Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2023, 07:57 AM   #1

New member from down Under

Hi, I Australasian, first generation mixed parentage. I have lived a full life but lost about fifteen years due to PTSD. I served 30 years in the combat related services (Infantry & Intel Recon). I have seen active service in Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan as well as several National Emergencies during my career.

I first started riding motorbikes when I was nine years old, and I have never stopped, that is now 55yrs of two wheeled joy. I have raced almost every type you can think of, but not ice racing...LoL, Australia just isn't the place for that! I reckon I have just about ridden all types of engine configuration as well,although I have not gotten try these 270' crank twins. They really sound great! Oh, I have never owned nor am I interested in even trying, owning or buying a Harley Davidson, except for the XR750 of flat track fame.

So, you may wonder, with all this bike history...Why did I buy a Chinese bike? Well, I have two. My first was a CFMOTO 300NK and the latest is a Kinlon KBR200RT. I had surgery to replace my left knee from a bad combat insertion from a helo' both ankle and knee were broken and fractured and in the usual way of fix it fast, it wasn't the best, eventually requiring a full replacement. I down sized my 1600 Nomad to a GV650 Hyosung. The idea was weight reduction, but the riding position, while comfortable was hazardous to my new knee and bad ankle, whenever I came to a stop. My leg was subjected to a sharp impact due to the riding position.

The 300NK was more upright and my feet literally just dropped to the road as I came to a stop. It was also much better on the back , I was able to ride for a couple of hours at a time now instead of the usual 45min.

Then this week I came across something called a Kinlon KBR200RT. It was a 2012 model, complete, registered and running for $800. I liked the look of it and thought of a few things I could do with it. I need to have something to focus on, to help stave off the PTSD. So, I tend to get old or part bikes and re engineer them for kids or whatever.

This one is for me, I want a super Motard style play bike. Up close you can see it is rough, but that just presents a challenge. I think they used house paint on it. It runs, sometimes coughs and farts, but the fuel is old, the spark plug looks rusty as do all earth points. A whole new Carby is only $29 AUD and stuff like coil packs are cheap as well. Overall it has held up very well for an eleven year old dirt bike. I am more than impressed.

After I was discharged from the Army 2010, I went and lived in China for almost three years 2013-2015. I rode two different bikes while I was there, both RT style and they just never stopped. I swear I was riding on goat tracks sometimes, rural teaching was great, but I am glad my guide to the schools was light...It was like she had no effect on the bike at all.

So, I hope through here and another forum to find the help and support finding that special part, when i need it...or at least get pointed in the right direction.

Glad to be here, and I will certainly be glad to be back in China in November this year.

Old 08-08-2023, 08:22 AM   #2

Welcome aboard.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 08-08-2023, 08:32 AM   #3

Welcome! glad you have a focus for your PTSD. Have a couple friends who struggle with that stuff too. I too have a weak spot for resurrecting old bikes. I have a couple projects almost done and a little tao ATV waiting in the wings. I haven't introduced the guys here to that one yet.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 08-08-2023, 09:45 AM   #4

Welcome aboard!
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 08-08-2023, 10:41 AM   #5

Welcome! Wow.. you have had an interesting life. And that is a good thing!

Old 08-08-2023, 11:02 AM   #6

This....Is....SPARTAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

Welcome!

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 08-13-2023, 07:25 AM   #7

Well, Daft ol me, I went and lost the link to the site. Then Win10 does another update as well as Firefox....
It took me a day to get back into the damn computer, seriously, what do they think of when they make these updates...

"I wonder how we can screw with those old people this time, or lets make it so they have to try and start in SAFE MODE, that will be fun!" Plicks....

So I found it and all is good, thank you for the welcome guys. Next come the questions LoL