Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 01:06 AM   #1

Greetings from Maine!

My name is Aaron I'm 36. I'm from Rockland Maine. I currently have a 2006 Yellow Primo Terminator 150cc scooter. I'm thinking of either an Enduro or Street Bike as a step up. I like the scooter but need a liitle more reliable speed on my local roads. I am 5' 10" and fat. 250lbs. Will the Enduro be able to handle me OK? I have 20 years of riding experience on every kind of bike and went Chinese just to get back to the soul of riding. Simple machine, simple purpose,....just have fun.
My Scoot:

Thanks look forward to it!

Old 08-09-2006, 08:31 AM   #2

Welcome.

Finally, someone close (I'm in New Brunswick).

I'm 6'3" and 210lbs. My LF200GY hauls me around just fine. It'll do 65mph but 50-55 is much more comfortable. Perfect for around town with enough snap to keep up with traffic.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 08-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #3

Thank you FrostBite! I am a member of a couple other forums and still the next closest member is in Boston! I love NB it's beautiful. I live halfway down the coast of Maine in Rockland. I've driven up many times as a trucker and with my wife on the way to PEI. I'm gonna do a lot of post reading before I start with the Questions! Thanks again.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
I am impressed that there are actually people living in Maine and NB.
I hate winters in Indiana. I shiver just thinking of farther north. 8O

Old 08-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
WELCOME TO OUR LITTLE ONLINE FAMILY, ACD

Always good to see more members come onboard. I know the advantage of having reference material close by when you have a problem and now you are only a keyboard away! These sites are invaluable and I am happy that frostbite made it available for us.

Shame on folks talking about winter already! Here I am in Mississippi sweating bullets still. 103 outside and 35% humidity makes it feel like 110. But the good part is that fall is just around the corner and we can have our 70 degree weather shortly!
Come to think of it, don't many folks live here either!?
8O

Old 08-09-2006, 04:21 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
BTW - that is a nice looking scooter.
What is the top speed on one of those?

Old 08-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #7

Sorry been reading and reading :? Thanks for the welcomes! Temperature and humidity finally dropped up here it's gorgeous this week. I'm a fall kind of person anyway 50-60 deg. clean dry air! The scooter is a 150 4 stroke with CVT drive it goes 61 indicated with my 250 lb butt on it. That's probably really 53-55 mph given the Chinese speedo accuracy. I have tailgated my wifes Equinox the car indicating 60mph. Equinox makes a heck of a windbreak though! Fantastic forum here and I'm learning lots. It's interesting the comparisons between the GY200 and scooter manufacturers. I have a Diamo dealer near me that I am friendly with. The Enduro they offer is very nice but at $2199 I'll be interneting one like I did the scooter. (Diamo only sells through brick and morter dealers now.) I've been thinking bigger scooter but for the money I guess the motorcycles make more sense. I like the dirt raod capability of the Enduro but does anyone have one of the GS200 street bikes? I am trying to honestly cruise at 65 on Us Rte 1. Slower I'll get flattened from behind. To many tickets with the regular motorcycles I used to have. I've owned 16 bikes over 20 years. Puch Moped all the way to V65 Sabre. Most were Yamaha 650 twins.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:19 PM   #8

Welcome, ACD. Simon, from Yuma, AZ. When you hear or read about the high temps in Phoenix, it's usually a little hotter here!! The winters are very nice and dry, so 6 months of cool, dry temps, 6 months of hellish heat. (The only thing to defend is that it is still possible to do things on the hottest days, unlike the cold, snowy days you have in your winters, as long as your car air works, and the place you go to has air. We don't have to bundle up and worry about sliding off the road, either, due to rain or ice)I wouldn't count on any of the GY200's humming along at 65 minimum. If it makes you feel better, many of the dual sport Kawasukiyamahonda's 200-250's don't cruise well at 65, either, from what I understand, at least when they are loaded down for extended trips.

They are great, street legal bikes for around town riding, but don't take them in the sand like I learned the hard way last weekend.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #9

Calcune thanks for the info! We get by ok in the winter. That's why god made ATV's and snowmobiles. Were known to ride the bikes in February if it's a nice day and the roads are clear. Cold dense air does wonders for performance!

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 08-12-2006, 10:03 AM   #10

Quote:
I hate winters in Indiana. I shiver just thinking of farther north. Shocked
Its a fair trade-off for the lack of sizzling hear, tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 08-13-2006, 12:46 AM   #11

Here's a picture of me in the unbearable northern climate last Sunday. I apologize for the view (of me anyway) to everyone especially the desert dwellers!

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie

Old 08-13-2006, 03:17 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACD
Here's a picture of me in the unbearable northern climate last Sunday. I apologize for the view (of me anyway) to everyone especially the desert dwellers!

Aaron
Believe it or not, but we have lots of water nearby. The Colorado River forms Arizona's western border with California/Mexico, and we are only an hour's drive from the Sea of Cortez in Mexico. However, the lush greenery of the forest is what I long for...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-14-2006, 12:20 AM   #13

Ok Culcune greenery and water ... yeah that's me trying to drown the Kodiak.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie