Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #1

Anyone diagnosed with Covid?

I think I might have caught the bug last weekend. My son tested on 6/16 and quarantined himself in an old trailer we have, a 1974 Silver Streak. At the urgent care he tested at a few days prior, the doctor told him that pretty much anyone who lost taste and smell was testing positive. My son also had a cough similar to a cold or flu. He never had a fever. Now, I have had a cough for months (since late March). I tested negative in early May when one of my supervisors was confirmed with COVID a week prior (he died on June 1). I also took another test (keep in mind that I have had my minor cough for quite a while) on May 26--negative. But, last Saturday I fell asleep, and woke up coughing (not really unusual all this time). However, I had a weird feeling in my sinuses. Something felt numb-ish, but it is hard to explain the feeling. I went to the fridge and grabbed my kids' chocolate milk; I could barely smell it. I poured a little bit and drank it--barely taste it. The next day I kept smelling things--I could smell them, but only a little bit. Also, taste was there, but I could tell I could not fully taste. Oh, and I have not had a fever the whole time (my work checks our temperature as we enter; my son works at the same employer). So, I tested this past Monday morning. There were hundreds of people lining up to test considering with all the cross-border travelers have made a massive resurgence here in Yuma County. I still don't have my results, but quarantined with my son in the trailer. Neither of us have any of the dramatic death-bed symptoms (obviously or I would be in a drug-induced coma waiting to be a statistic). I wear an N95 mask all day and night, and am sitting here waiting.

Has anyone else tested positive (I know, I am not officially confirmed)? Similar experiences?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-26-2020, 03:05 PM   #2

I can't confirm the similarity of your experiences,..but I do know one person locally that had Covid (out of 30 local confirmed cases) This man was a scout leader,..and for him it was a 9 week ordeal in the hosp.,..over 2 weeks in ICU, touch-and-go. He finally was released Easter Sunday to go home,...but is still getting rehap and in-home therapy all these weeks later. No one else in his household, or family members got it. It is a terrible virus, not to be taken lightly. Keeping you and your family in our thoughts for the best outcomes.
2019 Brozz 250

Old 06-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #3

My wife is an er nurse, of the people they saw most had flu like symptoms and just rode it out. Most that got it worse had other issues that played a big part. It effects everyone differently, can kill a perfectly healthy person or someone with a history of issues could have zero symptoms. Keep and eye on it, if you start to have more issues with breathing don't be afraid to go in.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:16 AM   #4

My prayers are with you and your son to have a quick recovery and like duck said don't let it get away from you, if you feel it in your chest in the least call 911 and get ahead of it.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:35 AM   #5

Take care of yourself ,we won’t be able to replace you very easily !

Old 06-27-2020, 05:08 AM   #6

I was never officially diagnosed because my Dr (over the phone) told me to stay home unless I felt like medical attention was necessary. But had all the symptoms. Diminished taste and smell, persistent cough and feeling like I wasn't getting enough oxygen, fever, and a headache that wouldn't go away. This lasted for a little over a month and I ate mucinex like candy, drank pedialyte every day, and kept switching from acetaminophen and ibuprofen to combat the fever. I gotta admit though there was 3 days that I seriously thought about going to the ER because I was lightheaded from not getting enough oxygen. Now I still have some residual congestion and shortness of breath, because I think the virus did some damage to my lungs. Funny thing is my girlfriend and I both tried to self quarantine (she was sick for 6 weeks) but most friends and family members still came around even after being warned, and none of them have showed any symptoms.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 06-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #7

Take care of yourself culcune. As Bruces said, you'd be impossible to replace here! Hey! With all this spare time you have now, it will give you lots of opportunity to research all the upcoming new bikes being imported and EPA listings for us! ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #8

A couple friends of mine caught it.. and it was confirmed by testing. Both live in NYC. Both had 102+ fevers for 2+ days. One had it for 2.5 days, the other for 3.5 days. They both had fatigue for about a week. The coughing... both said it lasted for about a month.

They both said it was like like a bad flu for about 4 or 5 days.. Neither lost smell or taste. One lost taste, but only when they were running a fever. Once the fever broke, taste was fine.

Good luck!

Old 06-28-2020, 03:51 PM   #9

A close friend (64) of my mother is covid positive, right now he is in a state paid hotel. The symptoms he had, lack of smell, lack of taste, no fever body pain. He is doing just fine and in the fews days he will be released to keep resting in his house.

The Chinese supermarket (-_-) next block was closed by the Police, because they found out that one of them had Covid, they knew but they still keep working..... God Bless China and the common sense of the chinese people.

I'm an essential worker and since the 25 i been having some symptoms.

Headache: Which is somewhat heavy, but nothing that i can't handle... i had a few exposed cavity and those who had them, now how painful they can be.

Tiredness: Usually i don't sleep a lot, something like 4 to 5 hours, hell sometimes i need Benzodiazepine drugs to be able to sleep...
but a few days ago i did sleep like 10 to 14 hours...

Sinuses: Hurt a bit, not as much as when i had a paranasal sinuses as a kid but still.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:36 PM   #10

I had it, tested positive. Felt like vrap for 10 days, had a fever of 100+ and a sore body for almost 7 days. Felt exhausted for another 4 days and just slept. Had a decent cough for most of those days.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I had it, tested positive. Felt like vrap for 10 days, had a fever of 100+ and a sore body for almost 7 days. Felt exhausted for another 4 days and just slept. Had a decent cough for most of those days.
How are you now?? I hope you are back to normal!

My son had only a moderate cough and runny nose. I don't think I clarified--he tested positive. I have not had my months long cough for a few days now; slight runny nose for me. I still don't have my results (I tested last Monday).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
How are you now?? I hope you are back to normal!

My son had only a moderate cough and runny nose. I don't think I clarified--he tested positive. I have not had my months long cough for a few days now; slight runny nose for me. I still don't have my results (I tested last Monday).
I am fine now. I didn't ever get too bad that I needed a hospital visit.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 06-29-2020, 09:09 PM   #13

I tested negative, once again for the 3rd time, whereas my son had a very mild case of it. I have a feeling that when I went to the L.A. region to take care of a traffic ticket which I had been postponing, and then finally got around to stopping by CSC's headquarters (I started that thread on 2/21/20) I might have caught it. I have had a lingering cough that I cannot recall when it began, as well as my itchy eye (months ago a coworker asked me about it) which I still have, which perhaps could be leftover symptoms. My son lost his sense of smell and taste, and was told most everyone who had that happen to them tested positive, and he did. I lost most of my sense of smell and taste last weekend and tested a week ago, and...negative. Thank you all for your kind words, and Megadan and Wild Dog (if you do indeed have it)--feel better/get better!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-29-2020, 09:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I tested negative, once again for the 3rd time, whereas my son had a very mild case of it. I have a feeling that when I went to the L.A. region to take care of a traffic ticket which I had been postponing, and then finally got around to stopping by CSC's headquarters (I started that thread on 2/21/20) I might have caught it. I have had a lingering cough that I cannot recall when it began, as well as my itchy eye (months ago a coworker asked me about it) which I still have, which perhaps could be leftover symptoms. My son lost his sense of smell and taste, and was told most everyone who had that happen to them tested positive, and he did. I lost most of my sense of smell and taste last weekend and tested a week ago, and...negative. Thank you all for your kind words, and Megadan and Wild Dog (if you do indeed have it)--feel better/get better!
I think you have allergies.

BTW, have you been tested for antibodies?

Oh.. My mom just told me my cousin in NJ had it. I asked her what kind of symptoms he had and she said, all he told her was that he was super tired, sore throat, and a bad cough. No fever or loss of smell and/or taste. She also made me order some Bee Propolis for her.. Because he said that's what he used to get over it.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:43 PM   #15

I am going to get the antibody test. I have had these allergy symptoms for months which probably wouldn't indicate COVID, other than the cough. My son's COVID was only coughing and loss of taste and smell, but he noticed a weird numb feeling that would come and go (still there) in his forearm. That's all. No fatigue, either. Still a few days window to see if any of us caught it from him. But, when he first had his cough, that would have been 2 weeks from this past Friday, so we are hopefully all in the clear.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150