Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2010, 12:23 AM   #1

"Hey" from Sacramento!

Hi all. 2LZ here.
Like most....been snoopin' around the site for a while but just now thought I'd register say hello. I'm 51 and have been a motorized two wheeler since I was 9. I'm on bike #42 now. It's an illness.

My China bike history:

Part 1- My 74 year old father-in-law bought a little Hensim ranch-type 110 quad from a dealer here in Sac about 3 or so years ago. Works to haul his tools around his 3 acres with a cart. No problems after I got it dialed in for him.

Part 2- The Mrs and I have a pop-up tent trailer we like to take out (around our big bike camping. We're also Victory riders) and I thought, "Ya know...we need a couple little trail bikes to do some fire roads here in the Sierra's with our trailer!"
I went to Kawasaki and Suzuki....and went into shock. 3000.00+ for a 3/4 sized little trail bike! I need two! (She rides her own) I'm looking at 7 or 8000.00 after Cal tax, helmets, etc.......for bikes I'll be using 6 times a year, max?? I couldn't cost justify it.....then I remembered about my father-in-laws little quad. I got the address and went over to see the Chinese bike dealer.
Wow....what a great experience. I got 2 Hensim 150DBs, helmets, schmise and whatever else for 2500.00 and change out the door. We were camping! THAT I could cost justify! Of course...I had to go over them and do all the normal fixes to get them running right but worth every penny. Man...they come lean.

Last week I sold my Hensim to a friend for his 14 year old son who grew out of his pit bike. As much as it ran perfectly, I loved the thing and it never let me down, it was to small for more than a few hours on the trail. I'm 6'1" and 220. So....last week I picked up a "Something-er-other Lifanoid 200 GY5? 2?, who knows?", from the same dealer. They just got Green Stickered legal here last Novenber. Not streetable though.
Not sure who really makes the thing but it's far bigger and it's going to work just fine after all the normal "Take it home and go through" fixes. So..... 3 Chinese bikes now to add to the list in just 18 months.... It is an illness.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 AM   #2

Welcome. Glad you found us!

Old 03-09-2010, 02:26 AM   #3

Welcome! Here's to bike #43.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-09-2010, 06:59 AM   #4

Welcome, good to have you here

Old 03-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #5

Welcome; we are glad to have you join us! My friend Andy is also considering buying a pair of the Hensim, 150DB dirt bikes. I have read several good reports concerning this motorcycle. I assume your wife still has her Hensim 150DB? Please tell us more about your experience with this bike. Also, if you get the time, please post some photographs of your new, 200cc, dual sport motorcycle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #6

Welcome.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Welcome; we are glad to have you join us! My friend Andy is also considering buying a pair of the Hensim, 150DB dirt bikes. I have read several good reports concerning this motorcycle. I assume your wife still has her Hensim 150DB? Please tell us more about your experience with this bike. Also, if you get the time, please post some photographs of your new, 200cc, dual sport motorcycle.

Spud
Thanks for the welcomes!....and I'll keep it 'proper', I'll post the Hensim experiences in the dirt bike forum. Thanks for asking!

Old 03-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #8

Welcome,
as you noticed, a lot of good folks and info here

Old 03-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to panamarandy
welcome...........