Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2024, 02:00 PM   #1

Cable choke conversion for Nibbi carburetor

Among my several projects is converting the operation of the cold enrichment circuit on my Nibbi carb from the detent style knob to cable operation. While having the pilot air screw on the right side of the carburetor is great, I found the placement of the enrichment knob on the left side of the carburetor inconvenient to operate, especially with a gloved hand.

After having measured the dimensions of the Nibbi enrichment plunger, I ordered up a cable actuated enrichment plunger kit on temu under the description of, "Upgrade Carburetor Performance Motorcycle Keihin KOSO Carburetor Wire Pull Damper Switch For PWK28 30 32 34 PE30 PE28 Carburetor". I'm happy to report that it fits perfectly. Edit: While it seemed to fit perfectly, it doesn't. Stay tuned for an update once I get it sorted. That said, the original choke cable from my TT250 won't work with this set up in its original configuration. It may be possible to make the original cable work, but in my opinion it would be more trouble than it's worth. Instead, I bought a Venhill throttle cable kit from Amazon that will work nicely for this installation.

Here are a few pictures to show the parts in the kit as compared to the original plunger and the part number of the cable kit. I'll post up the finished version of everything when I get it all wrapped up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	31009   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	31010   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	31011  
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.

Last edited by superjocko; 03-17-2024 at 06:53 PM. Reason: New information