Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2021, 02:02 PM   #1

Help with Va. DMV needed.

Tryed to title and tag my new Raven Wednesday and the clerk told me that I needed a Texas title as I purchased it from Txpowersports. She got it in her head that Oscar Hernandez was an individual not the dealership rep. I emailed Txpowersports and requested a letter stating that Mr. Hernandez was their rep. They called back and emailed a letter which I haven't opened as I Don't have printer.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

Old 10-16-2021, 03:37 PM   #2

Go to another DMV with MCO in hand and purchase receipt paperwork

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 04-08-2022, 03:55 PM   #3

Finally good news.

6 months later I finally got my ass in gear and got down to the DMV and got all the paperwork done .Walked out with VA.title and tag for my Raven! Miracles do happen!

Old 09-14-2022, 09:57 PM   #4

Starting the process

I am in Va. also and have an mco and bill of sale for a brand new Lifan kpx 250 from venom. I need to start the process but can’t seem to figure out what I need to do and when.

I know I need to title it with the mco and bill of sale. Do I do that first at the dmv. Leave go get the bike safety inspected at an inspection point so I can register it and get plates on a second trip to the dmv?

The dmv site makes me think I need an inspection sticker to do the registration portion. I just don’t want to do more dmv trips then I have to.

I am taking the va rider course to skip the tests and get my endorsement with the completion certificate. Hell if I could do everything all in one trip that would be fantastic but I don’t have high hopes for that.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-15-2022, 06:58 AM   #5

You can get the bike inspected either before or after registration. It doesn't matter. If you go before all they need to know is the make, model and Vin. Likewise you can register the bike without it being inspected . You need bill of sale, mco, your drivers license and it greatly helps if the make and model is already in the DMV database if someone registered one before you, otherwise they just need to scan a copy to Richmond and you wait a little longer

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 09-15-2022, 12:09 PM   #6

Thanks

That helps. I am headed there today so we shall see if anyone has registered one before in VA. I think I was seeing the emissions testing for certain cities then it got stuck in my head that I needed it.

Here's to hoping the person at the counter hasn't had a horrible day so far.