Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
I'm not sure. This thing is such a POS. At 90km/h it feels unsafe. I haven't tried going any faster.

Did you expect to get a bike that you would feel confident going much faster than 40mph on when you ordered the Hellcat? IMSO it's supposed to be a cheap little doing laps around the neighborhood, running around town maybe going to the store, maybe lower speed stunting and tinkering on bike.

I mean they are one of the cheapest road legal bikes you can get brand new, so I hope you or anyone else didn't go to one of the places selling them for anymore than about $1200-$1300 delivered--I paid $1200 delivered, but have seen places trying to sell it for over $1000 more at almost $2500 maybe more I can't remember but it's ridiculous! I almost bought a used pitbike-- I talked a few people down to under $300 for bikes such as Thumpstar--and I was considering just throwing on lights and mirrors/reflectors/horn to make it legal--maybe even throw a moped plate on it, but I guess Im too lazy or wanted the easy way out so I spent many hundreds more on a more or less road ready bike in my Vader

I'm just hoping mine will last a little while before it blows up--at least until I'm ready to replace the engine with something better. During the first week or two when I was putting 10 miles on it every other day and it was hard to find neutral at first, yadda yadda, then seemed to be getting better, And then I think I messed up a shift or something the other day and the bike almost sounded like something was rubbing against the tire while I was riding after that. Now strange things have happened since like once I think it stalled out in like 2nd gear due to the intermittent fuel issue I still have, probably due to the emissions crap I still haven't taken off--anyhow I turn it off to preserve battery and try to find neutral, I thought I had because the bike rolled freely, then I turn the power on before I was going to start it and the indicator no joke said 3rd gear and the bike moved freely! AND to test if it was indicated properly I left the power on (engine was still off) and I shifted down to 2nd, then 1st--so I'm pretty sure it was in 3rd gear--or at least stuck somehwere near 3rd gear, but although I have watched a few similar videos on the inside of gearboxes and how they work--I am no engineer or expert so I'm not even sure if it could possibly really have been in or near 3rd gear and rolling freely like it was in Neutral--all while my hand was off the clutch. Another weird thing is sometimes, usually when I get homw from a ride and after I hit the kill switch & turn off the elecric power, I either already have it in Neutral or put it in neutral but it doesn't feel like it's rolling perfect like making a tiny noise intermittently at one point as I'm pushing it and I have come to realize if I lean the bike towards the clutch side when I am pushing it in Neutral like this sometimes it pops out of Neutral and the rear wheel locks up!---I am going to take an uneducated and quite possibly wrong guess that some of my issues might be that the gear selector forks, which are actuated by the gear drum, are maybe not all the way into the slot sometimes when I put it in gear so they can slip out to the next gear from say neutral and maybe that time I pushed it (mentioned above) in 3rd gear the clutch was stuck in even though I had realeased the clutch handle--OR maybe the gear selector fork hadn't pushed the gear all the way to lock up to a fixed gear so it could have still been freewheeling..? I really hope I haven't screwed up my gear box so fast...but oh well live and learn I guess. it would be too bad if I did ruin the gearbox because he rest of the engine, although a bit underpowered, starts up every time pretty easily and feels like it could run for thousands and thousands of miles perhaps

In any event, I do agree, kind of, that these bikes or at least parts of them, are kind of POS, but i am also saying no one should expect more from them than what they are. Kind of like don't buy a cheap, poorly rated car and be surprised when the car acts like a cheap car by having cheap parts that break easier than cars that are rated as reliable. Don't buy a mini/stunt/hooligan bike that's designed from the factory to cruise at 45mph, maybe go a little faster but not really sustained much faster and be upset it isn't feeling safe at slow highway speeds. Also, the 2018 Boom Vader I got is loads better, in a different league really, than some of the earlier motorcycle/scooters I have seen come out of China nearly 20 years ago. A couple of the scooters I have owned you would get them new, take the plastics off once gently and try to put the plastic back on as gentle as possible and the way they were fastened would mean the plastics would then fall off or be broken right away pretty much no matter what you did so it would be leave off the plastics, glue/epoxy them on or ride with junkie, broken plastics on your nearly brand new scooter

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 05-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxwell View Post
Did you expect to get a bike that you would feel confident going much faster than 40mph on when you ordered the Hellcat? IMSO it's supposed to be a cheap little doing laps around the neighborhood, running around town maybe going to the store, maybe lower speed stunting and tinkering on bike.

I mean they are one of the cheapest road legal bikes you can get brand new, so I hope you or anyone else didn't go to one of the places selling them for anymore than about $1200-$1300 delivered--I paid $1200 delivered, but have seen places trying to sell it for over $1000 more at almost $2500 maybe more I can't remember but it's ridiculous!

I'm just hoping mine will last a little while before it blows up--at least until I'm ready to replace the engine with something better. During the first week or two when I was putting 10 miles on it every other day and it was hard to find neutral at first, yadda yadda, then seemed to be getting better, And then I think I messed up a shift or something the other day and the bike almost sounded like something was rubbing against the tire while I was riding after that. Now strange things have happened since like once I think it stalled out in like 2nd gear due to the intermittent fuel issue I still have, probably due to the emissions crap I still haven't taken off--anyhow I turn it off to preserve battery and try to find neutral, I thought I had because the bike rolled freely, then I turn the power on before I was going to start it and the indicator no joke said 3rd gear and the bike moved freely! AND to test if it was indicated properly I left the power on (engine was still off) and I shifted down to 2nd, then 1st--so I'm pretty sure it was in 3rd gear--or at least stuck somehwere near 3rd gear, but although I have watched a few similar videos on the inside of gearboxes and how they work--I am no engineer or expert so I'm not even sure if it could possibly really have been in or near 3rd gear and rolling freely like it was in Neutral--all while my hand was off the clutch. Another weird thing is sometimes, usually when I get homw from a ride and after I hit the kill switch & turn off the elecric power, I either already have it in Neutral or put it in neutral but it doesn't feel like it's rolling perfect like making a tiny noise intermittently at one point as I'm pushing it and I have come to realize if I lean the bike towards the clutch side when I am pushing it in Neutral like this sometimes it pops out of Neutral and the rear wheel locks up!---I am going to take an uneducated and quite possibly wrong guess that some of my issues might be that the gear selector forks, which are actuated by the gear drum, are maybe not all the way into the slot sometimes when I put it in gear so they can slip out to the next gear from say neutral and maybe that time I pushed it (mentioned above) in 3rd gear the clutch was stuck in even though I had realeased the clutch handle--OR maybe the gear selector fork hadn't pushed the gear all the way to lock up to a fixed gear so it could have still been freewheeling..? I really hope I haven't screwed up my gear box so fast...but oh well live and learn I guess. it would be too bad if I did ruin the gearbox because he rest of the engine, although a bit underpowered, starts up every time pretty easily and feels like it could run for thousands and thousands of miles perhaps

In any event, I do agree, kind of, that these bikes or at least parts of them, are kind of POS, but i am also saying no one should expect more from them than what they are. Kind of like don't buy a cheap, poorly rated car and be surprised when the car acts like a cheap car by having cheap parts that break easier than cars that are rated as reliable. Don't buy a mini/stunt/hooligan bike that's designed from the factory to cruise at 45mph, maybe go a little faster but not really sustained much faster and be upset it isn't feeling safe at slow highway speeds. Also, the 2018 Boom Vader I got is loads better, in a different league really, than some of the earlier motorcycle/scooters I have seen come out of China nearly 20 years ago. A couple of the scooters I have owned you would get them new, take the plastics off once gently and try to put the plastic back on as gentle as possible and the way they were fastened would mean the plastics would then fall off or be broken right away pretty much no matter what you did so it would be leave off the plastics, glue/epoxy them on or ride with junkie, broken plastics on your nearly brand new scooter

I didn't expect poor frame welds. Poor to the point where brackets break off the frame from vibration. I wasn't expecting a defective triple tree preventing the bike from passing State inspection at a legitimate shop. I wasn't expecting it to randomly pop out of gear. The bike I received is a project bike at best. A death trap at worst.

I felt safer riding a modified ATM 50 at those speeds. This thing is a bucket of bolts.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #33

Quote:
I didn't expect poor frame welds. Poor to the point where brackets break off the frame from vibration. I wasn't expecting a defective triple tree preventing the bike from passing State inspection at a legitimate shop. I wasn't expecting it to randomly pop out of gear. The bike I received is a project bike at best. A death trap at worst.

I felt safer riding a modified ATM 50 at those speeds. This thing is a bucket of bolts.
I was just about to delete this comment I made since I went off topic of the specific thread. Again.

You do make some valid points. Like I said, Im hoping my gearbox or whatever part of the power transmission isn't knackered already with only 150 miles on it, at least some of that is probably me learning to shift it and at what rpm, plus I broke half the clutch lever when the bike fell because the kickstand doesn't do it's job well--you need to make sure it "settles" when you put it on the kickstand-it moves an inch or two or it will fall over--and having only half a clutch lever might mean I've been not having the clutch all the way pulled for shifts, not sure but I just ordered a new and better adjustable lever/handle, also the bike's performance either from changing during break-in or a crimped gas/emission line problem Ive had...but I guess maybe I've been lucky or not put enough miles on mine or the Vader could be slightly better quality, only time will tell..

Sounds to me like if your bike is running at all maybe you should put it up for sale to recover what you can while you can and et something else. I still wonder sometimes if I should've spent the money on say a used Ninja 250cc or whatever--I found a Ninja 250 in less than 30 seconds the other day listed as the second search result for $1900, it was about 10 years old I think, under 7k miles--was probably a learning bike but looked in good shape. AND I'm sure I could've found cheaper had I continues looking but I stopped right there.

Only time will tell me if Im happy or get my money's worth at all out of my Vader, so far I'm not sure of that, but I am sure I defend the clones when you say it's a POS partly out of hopiung my overall experience with it after owning it and riding it for a significant amount of time will be a good one, and partly because it hasnt been really bad at all for me yet, some not great stuff but nothing completely broke other than the handle when I let it fall over.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:48 PM   #34

Quote:

Is your rear wheel locking up when it pops out of gear when riding? If yes that sounds like a nightmare--literally that is one thing I have really worried about happening. Also is the bracket that broke on yours like the lower front fairing bracket near the trip tree?

funny side note I had that scooter you mention and I did put about 10k miles on it in maybe 4 months plus when I got it used with about 10k miles on it already, so I suppose it was ridden enough to get my money's worth and then some---but anyways the plastics on mine were way worse than the Vader and loads of stuff, bolts etc fell of mine as I was riding--

Old 05-09-2019, 03:51 PM   #35

I also had a problem with crimping. Since the carb that shipped on my bike was defective I had to remove it and the airbox then replace it with an aftermarket manifold and carb. At that point I noticed the intake hose on the airbox was almost completely pinched off by the coil wire.

Any bike made from the big 4 and in good condition would be much better than these clones. But a Ninja 250 is kind of, ah, not as good of a beginner bike as you may think.

Old 05-09-2019, 03:58 PM   #36

Quote:
Is your rear wheel locking up when it pops out of gear when riding? If yes that sounds like a nightmare--literally that is one thing I have really worried about happening. Also is the bracket that broke on yours like the lower front fairing bracket near the trip tree?

funny side note I had that scooter you mention and I did put about 10k miles on it in maybe 4 months plus when I got it used with about 10k miles on it already, so I suppose it was ridden enough to get my money's worth and then some---but anyways the plastics on mine were way worse than the Vader and loads of stuff, bolts etc fell of mine as I was riding--
No, my rear wheel isn't locking up. Mine is more like ... going from 2'nd to 3'rd, it will pop back down to 2nd soon after the shift. It doesn't lock up. It's just like downshifting without the clutch.

The bracket that broke on mine was the voltage regulator bracket by the rear shock.

Old 05-09-2019, 04:34 PM   #37

Quote:
I also had a problem with crimping. Since the carb that shipped on my bike was defective I had to remove it and the airbox then replace it with an aftermarket manifold and carb. At that point I noticed the intake hose on the airbox was almost completely pinched off by the coil wire.

Any bike made from the big 4 and in good condition would be much better than these clones. But a Ninja 250 is kind of, ah, not as good of a beginner bike as you may think.

Wow it sounds like you had a ton wrong/ defective on yours. So far mine is alright mostly--I am maybe starting to have the shifting issue you mentioned because a couple times after a full stop I go into first then quickly try to go to second as usual and either the gear indicator goes from first to nothing indicated and I have to hit the shifter again to get the indicator to come up and at least once the bike (I think the gearbox specifically though not sure) then made a sound like something was rubbing the tire which nothing appeared to be hitting any tire and the noise would go away after letting the bike cool and riding again---OR from a stop I put it in first brap, shift to second brap, then shift to third and again the indicator either goes from second to nothing or goes to third briefly then back to second.But this has only happened a couple times and im hoping that my new adjsutable clutch lever coming tomorrow or a clutch cable adjustment MIGHT help me out. not too sure

I felt like my bike was also really jerky when I first got it--like winding up speed/rpms in 2nd gear it sometimes lurched as the rpm climbed even though I was holding throttle steady and similar would happen as I deccelerated---but as it breaks in it seems like I have way less of that--at first I thought it was just carb related--now Im not sure if it was the carb breaking in/malfunction, the engine power train or drive train/transmission break in getting smoother or if it was a syptom of my fueling issues--and Im halfway sure I could track down the answer without advanced tools, but Im definitley too lazy to do that.!

I have a good amount of car knowledge, or at least I used to, as I don't remember how much of it I've forgotten!!-- 15+ years ago i started my work at Mieneke for 2 years doing everything from oil changes and brakes to engine and transmission replacements and swaps--Although I had most of the Automobile Series tests passed handily under my belt, I had very little experience, so usually on almost all the harder, larger jobs I would be assisting or overseen to some degree by a Master Technician who was at very least a Master in the A series tests but often the main few guys I worked with either had tests or Master status from other series and all but one of them had decades more experience than me working on cars at the time--anyways my point is that my motorcycle knowledge is way less than my decent car knowledge, I only recently started riding 2 wheelers on the regular, so I really don't know too much and I haven't even looked up anything about the Ninja 250 or seen it up close in person or never even watched a Youtube about any Ninjas. I have seen posters of like the Ninja H2R and growing up as a kid and teen I always liked the Ninjas I saw parked, usually in cities and when I was impressionable thought the riders were instantly cooler by stepping over the bike and twisting that throttle, shifting those gears,disappearing rapidly, and occasionally popping a wheelie lol.

Why do you think a Ninja 250 isn't a good starter bike? just wondering, since like I said I pretty much know jack. What would be a good starter bike for someone like me (who rode under 20k miles on scooters and recently only a few hundred combined miles on dirtbikes and this new Vader--plus tiny amounts of mostly dirtbike riding years ago) to get after this Vader or in addition to the Vader?

Old 05-09-2019, 04:40 PM   #38

Quote:
It's not bad. It's far better than say a CBR600RR, which is what so many dealers sell as a "beginner" bike. But I hear you. I think a TW200 is the perfect beginner bike, from a purely "teach someone how to ride" standpoint. Hard to stall, nice and low, not too heavy, easy to pick up, dirt cheap, and not destroyable. BUT... the ninja is a better all-around motorcycle. It won't be outgrown quickly. Hell, even after owning 20 motorcycles, I could live with a 250 ninja as my only bike. It's just extremely versatile.

I'm also actually not a superfan of my Buccaneer 250 as a beginner bike. I'm a huge fan of it as a motorcycle, but it's got a pretty tall seat height (31"), the levers are made out of cheese, and replacement levers take a week to 10 days to get from SSR. Between me riding off-road and teaching people to ride on the bike, it had probably been crashed 15 times. Smashed up the headlight trim a bit, bent the handlebars, even bent a lever or two. But never did all that crashing that made the bike unrideable.

My friend Carly bought a buccaneer, and has dropped it three times already. At a standstill. Each time resulting in not being able to ride for a week because she broke a lever.

Charles.

Old 05-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #39

Quote:
Wow it sounds like you had a ton wrong/ defective on yours. So far mine is alright mostly--I am maybe starting to have the shifting issue you mentioned because a couple times after a full stop I go into first then quickly try to go to second as usual and either the gear indicator goes from first to nothing indicated and I have to hit the shifter again to get the indicator to come up and at least once the bike (I think the gearbox specifically though not sure) then made a sound like something was rubbing the tire which nothing appeared to be hitting any tire and the noise would go away after letting the bike cool and riding again---OR from a stop I put it in first brap, shift to second brap, then shift to third and again the indicator either goes from second to nothing or goes to third briefly then back to second.But this has only happened a couple times and im hoping that my new adjsutable clutch lever coming tomorrow or a clutch cable adjustment MIGHT help me out. not too sure

I felt like my bike was also really jerky when I first got it--like winding up speed/rpms in 2nd gear it sometimes lurched as the rpm climbed even though I was holding throttle steady and similar would happen as I deccelerated---but as it breaks in it seems like I have way less of that--at first I thought it was just carb related--now Im not sure if it was the carb breaking in/malfunction, the engine power train or drive train/transmission break in getting smoother or if it was a syptom of my fueling issues--and Im halfway sure I could track down the answer without advanced tools, but Im definitley too lazy to do that.!

I have a good amount of car knowledge, or at least I used to, as I don't remember how much of it I've forgotten!!-- 15+ years ago i started my work at Mieneke for 2 years doing everything from oil changes and brakes to engine and transmission replacements and swaps--Although I had most of the Automobile Series tests passed handily under my belt, I had very little experience, so usually on almost all the harder, larger jobs I would be assisting or overseen to some degree by a Master Technician who was at very least a Master in the A series tests but often the main few guys I worked with either had tests or Master status from other series and all but one of them had decades more experience than me working on cars at the time--anyways my point is that my motorcycle knowledge is way less than my decent car knowledge, I only recently started riding 2 wheelers on the regular, so I really don't know too much and I haven't even looked up anything about the Ninja 250 or seen it up close in person or never even watched a Youtube about any Ninjas. I have seen posters of like the Ninja H2R and growing up as a kid and teen I always liked the Ninjas I saw parked, usually in cities and when I was impressionable thought the riders were instantly cooler by stepping over the bike and twisting that throttle, shifting those gears,disappearing rapidly, and occasionally popping a wheelie lol.

Why do you think a Ninja 250 isn't a good starter bike? just wondering, since like I said I pretty much know jack. What would be a good starter bike for someone like me (who rode under 20k miles on scooters and recently only a few hundred combined miles on dirtbikes and this new Vader--plus tiny amounts of mostly dirtbike riding years ago) to get after this Vader or in addition to the Vader?

The problem with shifting is most likely not related to the clutch lever cable. On the FB clone groups others talk about these shifting problems being related to the gear box itself. Really, these are truly garbage. Especially the drive train.

A good beginner bike for someone who has driven dirt bikes and scooters on the street; A Yamaha MT-07

Old 05-09-2019, 06:33 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
It's not bad. It's far better than say a CBR600RR, which is what so many dealers sell as a "beginner" bike. But I hear you. I think a TW200 is the perfect beginner bike, from a purely "teach someone how to ride" standpoint. Hard to stall, nice and low, not too heavy, easy to pick up, dirt cheap, and not destroyable. BUT... the ninja is a better all-around motorcycle. It won't be outgrown quickly. Hell, even after owning 20 motorcycles, I could live with a 250 ninja as my only bike. It's just extremely versatile.

I'm also actually not a superfan of my Buccaneer 250 as a beginner bike. I'm a huge fan of it as a motorcycle, but it's got a pretty tall seat height (31"), the levers are made out of cheese, and replacement levers take a week to 10 days to get from SSR. Between me riding off-road and teaching people to ride on the bike, it had probably been crashed 15 times. Smashed up the headlight trim a bit, bent the handlebars, even bent a lever or two. But never did all that crashing that made the bike unrideable.

My friend Carly bought a buccaneer, and has dropped it three times already. At a standstill. Each time resulting in not being able to ride for a week because she broke a lever.

Charles.

I just ordered these adjustable levers that LOOK nice, at least look nice to me as a motorcycle newcomer. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My bike fell over just once due to the kickstand on my Vader that shifts everytime you put it on the kickstand on flat ground and it will fall everytime if you don't wiggle/push it a little to make the kickstand shift to its final resting place while you are still holding it steady. Luckily I havent crashed yet, hopefully I did all my crashing (twice) for learning on my scooter last year. I broke the Clutch hand lever off at about the halfway point and I have rode at least 50 miles or so since that happened---I just recently have had a little funny business happening with my shifting/gearbox and I am really hoping I didn't mess anything up in the gears because I think it is harder to pull my clutch all the way in with half a lever, which means I probably havent been pulling it in all the way every time since it broke. These bikes will shift without using the clutch just like a semi-auto or "slipper-clutch" or whatever, but I have heard it puts excessive wear on some of the gearbox, make it fail sooner

Im glad your bike still works after all the crashing!

I don't feel like 31" is a high seat height since 26" is the bare minimum height to be street legal--in Connecticut anyhow. I'm probably 6' to 6'1" tops in a new pair of cross trainer sneakers, but without shoes I'm like 5'10" to 5'11" which is about average for an American male last time I checked--and I think m y Vader is 30" seat height, which is fine for me to get on and off, the lower the easier to mount it I suppose. It actually feels maybe a tad small for my legs as I ride, but it might partly feel small because the pegs/foot pedal and lever aren't placed forward and may be are even slightly sporty in their placement--I just make sure to bend my knee on the leg i throw over the seat when I get on and off to kind of get more clearance between my shoe and parts of the bke such as the rear turn signals, which look very easy to break with an unintentional slow "kick".

Old 05-09-2019, 07:24 PM   #41

Yes well my friend who keeps dropping the bike is a short girl. Plus let’s be honest, a nice low seat height is a LOT easier to recover from a boneheaded low speed maneuver, especially for a new motorcyclist.

Charles.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:24 AM   #42

Quote:
Yes well my friend who keeps dropping the bike is a short girl. Plus let’s be honest, a nice low seat height is a LOT easier to recover from a boneheaded low speed maneuver, especially for a new motorcyclist.

Charles.

I see and agreed. I do like the relatively low seat height on my Vader along with it's light weight all makes it very manageable, especially as a newer rider but also I would like to think I will still appreciate it's nimble frame as I gain experience and perhaps add a little power to the bike. I suppose I wouldn't mind a couple inches shaved off it's height, although for me I would then (and kind of now) want the foot pegs moved a little down + forward or backward to give me some more room there. I wonder if your stock Bucaneer rear shocks are adjustable to the end of affecting seat height a little?

Old 05-10-2019, 02:42 AM   #43

Quote:
It's not bad. It's far better than say a CBR600RR, which is what so many dealers sell as a "beginner" bike. But I hear you. I think a TW200 is the perfect beginner bike, from a purely "teach someone how to ride" standpoint. Hard to stall, nice and low, not too heavy, easy to pick up, dirt cheap, and not destroyable.

Charles.

I just looked up the TW200 and it definitley looks fun to me! There are so many great things about motorcycles, including the plethora of different body and engine styles, different tire styles, different purposes bikes are made for. It also isnt too hard to change tires/wheels and maybe the shocks on a road bike to do some light trail driving at least. Plus motorcycles, at face value, are cheaper to buy than cars and I hope to own many very diverse motorcycles over the coming years. It's very funny (at least to me) to note that the owner's manual for my Vader reads that it was made for street riding or riding in fields also. I mean sure if you take it slow on very light and smoother off-roading maybe you won't ruin it or wipe out on the lightweight shocks and non-grippy stock tires--but to think even for a second it would be a good idea to take the stock Vader in any sort of bumpy and off-road environment, even a mild trail, is a bad idea and comical. I'm pretty sure the Vader would break and maybe crash quite quickly in a proper off road ride

Old 05-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #44

Vader 125? Like this?

Charles.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #45

Quote:
Do you think exhaust mod/new exhaust may make your Hawk feel better at higher speeds/rpm?

In my opinion 63MPH is pretty darn fast on a small displacement and fairly light bike like most of us on China Riders have. SO I would say you're doing pretty good hitting 63! I would probably chicken out on my Vader or not hold that highway speeds even if i eventually can somehow hit 60 with gearing,carb,exhaust... AND favorable wind maybe a slight downhill on really smooth pavement and speed tires would help too lol To go on the highway or at Highway speeds then I would maybe want a proper touring or sports bike with top of the line wheels, suspension and an engine that feels comfortable at 65MPH
My Benelli does 64mph stock. I did this yesterday. On 12" wheels, this is fast. Mine has fuel injection so aside from sprockets, there isn't too much to do with it. I know from my other bike, the computer is set to run stock, you change exhaust, intake, anything, it's not going to like it and you risk running lean.