Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2016, 06:12 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Ya lots of support for the Hawk here. No DOT approval. Wont work in Colorado.
Oh. I didn't know that no one had successfully registered one in Colorado. I think you can go on the internet and register it in South Dakota. Using your Colorado address. Then, once you have a South Dakota title, you can re-register it in Colorado, when you get around to it.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Oh. I didn't know that no one had successfully registered one in Colorado. I think you can go on the internet and register it in South Dakota. Using your Colorado address. Then, once you have a South Dakota title, you can re-register it in Colorado, when you get around to it.
Ya Ive read that works. Ill opt for a DOT approved for now.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:27 PM   #63
Banned

Thanks for the info guys. I was going to buy a Hawk, now I'm going to get a storm. No hassles at the DMV, worth every penny. The USD forks certainly don't bother me either.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #64

I'm under the impression that the Storm and the Brozz are the same thing. They both have the label BS250GY-18 on the swing arm. The Brozz has the letter "C" after the 18. They sure look the same to me just different graphics. Hard to tell from the pics.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
I'm under the impression that the Storm and the Brozz are the same thing. They both have the label BS250GY-18 on the swing arm. The Brozz has the letter "C" after the 18. They sure look the same to me just different graphics. Hard to tell from the pics.
The Brozz has a rear drum brake.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:32 PM   #66

I am STILL trying to figure out how many teeth the rear sprocket on the Brozz comes with stock, LOL. It took me weeks, but someone counted the teeth on the Magician for me (45 btw), but the couple guys with the Brozz have not gotten back to me, LOL

What is the stock rear sprocket on the Storm?

Oh, and not all Bashan bikes are distributed by the same distributor, from what I understand. Jass Motorsports, aka Kandi, distribute the Shark and the Brozz, and I still haven't found the distributor for the rest of the Bashan lineup.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-05-2016, 12:09 AM   #67

You are correct about the rear brake i forgot about that. I don't understand why you would prefer the Brozz over the Storm? At this time the Brozz sellers want about $200 more. I'm just pointing out that this is the best deal I've seen for a non Hawk bike. Merlin,are you making any progress with "Superior Power Sports"? Best of luck to you.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:19 AM   #68

Quote:
You are correct about the rear brake i forgot about that. I don't understand why you would prefer the Brozz over the Storm?
I just like it better, for no good reason, and after having mixed luck with Chinese enduros rear discs, I think having a drum brake would be a breath of fresh air, ironically.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-05-2016, 12:57 AM   #69

Quote:
You are correct about the rear brake i forgot about that. I don't understand why you would prefer the Brozz over the Storm? At this time the Brozz sellers want about $200 more. I'm just pointing out that this is the best deal I've seen for a non Hawk bike. Merlin,are you making any progress with "Superior Power Sports"? Best of luck to you.
0 luck with them or the bike.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:38 AM   #70

NM Retired, did you order a storm yet?

Old 10-05-2016, 11:24 AM   #71

No i'm not going to order a Storm. While waiting for these to show up i picked up a 2010 Yamaha xt250 for cheap. The guy dumped it and decided to stop riding. It needed a new front fender,turn signal stalk,mirror. and has a few small rub marks. It took me about a week and $75 to fix it up, new oil and air filters and a good clean up. Now it looks like new and has only 1200 miles and works perfect. It's a great bike and i have put 500 miles on it and having lots of fun. I'm still interested in getting a china bike like the Magician but there's so little info on it I'm going to wait. One thing for sure i'm not buying anything from Superior Power Sports after the way they treated Merlin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0006.jpg (90.6 KB, 139 views)

Old 10-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #72

Nice ride!

Old 10-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #73

You got a smokin' deal. One of the reasons I went with CB's is because on CL, people usually want a ton of $$$ for 10 year old junk. Nice find!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 10-05-2016, 03:13 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
You got a smokin' deal. One of the reasons I went with CB's is because on CL, people usually want a ton of $$$ for 10 year old junk. Nice find!
It all depends on geographic location. Some people here on Chinariders couldn't understand that not everyone has 2 year old CRF250L's for $1200 on their local Craigslists (I am exaggerating, but it seemed like some of our members from eastern Washington state, and the parts of the US around there had access to endless low-cost desirable bikes available to them, LOL).

Plus, many of those bikes could be hit or miss. I watch some of BakerXDerek's videos, and recently he bought a newer model DR200 whose engine grenaded on him while he was on the freeway (not on video, but he explained what happened).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-05-2016, 07:37 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Exactly. There's a 2004 XT225 in my area on CL right now for $2200. No thanks.