Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to dlunt
Hi I am Dennis

Hi all,
I keep forgeting to post my info.
My name is Dennis. I live in Camby Indiana. It is about 7 miles south west of Indianapolis. I am 44. Been married for 23 years and have an 11 yr old boy.
I am a WebSystems Infrastructure person. I have been doing IT/programming for about 10 years and did about anything else before that.

I used to ride with my dad when I was around 6-7. He had a 60's Yamaha 125 and then an old Honda 305 Dream.
If you are familiar with Indy, we used to ride where Eagle Creek reservoir now stands.
I started riding friends mini-bikes and go-karts when I was about 8.
I had my own mini-bike at 8. My dad bought a bigger one for himself. I rode it. Then he started with motorcycles. And he gave me a 73 Yamaha 125 when he moved up. During my teens I rode various dirt and enduros that we had and friends had. My mom even got into it on a Honda Trial 90. We would trailer our bikes all over the place to meet friends and go trail riding. Great family fun!

I didn't have a bike for about 10 years. About 5 yrs ago I got the bug again and have had Ninja 250 and a Vulcan 500. I loved the Ninja but my old back and wrists didn't like the riding position. The Vulcan was nice but I found out that I don't like the cruiser style of riding.

I bought my son a Flywing MX100 a few months ago. Wow! I forgot how much fun a dirt/enduro style bike is. I decided to experiment and try a Chinese bike for myself. So far, so good. (other than the MSO issues).

Sorry if I rambled on.
I really enjoy this forum. Lot's of good info.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:39 PM   #2

It's a bit late to say 'welcome' as you have been here awhile, but your story/history was interesting, and, no you did not ramble.