Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2022, 12:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Powersportmax's Titan DLX looked like the old Orion RXB before they updated it in styling and engine. However, the Titan did not have adjustable suspension and a few other goodies the Orion had, but it was (still is) a bargain for its price, and the members who purchased it and posted about it seemed to like it. This bike seems to be a step up from the Titan, and I am sure it will be a quality bargain dirt bike that will serve you well (of course, taking the 'Chinese' into account as one has to do with most any sub-$2k Chinese bike).

I am guessing that with Powersportmax's connections, this bike is made by the same OEM as the Orion bikes (hence it looks like the RXB) but Powersportsmax did not spec it out with all the same bits as the Orion.
I’m willing to bet you nailed it. Just make sure the bet is small…….

Old 03-20-2022, 02:52 PM   #17

I'm also thinking for myself to take another for the team, I seen it and couldn't help become so hooked by that Zong true 250 and its supermoto potential style at that price, just what's the deal with the MCO? If it comes saying "dirt bike", does that stop it from being registered in any state (I'm in Louisiana btw) regardless of it being EPA approved?

Old 03-20-2022, 08:38 PM   #18

I have that same question in Tennessee. That's a concern for me.as well..

Seems like several companies are coming out with this configuration in Europe and US. I did notice in the bikes last photos of the box you can read X7-CB250F as a model #.. I need to see the casting #s on this engine...
I did get a email from powersportsmax stating my status has been updated to "order verified". Guess I will find out all these answers soon enough.

Old 03-21-2022, 10:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
If it comes saying "dirt bike", does that stop it from being registered in any state (I'm in Louisiana btw) regardless of it being EPA approved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
I have that same question in Tennessee. That's a concern for me.as well..
'Dirt Bike' on the MCO won't stop if from being registered in ANY state, BUT there are several states that the answer would be no. However, many dealers have been sending out MCOs that state 'Motorcycle' which seems to be a good loophole for other states, at least for now. The answer would lie in what the MCO states on it.

With me living in Arizona, I take if for granted that it would be registered here based on its street equipment as they do not look at what is on the MCO. That was the loophole with the RPS Hawk and Magician which are also EPA certified as 'Off-road Dirtbike' (that is what it states on Powersportsmax's website for the Templar and the Titan as far as what the bikes are certified as) but it seems like many states had started cracking down on the Hawk. I guess we shall see what is printed on the MCO.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-21-2022, 01:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
'Dirt Bike' on the MCO won't stop if from being registered in ANY state, BUT there are several states that the answer would be no. However, many dealers have been sending out MCOs that state 'Motorcycle' which seems to be a good loophole for other states, at least for now. The answer would lie in what the MCO states on it.

With me living in Arizona, I take if for granted that it would be registered here based on its street equipment as they do not look at what is on the MCO. That was the loophole with the RPS Hawk and Magician which are also EPA certified as 'Off-road Dirtbike' (that is what it states on Powersportsmax's website for the Templar and the Titan as far as what the bikes are certified as) but it seems like many states had started cracking down on the Hawk. I guess we shall see what is printed on the MCO.
Yep, that’s what I’m waiting to see, along with who produced this thing. I got 5 bucks on Nicot. Any takers???

Old 03-22-2022, 02:34 PM   #21

You guys got me thinking about getting one.....
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 03-22-2022, 07:33 PM   #22

Quote:
I'm glad you posted the question about this bike. Will be fun to see exactly what I've really bought. Its curiosity only that I purchased the bike. How is it possible to have a spec sheet as lengthy for under 2k... Will post plenty of pics and information...
Thinking more seriously about this, but the website for this particular bike doesn't specify anything about shipping.
What did Powersportsmax charge you for shipping?
Did you pay 1700 or 1632 (plus shipping)?

Old 03-22-2022, 08:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Thinking more seriously about this, but the website for this particular bike doesn't specify anything about shipping.
On the XPro site, this sucker is listed at 2059. If you have an interest in this ride, I'd jump soon. Gut feeling says it's gonna go up quick......

Old 03-22-2022, 11:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
It is in the fine print--it is $299 for shipping so about $2K exactly shipped to your home.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-23-2022, 07:36 AM   #25

Some updates. For the MSO this is the response I received.

"The certificate of origin defines it as dirt bike but it has same specs as on road vehcles.
We provide paperwork for you to get registration but we dont guarantee it can be registered as road legal. You need to check with your local DMV."

Found out that the Bike is Manufactured by Zuumav Wuyi. "Zuumav CB250" being sent to several companies such as Powersportsmax...

Seems like there is alot of praise for this engine "zs172fmm-3a" in UK, Russiac Etc. Positive being torque, power and reliability. Negative being Vibration and maxed out displacement for upgrading HP. Some did mention timing chain stretch on 7 to 10k bikes but not on the Zongshen engine another manufacturer...

Old 03-23-2022, 08:55 AM   #26

Quote:
Some updates. For the MSO this is the response I received.

"The certificate of origin defines it as dirt bike but it has same specs as on road vehcles.
We provide paperwork for you to get registration but we dont guarantee it can be registered as road legal. You need to check with your local DMV."

Found out that the Bike is Manufactured by Zuumav Wuyi. "Zuumav CB250" being sent to several companies such as Powersportsmax...

Seems like there is alot of praise for this engine "zs172fmm-3a" in UK, Russiac Etc. Positive being torque, power and reliability. Negative being Vibration and maxed out displacement for upgrading HP. Some did mention timing chain stretch on 7 to 10k bikes but not on the Zongshen engine another manufacturer...
Looks like I owe someone on here 5 bucks

Old 03-23-2022, 07:00 PM   #27

This Templar 250 looks like fun. It has a nice long list of better components. But I am going to stick with my Storm for now, and help my son learn to ride and grow into his new TBR7. Depending on how things go (financially), I am still focusing on the GPX TSE 250R. More than twice as much money, but I still want a two stroke enduro.

My first bike was more like my Storm as a heavy 15hp entry level dirtbike (practically "state of the art" at the time-a Suzuki TS250 2 stroke). I do miss that engine. This modern GPX makes nearly 40hp, has MUCH stiffer and lighter frame, better and adjustable suspension, way better handlebar controls, way better foot controls/pegs, electric start, and GPX is developing a good reputation.

I will bypass the injection system and mix, for rock solid dependable engine lubrication.

Old 03-24-2022, 04:30 PM   #28

Looks like we have another source:

https://www.amazon.com/X-PRO-Templar...s%2C105&sr=8-3

Old 03-24-2022, 04:56 PM   #29

Quote:
I'm also thinking for myself to take another for the team, I seen it and couldn't help become so hooked by that Zong true 250 and its supermoto potential style at that price, just what's the deal with the MCO? If it comes saying "dirt bike", does that stop it from being registered in any state (I'm in Louisiana btw) regardless of it being EPA approved?
Your MCO will need to state Motorcycle. You should be able to request that from the dealer. You can register a dirtbike as street legal in Louisiana but will be a big pain in the rear jumping through all the hoops. Best place to go for registration and tags is one of the Notary/Tag shops. They will go out there way to make sure it gets done. There in business to make money. I've register three Chinese bikes at my local Notary/Tag shops and couldn't of taken more than 15-20 minutes. Avoid the DMV. They will be clueless on what to do and will put no effort in looking anything up.
BTW, what part of Louisiana are you from?
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-24-2022, 06:50 PM   #30

Quote:
That’s great! Someone will have your back during the entire process….. Amazon makes sure their customers are taken care of. At least, it’s always been that way for me