Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2017, 08:24 AM   #1

Shark 250

Bashan. I thought, what...the...f*@k...is...that?! In my opinion, after 6000 thousand miles in 5 months, it’s the smartest move I’ve made in a looooong time. I have never owned a motorcycle or ridden one, other than a small Honda 70 a couple of times. I’m a veteran Jeeper but got out of that a few years back. I wanted something with decent capabilities on road as well as off-road. With minor complaints(tires, headlight, mirrors, foot pegs, chain)this bike has taken me everywhere I’ve wanted to go. Tarmac, tar and chip, gravel, dirt and a little bit of mud and sand. Even have a couple of 14-16 inch deep water crossings under our belts. Name:  25B6A93C-53A4-49CE-94B9-902C1C996B4E.jpg
Views: 1967
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  6F759D85-A27E-4D81-9FCF-7002FCC8A928.jpg
Views: 1953
Size:  15.7 KB

Name:  9FB55C8E-38C8-4640-9D37-BE86AB12DE19.jpg
Views: 1914
Size:  19.7 KB

My back tire is pretty worn and my chain is sooo badly stretched that it’s tearing up the rear sprocket. I took it off along with the front and rear wheels the other day. All of the bearings are are still operating perfectly!
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1983
Size:  90.9 KB

This little motor, I think, is amazing. I plan on gearing it a bit higher with my new sprockets, but the motor is quite the little thumper. I added a NGK spark plug and wrapped the header and she purrs when it’s idling. Could possibly use a Makuni carb but I don’t think it’s needed for now.

Final thoughts...I have dropped this bike 30-40 times. Haven’t had any serious wrecks but it has hit HARD a handful of times. I’ve broken about 3” of the clutch lever, 1” off of the brake lever, the right mirror broke off at the base, lost a cover on the back right blinker, and all kinds of small dings and scratches everywhere on it! I definitely made the right choice purchasing “Jaws.” Because he eats up the terrain😁