Current setup:

2017 Icebear Fuerza

VM22-133 carb
Adjustable brake and clutch levers
17T front sprocket
Upgraded engine mount bolts to Class 10.9
Low mount exhaust
Nylon brackets to replace sharp bent metal wire/line brackets
Ohlins knockoff rear shock (not installed)
Gold Anodized tappet covers (not installed)
Magnetic oil plug (not installed)
Generic eBay oil cooler (not installed)
Protaper Grom handlebar (not installed)
USB port (not installed)
Battery voltage meter (not installed)
Re-wrap wiring harness in Tesa tape (not installed)
LED low mount lights (not installed)
Hydraulic clutch cable (not installed... hope this is the correct one)
Stainless steel brake lines (not installed)

^^^^^ Edit above for current setup ^^^^^

Original post below:

Picked this up last year (2017) and just found out about the site. Figured I'd make a post and contribute.

First thing to go on is the upgraded Mikuni VM22-133 carb. This was included as part of a special.

Next thing was getting an inline fuel valve. This makes pulling the carb really easy. Just shut the valve off... run the carb dry... pull carb, reinstall carb, etc... then open valve back up. You can also see the mikuni carb in the picture as well.

Next was the 17T front sprocket. I wanted to be able to cruise around at 45 mph at a bit lower RPM. Sprocket was also part of the special from when I bought the motorcycle. Don't have pictures of this... but the install was pretty easy... about 30 min from start to finish including adjusting and cleaning the chain.

To get rid of some of the wobble in the clutch and brake levers. Cheap eBay levers for less than $25 total. Levers took about 5 minutes to install. Super easy.

Next on the list is going to be the ZS190CC swap. May run this with a 17/32 sprocket setup. Guy in vegas is running a bored out ZS190CC with a 16/31 sprocket. I don't need all that acceleration.

Last edited by wlfpck; 01-14-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:11 AM   #2

Thanks for sharing! We don't get many Ice Bear anythings around here, ironically, since they are fairly large as far as Chinese manufacturers go. The Fuerza is a unique bike in that they made the stock bike out of a theoretical custom Grom bike that their designer interpreted as such; they banked on their success with their Maddog series of making stock 50/150cc scooters based their interpretation of a custom Ruckus. I give them props for creativity with both your Fuerza's design and the Maddog series of scooters. How many miles do you have, and what, if any, issues that have come up and needed attention? You get extra points for posting photos as a new member!!

As far as the guy out of Vegas with a 190cc bike--is that a Chinese bike? I am guessing he beats the average Grom at their own game!?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #3

I bought a Fuerza last year from APSCUSA and have done all the same mods. I put on a low mount grom exhaustas well. The pipe had to get heated up to fit properly, but it turned out pretty good. I also was looking at installing the zs190cc engine, but i am reluctant to double the cost of the bike in doing so.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Thanks for sharing! We don't get many Ice Bear anythings around here, ironically, since they are fairly large as far as Chinese manufacturers go. The Fuerza is a unique bike in that they made the stock bike out of a theoretical custom Grom bike that their designer interpreted as such; they banked on their success with their Maddog series of making stock 50/150cc scooters based their interpretation of a custom Ruckus. I give them props for creativity with both your Fuerza's design and the Maddog series of scooters. How many miles do you have, and what, if any, issues that have come up and needed attention? You get extra points for posting photos as a new member!!

As far as the guy out of Vegas with a 190cc bike--is that a Chinese bike? I am guessing he beats the average Grom at their own game!?
All the chinese grom clones (croms?) are pretty much the same. The big difference with the Icebear is that it comes with the "fender delete" and is lowered. It may even be stretched a couple inches. But overall the exact same. Engine mounts and everything are all identical. They may use different engines (125cc) though... like Loncin, Lifan, etc.

Main thing is that all the parts from the grom do swap over. So like swingarms/plastics/suspension/etc will all swap. I'm actually trading a guy my rear suspension for his OEM grom one. With the headlights, you'll need to procure the grom headlight bracket. But I'm probably going to swap to something that uses clamps on the forks. Something like this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Motorcycl...gAAOSwj9dZywU6

People in the ZS190 facebook group have been using grom kepspeed swingarms. I'm probably going to stick with mine and add a better chain adjuster. It has the OEM grom style one now.

I have about 150 miles. No issues. Mikuni carb went on about 1 mile after I had it. 17T sprocket went on at about 100 miles in. The levers was last weekend.

Coming up is the ZS190, Grom Plastics (so I can paint them metallic red), the headlight above, exhaust for the 190cc, maybe some new handlebars... that's about it.

The guy with the 212cc (zs190cc with 4 valve head and bored/stroked) is using an Icebear Fuerza. He also has 3? other chinese clones? Dude is literally a wealth of knowledge. Unfortunately... he's not near me.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAcid View Post
I bought a Fuerza last year from APSCUSA and have done all the same mods. I put on a low mount grom exhaustas well. The pipe had to get heated up to fit properly, but it turned out pretty good. I also was looking at installing the zs190cc engine, but i am reluctant to double the cost of the bike in doing so.
It's worth it. I've seen videos and everything... just having a 5th gear makes it worth it.

But yeah... I'm at the same place... the engine is a pretty $760... so not something cheap. I'm slowly saving up for it so I don't ruin my budget. Got new floors to put in at my house.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #6

Had installed my exhaust a while back but forgot to update the thread. No modifications needed. Direct bolt-on.

Exhaust is LOUD... May need to put the silencer they supplied with the exhaust.

All that's really left is to wait for my zs190.

Last edited by wlfpck; 07-06-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:46 PM   #7

Wlfpck - Post a link to the exhaust source please ,we are trying hard to compile a list of exhausts known to fit the Clones with little to no modification required, and this low mount would seem to be perfect .Thanks!
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Wlfpck - Post a link to the exhaust source please ,we are trying hard to compile a list of exhausts known to fit the Clones with little to no modification required, and this low mount would seem to be perfect .Thanks!

Exhaust that I used...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S...75.c100623.m-1

In terms of exhausts that will fit...

https://www.motorkit.com/en/5677-exhaust-onder?p=1

Most in the link above ^^^^ should fit. The one that most people use with the ZS190 is this one below:

https://www.motorkit.com/en/down-exh...sting-gp1.html

If you use the AR Aodonly exhaust...

Either you have to bend the exhaust piping to account for the angled exhaust port, or... weld in a 1 to 2 inch extension to have the exhaust pipe drop low enough.

Anyways... to find an exhaust you want... search for Honda Dax, Honda Z50, or Honda Monkey exhaust. As long as it's a low mount exhaust... it should fit (no promises). If you want a high mount... you'll have to test it out.

Reason for this is because the clone engines are based off the Honda CRF50 engine design. So the exhaust port is at an angle instead of straight down like the Grom and the SSR Razkull.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:27 PM   #9

I'm here in Vegas, and will be working with an old friend who was/is heading up the 190 swap knowledge base in Vegas, within the next two weeks. Can't wait. I hope to contribute to this site with things learned, in the very near future.

edit-

The guy out here in Vegas not only has a 190, but he swaps 2 or 3 out a week for friends and "customers", his current build in a grom clone, full grom plastics, has a Daytona 4v head, and been increased to 212cc. He's working on fuel injection for the 190 swap (or 212) for those who are interested in having FI. But he is a self-proclaimed carb guy. Why the ZS190? The kicker is the 5 speed transmission that you get with the 190, he says that's the game changer over the inexpensive big bore kits out there. Pretty interesting to follow, I don't have the time or energy he does. ha.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:01 PM   #10

The more i think about it the more i am ready to pull the trigger on a Zs190 swap, guess I better start doing my homework and finding out who has the most complete package for sale that has all the bits and pieces you need all included in one swap kit. I'm all for the extra power of course but the 5 speed gearbox is the big thing imo .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #11

I'm pretty happy with my little 125 as it is but that 190 is super tempting!

Old 07-24-2018, 04:31 PM   #12

You can't look at doubling the cost of the clone bikes by swapping the 190 in, you have to consider you get a grom crushing fun machine for half the cost.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #13

Looks like you have a Volkswagen as well.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #14

Kronik Racing near me in Simi Valley, California have been selling zs190 engines and whatever install doohickey is needed to install them on Boom! Vaders. He (either the owner or one of the owners) seems on and off on shipping bikes (mail order), but doesn't mind shipping them to Las Vegas, and they do have a Craigslist presence on the LV Craigslist. He might be more willing to ship the zs190 engines nationwide, but the last time I spoke with him a few weeks ago, they were waiting for a shipment of the engines to come in, and were soon to sell out their last batch of Vaders. I suggest to call them since I know they have been in business for several years now (meaning they are reliable) and have taken the Vaders under their wing (meaning they have sorted them out). Since they were originally a pit bike and scooter dealer and pit bike racing shop, they know their stuff. I did tell him to join here, but not sure he understood Chinarider's presence in the Chinese bike world.

http://www.kronikracing.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-30-2018, 08:22 PM   #15

I bought my clone from Kronik, very nice people! Work truck delivery to my house within a few days. Had a title issue and they resolved very quickly. Hats off to them.

It does seem the supply of ZS190s is very thin currently, but all vendors are hip to the demand and have placed orders for them. Who gets them and how many is up in the air. Pitster Pro is a big source.