Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2020, 12:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician16 View Post
I've been practicing Spanish every day, and I started German as well. I've been doing about every chore I can think of around the house, should be finishing up new screens for the house in the next day or two. My Magician is 1400 miles away, so I'm tiding a bicycle daily.
God dam... 2 languages.... I'm battling to learn Thai..

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 04-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #17

Me and wife riding the TW200 here and there. Tons of motorcycles on the road now days.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:19 AM   #18

Right now, I’m working on getting the string trimmer running that the PO of Cheesy Manor left here. As with the snowblower and the garden tractor, pretty obvious the guy wasn’t a mechanic. A lot of half assed repairs.

Also, reconfiguring the big garage for the arrival of my two big roll around tool boxes. Hopefully, by the end of the month.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 04-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #19

cheesy, you know how to get ahold of me if you need assistance getting it running....LOL

Old 04-18-2020, 10:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
God dam... 2 languages.... I'm battling to learn Thai..

Dang, good luck. I could only get the basics and gave up. Inflections are so foreign to my English speaking tongue.

Been working on my new to me KLR650. Wife wants me to sell the hawk. She says no need for 2 dual sports. I am thinking of "giving" it to our son. That way he can say it is his and she cannot make me get rid of it.

Old 04-18-2020, 10:42 AM   #21

Today is my last day of work before I get furloughed, so I am going to be doing a lot of fishing (weather permitted). Saving for a motorcycle, writing sermons, and resting my shoulder since I have two tears.

Old 04-18-2020, 11:14 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
cheesy, you know how to get ahold of me if you need assistance getting it running....LOL
Down to the final bits with it, bogie. Last item is the so called spark plug terminal. One of those crummy curly spring type that push into the cable. Probably be fine if the PO hadn’t boogered up the boot. Hitting NAPA up today for a new crimp terminal and a boot while on my Ural wanders.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 04-18-2020, 11:26 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundhouse View Post
Dang, good luck. I could only get the basics and gave up. Inflections are so foreign to my English speaking tongue.
Many years ago, before I started working for a French company, I could speak French fairly fluently as a second language. Very rare for a goober from the midwestern US. Now, after 23 years with the French company, my second language vocabulary and comprehension has dropped by 90%.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 04-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Down to the final bits with it, bogie. Last item is the so called spark plug terminal. One of those crummy curly spring type that push into the cable. Probably be fine if the PO hadn’t boogered up the boot. Hitting NAPA up today for a new crimp terminal and a boot while on my Ural wanders.
you could get a non resistor screw on cap and ditch the stupid wire piercing BS if you wanted....LOL or run a resistor cap even...LOL

Old 04-18-2020, 03:11 PM   #25

Wife bought me a sippy cup so I can sip red wine indoors. It looks like a stainless steel goblet with a sippy cup top.

Old 04-18-2020, 03:17 PM   #26

Not a damn thing really. I'm a system administrator so I can painfully work from home as is a bulk of our staff. Problem is they are working when the hell ever they feel like it and expect me to be there to hold their hand all hours of the day. So my work day has been 8 or 9 am until about midnight 7 days a week. About to implement account lockout an hour after business hours because I'm over it.

Can't legally ride motorcycles in Michigan because der fuhrer whitler ruled them unessential. But my insurance company can force me to keep liability coverage so that's cool. Weather still too cold to kayak, not allowed to boat so no fishing. Can't do any projects around the house because you can't buy supplies. I have put a hand full of rc planes back to working order, club president said just play dumb if any one hassles us at the field and to just maintain social distancing, so might go fly of the wind/weather cooperates.

3d printer has been running non stop printing ear savers for the staff at the hospital my wife works at. But they just furloughed a third of their staff so I don't think they will need any more. Guess I'll switch to printing faceshilds.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 04-18-2020, 07:54 PM   #27

Dang Duck9191, that sucks. Our gov said in his executive order that fishing was essential so I take my kayak out frequently. Tomorrow me and the boys are going for a ride without the lunch at some diner at the end. As long as we socially distance when we come up to red lights we should be good.

What are ear savers for, and why would you need them? Is there a big problem with people loosing ears in Michigan?

Old 04-18-2020, 08:01 PM   #28

We can kayak for now. But it's been in the 30's and raining or snowing with wind up to 50 mph on some days. Today hit 54, if the rain holds off might be able to get out for a bit. Water tems are still in the 40's so fish are sluggish.

They take the mask straps off the back of their ears. Wearing them for 12hrs a day will cause the strap to cut the skin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200405_212410.jpg (97.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 20200407_230407.jpg (89.3 KB, 46 views)
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 04-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #29

Good on you for helping others during this madness .Do the things you make on the printer hold up long term ,or are they kind of like dollar store plastic toys ?I can easily be talked into a printer like that if it’s possible to make good solid pieces .

Old 04-18-2020, 08:38 PM   #30

Man, duck, reading your first paragraph, I was gonna say welcome to my world. But after reading the rest of it, it looks like my world is less screwed up than yours.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800