Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2019, 10:58 AM   #1

Pathfinder LED

Any thoughts from anyone who has used this LED? I've been searching the forum and can't seem to find any information about it. Thanks.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #2

I can't remember whether I posted about it here or not. But this is my post from another moto forum about it:

Posted October 23, 2018
My adventure bike came with what seems like a good headlight assembly, but an H1S bulb. WTF! (An H1S is basically an H4 with only 35 watts.) Some people have reported heat issues with a high-watt H4, and even a standard 55/60 bulb gets the housing hot, by many user reports. Being in AZ, heat is a concern. And so is visibility since I may be facing 50 miles of no street lighting and no moon, even on the road.

The bike importer sells a Pathfinder H4NF LED replacement that is a drop-in fit. Everyone who has tried it likes it, but they overprice it by $20 or more. So I turned to eBay, and found something that looks identical for about $17, but isn't the same brand. Well, the actual product wasn't like the picture, and was ridiculously bad. Lesson learned.

I went back to eBay and found a seller of the real brand for $52 shipped. That's made a huge improvement, and I'd recommend it. The beam is wide and flat. The only small issue is that the high beam is pretty high, more than I'd like. But it's an improvement overall, and I'm going to do like most people do and mount square LED driving lamps to the crash bars. The bike already has two built-in accessory connections on a handlebar switch.

Since the LED has a heatsink on the back, I drilled a few holes in the headlight housing, as everyone recommends. Even if a bit of rain were to find its way back there, it would be small drips and wouldn't be able to hit the wiring or anything else important.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:21 PM   #3

I have tried the LED. Focus your auxiliary lights just high enough to fill in the gap between low and high with the LED headlights. AWESOME! for the price, and without trashing to plastic and headlight.

If memory serves, this light only makes about 2000 lumens on low beam, 3000 on high. A little shopping and you can probably double that. I'm looking that way now Rather than going back to LED 4x6 rectangulars that look funky.