Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #1

Needing some info

While scouring the web looking for info on tuning Mikuni carbs I stumbled across this forum and had to join. I read some REALLY helpful info given by someone going by the name " Weldangrind". Well I'm needing some info from him or any one regarding clone Mikuni carbs.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #2

Fire away. I don't claim to know everything about them, but I'm willing to share my experience.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #3

Well I was reading an old message that you were helping a guy out with his clone Mikuni carb and I think it said it was a PZ30 that he had gotten off eBay. Well just recently I got 3 clone Mikuni carbs from eBay and on the invoice it says that they are CA09. What is the real difference if any? I haven't gotten them to run the way I would like but there running. After reading the info you had given to the other person about jets it got me thinking about how our 3 quads were running and was wondering if the Mikuni jets that the other guy was going to try and did to make his run better would work for me

Old 03-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #4

With the amount of Mikuni-related conversations I've had, I'm struggling to remember that specific thread. I don't recall ever seeing CA09.

Let's start fresh. Can you show me either a pic of your new carb, or the eBay link? I need to ensure that we're discussing the same thing before I send you down the wrong path.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #5

I will have to try and find the link to eBay as it was my uncle whom bought them for us as he has a paypal account. The invoice info is as follows, " 30mm Mikuni Carburetor CRF XR 100 200 250 Carb ATV CA09". The place/warehouse they came from is www.pccmotor.com located in Rancho Cucamonga Ca. When I looked for it on there site I found it listed under motor bike parts. I have looked on the site that sells jets and I found some that match, just haven't measured them, I had 1 of the carbs off today and the jets were the same size as you had mentioned in a past thread 20 and 100

Old 03-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #6

Like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30MM-MIKUNI-...bf060c&vxp=mtr