Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #1

SVPRO Heated Socks

Why, oh why, haven’t I gotten these earlier? Bought these last month and finally remembered to try them on this mornings ride.

So, 15F outside temp and an average speed of 45 mph translates to a windchill of -9F according to the cyclefish.com MC Windchill Chart.(take it with a grain of salt) I wear Sorel Pak boots rated to -45F during the winter. Being Diabetic, my feet still get chilled while the rest of me is toasty.

Enter the SVPRO socks. Each sock has its own Li-On battery pack that’s just slightly larger than a AA battery. Each battery has its own built in temp controller, L/M/H and Off. The socks themselves are a very tight knit Merino wool that are mid calf length.

I tried them on Low for today’s ride and they kept my feet comfortably warm. In fact, I never thought about my feet being cold until the last few miles of my ride where the headwind was so strong I could barely make fifty. Then my feet started to chill a bit. I imagine if I’d stopped and turned the socks up a notch, that would have compensated.

Pros-Inexpensive (under $25@Amazon), well made, compact Li-On battery w/controller(remember the woolly heated socks from the last century that used a 9v battery. Temp control was Off and My Toes Are Burning until the battery died five minutes later), itch proof Merino wool. Charger does both batteries at the same time.

Cons-All I can really think of is that you must stop and hike up a pant leg to adjust temp or turn each controller On or Off.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 02-15-2020, 12:59 PM   #2

I've got heated glove liners that run off the bike battery, been wanting some socks too. Are these waterproof?
1991 Voyager XII

Old 02-15-2020, 06:42 PM   #3

I doubt they are water proof. I was also wrong about them being Merino wool. They are a spandex and something blend that sure feels like merino.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts