likely. I like that side facing carb/air filter too ,my other bike is a Sportster and thats how the air cleaner sits on it, out on one side so I'm used to that .
ya i'll really happy with this set up now. I don't mind the filter sticking out, it doesn't get in the way of anything and sort of looks cool to me. I had the big foam Uni filter but that would look funny, to big sticking out. So i went with a smaller one. You could also get a 45degree angled type or a flatter one.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #38

And carb spinner is a great little invention.

I got the bar's in yesterday. going to install those soon.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:49 PM   #39

I skimmed through but didn't see if you changed out any jets? Thanks for all this fabnastic experience and info! Your bike looks great.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:12 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrfxr67 View Post
I skimmed through but didn't see if you changed out any jets? Thanks for all this fabnastic experience and info! Your bike looks great.
Hey thank you.
Yes i did, I'm pretty sure its a 110main jet now. I tried a #115 it worked but the #110 worked better for me.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:47 AM   #41

Where did you buy your head? I need a new one for my vader.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
Where did you buy your head? I need a new one for my vader.
i bought one here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/54mm-Head-A...72.m2749.l2649
but now sold out. its a good reference though.....

Last edited by imapdog; 07-19-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:49 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
i bought one here:
Thanks! I'll start my search.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
i bought one here:
This has similar specs, looks a bit different where you adjust the valves.
any thoughts?

Old 07-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhildoScaggins View Post
This has similar specs, looks a bit different where you adjust the valves.
any thoughts?
99% sure that is one that will bolt on. i haven't heard of this place. i bookmarked it.
can always reassure and ask them....