Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 04:43 PM   #1

Egg_Foo_Moto in Colorado

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say hello, and let you all know this a great thing you are doing.

I will be getting a Viva GY200 for myself as well as one for the wife. I'm new to bikes but Erin (the wife) grew up on the pegs of one so I'll be just fine.

My only bike was a 50cc Indian 8O (orange and beat to death before I got it) I wish I had kept it. aarrgghhh!

I'll let you guys know as the ship day gets closer!

-Brian-

Old 07-24-2006, 05:23 PM   #2

Stick around and help get this place hoppin'. A BBS of collective minds makes living without an aftermarket for the bike a WHOLE lot more fun! I benefited first hour I got on here with the gearing I'd been worrying over. I think of my little Chinese DP as sort of an affordable toy to play with, sort of like a reliable Indian Enfield Bullet with modern design. Okay, that's an oxymoron, but you get my drift.

I have a couple of friends into those Enfields. They're always breaking down and they have a real following. Far as I can see, my little 200cc DP is very reliable by comparison and cost was 1/4 that of a new Enfield and it's just as fast! Also gets better mileage and is off road capable. Don't get no better IMHO. But, if you wish to modify it, there are compatible parts, just is no aftermarket for the specific bike. That's why we need a place like this! I was so tickled to find a solution to the gearing thing, I was braggin' about it to everyone that didn't care...