Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2022, 09:15 AM   #1

Hawk 250 DLX EFI Exhaust Upgrade

So I've done most of the standard upgrades to my new 2021 Hawk 250 DLX EFI. I've done the sprocket changes, new tires and tubes, upgraded spark plug and wire, etc. I have been looking for exhaust upgrades and was wondering if anyone has found a bolt on, "catless" kit for the EFI 250 DLX. It appears to me that the exhaust on the older carbuerated ones that the exhaust is the old school spring held style while on the newer EFI ones, it is a flange and clamp style. Or if anyone has done the cat/baffle removal in the pipe itself, has it made a significant difference and how did you go about it. Any recommendations are welcome

Old 07-21-2022, 03:45 PM   #2

The carbed Hawks stock system are a flange and clamp style too. The cheap aftermarket systems most of us run do have a spring on the muffler though.

As far as bolt on... not really. There is one company that sells the same cheap aftermarket system we run on the Hawks that has the right head flange pattern so no cutting or drilling is required, but it still tends to have the same airbox clearance issue. Last I checked though, they are sold out and have been for a little while.

Your options are to modify a CRF230F system, or de-cat the stock system. As far as I know, the cat on the DLX is not in the head pipe, but in the entrance of the muffler. You would want to confirm that first, but I do believe that to be the case. If so, you could simply install a universal aftermarket muffler on the stock system.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-21-2022, 04:03 PM   #3

That is correct, the cat portion is in the tail pipe half of the exhaust right before the muffler. Which is one of the reasons I was wondering if anyone has done it with the EFI version and if it caused any issues with the EFI system with less back pressure. I guess all we can do is try gutting the cat on an EFI model and see what happens.

Old 07-23-2022, 04:39 PM   #4

People have cut the Cat from the DLX successfully. I am thinking about doing to same to mine.

For some reason people really hate the DLX on the CHinariders forum. I don't really get it - maybe they are annoyed that it needs to be fixed and the answers are not as simple as cleaning the jets. People on here speak of the DLX the way other folks talk about china bikes in general.

You will have much better luck going to the hawk forum on Facebook. Some folks are reprogramming the Delphi system, doing all sorts of stuff to the bike on there.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hawk250/

Old 07-23-2022, 10:42 PM   #5

No way, carburetor so easy to fix. DLX not so easy to fix,just my thought. Keeping it simple, love my TBR7 ! 2800 miles all good so far.

Tags
efi, exhaust, hawk 250