Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2023, 05:18 PM   #1

Question Magician 250 / Hawk 250 burnt Stator harness

I was having a no spark issue with my Magician 250 and I went through with a multi meter and everything was testing great which left me with the stator. I pulled the wires for the stator and noticed the harness wasn't seated all the way and wasn't 100% latched. When I unplugged the harness, I noticed that there was burnt plastic covering one of the 4 prongs. Hopefully the picture I attached works so you can see it but what exactly does this mean for me? Does this mean I now have a much larger problem on my hands or do I just need a new harness or just replace the stator?

I am not too worried about costs. I just want it done right. I used a razer blade and cleaned up the prong so there is no more burnt plastic that I can see. I am not sure if that is enough of a fix or not..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230329_203251418.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	865.6 KB
ID:	28929  

Old 03-29-2023, 06:28 PM   #2

You could try and pull the pins and clean up the pin contact surfaces. With the amount of arcing it took to melt the plastic, the contact surfaces are probably a bit borked with carbon and oxidation.

You can possibly find that style of connector and simply de-pin the current one and re-pin the new one.

Alternative option, just change connector styles. I have been changing my connectors on my Hawk over to weatherpack style connectors for a more waterproof and secure connection. Pretty much got them all at this point aside from the turn signals, which have to have the bullet connectors to be installed and removed.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 09-05-2023, 04:35 PM   #3

I have a 250 RPS magician 167 fmm stamped on the block. Carbureted, I purchased it knowing it needed work stator was missing that's what I'm on right now I purchased one but the colors of the wires are different than the factory harness.
Stator to harness
Blue/white
Yellow
Pink
Red/blk
Green/white

Harness to stator
2 solid yellows
Blue/white
Solid green.
Obviously the blue and white go together I would assume but I'm getting no spark. I got two double check all my saf ety sensors. But it does have a strong rollover.

The picture of your connector you have on here if I had the wire color position of those I believe I would be golden. Any help I do appreciate you guys thank you

Tags
burn, hawk 250, magician 250, stator, wiring harness