Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2016, 10:07 PM   #31

I see that Superior Power Sports changed their web-site today concerning the Roketa DB-08-250 from "coming soon" to "in stock now" With shipping they about $150 more than Super Scooter Store. Most likely SSS should be getting them soon also. I have a decision to make.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:12 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM RETIRED GUY View Post
I see that Superior Power Sports changed their web-site today concerning the Roketa DB-08-250 from "coming soon" to "in stock now" With shipping they about $150 more than Super Scooter Store. Most likely SSS should be getting them soon also. I have a decision to make.
Nice!

Old 09-16-2016, 06:30 PM   #33

Bashan Storm Possibility

After some additional research and reading on this great forum, I am seriously considering ordering a 250 Storm. I like the idea of a balanced engine and the inverted forks. The bike looks great, as well. I know they are hard to get. Hopefully, i can find a dealer that can confirm that the warehouse has them in stock. Would love to get the version that has the 21/18 tire setup. Anyone have an input on a Storm versus a Hawk? .....such as ride quality, vibration, reliability, parts availability, power, speed.

Old 09-16-2016, 06:55 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lprewitt View Post
After some additional research and reading on this great forum, I am seriously considering ordering a 250 Storm. I like the idea of a balanced engine and the inverted forks. The bike looks great, as well. I know they are hard to get. Hopefully, i can find a dealer that can confirm that the warehouse has them in stock. Would love to get the version that has the 21/18 tire setup. Anyone have an input on a Storm versus a Hawk? .....such as ride quality, vibration, reliability, parts availability, power, speed.
From what I've researched, the storm is more suitable for the road than the hawk. Better gearing for more speed and more road friendly tires. Been waiting on Super Scooter store to get them in stock because I like the looks of them more than the magician. Plus $1400 shipped from Super Scooter store. CSC has a sale tomorrow and they are great bikes. $2350 shipped but only have the white and and one black bike in stock.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:30 PM   #35

Thanks, motorcyclelove, that's what I have heard and why I'm leaning toward the Storm. Well, I just got my name on a list for a Storm at a local dealer here in Missouri. The price is a little high ($1895) but the bike is fully assembled and tested....and the dealer has a very good reputation for service and support. The CSC TT250 is very tempting but would like the copper colored one (and would like silver rims rather than black). I was told that the copper would not be in stock until their 2017 models arrived. So, I will wait for the Storm to ship to my local dealer. The dealer has already paid for them and told me he expects them within 2 weeks. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:33 PM   #36

If they say two expect 6. Just be patient and post some pics when you get it.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:27 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lprewitt View Post
Thanks, motorcyclelove, that's what I have heard and why I'm leaning toward the Storm. Well, I just got my name on a list for a Storm at a local dealer here in Missouri. The price is a little high ($1895) but the bike is fully assembled and tested....
Wow! I guess seeing all the ads from the discount online vendors makes me think this is a high price, but when you think of it--Under $2000 for a new bike from a brick and mortar dealer is a deal. I know that one of our members, 'Evelyn' bought one fully assembled from a dealer in Utah for slightly less than that. It was a 2015 model, and when she posted that, I thought that that was too high (again, because I am used to the online mail order dealer pricing). But it made sense in that she was a tourist from Israel, who wanted a bike to get her from Utah to New York where she was going to fly back home. I think she was trying to figure out if she could sell the Storm in Israel as a business, so she had some ulterior motives, but it worked out for her. She rode it from Utah to Brooklyn, New York, and I don't recall her having issues on the way.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-16-2016, 11:58 PM   #38

I like the lower seat height of 29 inches and that you can get it fully assembled from Superior Powersports. $1,739 fully assembled to my door including shipping.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...rk250db-08.htm

2016 CSC TT250

Old 09-17-2016, 08:11 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
I like the lower seat height of 29 inches and that you can get it fully assembled from Superior Powersports. $1,739 fully assembled to my door including shipping.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/2...rk250db-08.htm
Yeah but what exactly "assembled" means to them is questionable. I'm sure you will still need to go over everything with a fine tooth comb and use loctite. If I'm going to have to do that I'll save the $200 and put it together myself.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:53 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclelove View Post
Yeah but what exactly "assembled" means to them is questionable. I'm sure you will still need to go over everything with a fine tooth comb and use loctite. If I'm going to have to do that I'll save the $200 and put it together myself.
To each his own, but tightening a few nuts and bolts is a heck of a lot easier for me than assembling major components. I'd rather receive a bike that's been assembled and test ridden than receive something like this with no instructions on how to assemble it properly:

I have little mechanical experience and I'm learning as I go, so I'd much rather pay $200 than eff something up and end up crashing at 55mph and in the hospital or dead. My wife and son would not appreciate it. I'm fine with paying an extra $200 to prevent that. Call it insurance. If you don't feel the same, that's cool.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 09-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #41

Quote:
To each his own, but tightening a few nuts and bolts is a heck of a lot easier for me than assembling major components. I'd rather receive a bike that's been assembled and test ridden than receive something like this with no instructions on how to assemble it properly:

I have little mechanical experience and I'm learning as I go, so I'd much rather pay $200 than eff something up and end up crashing at 55mph and in the hospital or dead. My wife and son would not appreciate it. I'm fine with paying an extra $200 to prevent that. Call it insurance. If you don't feel the same, that's cool.
I hear ya. Seeing it like that is scary and I'm no mechanic either but from what I've researched on here and on you tube it's not that big of a deal. Just take your time and try not to get frustrated but I don't blame you. It will probably take me 8 or so hours to assemble and may be worth paying $200 for somebody else to do it.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:45 PM   #42

Quote:

It actually is pre-assembled at the factory, then didassembled just enough to package it to fit, with a bunch more, in a 40 ft. shipping container. All you do is put the pieces they took off in order to ship it back on.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:47 PM   #43

My friend, thanks to me pointing out the Brozz and the Shark being available from Kandi USA, and my friend's distributorship being about a mile and half, made his way over to Kandi the other day to see them in person. He said that an online retailer (I am not naming names) is leasing half the warehouse. They have a small crew of 'assembly' people building bikes for those paying $200. He said they did not seem like professional mechanics.

You and I are pretty much just as capable of putting these bikes together as the 'professional assemblers' are, although in their defense, they will have extra experience by the law of numbers of bikes needing assembly.

I have put a few bikes together, including one I commuted on at over 60 mph (my TMEC 200), and I am no mechanic by any means. The one thing about my TMEC was that the rear was already assembled, tightened down, at its most forward position, so I didn't have to theoretically mess with that until a couple months later when the chain would stretch. However, I did exchange the stock sprocket with a 48 tooth one about a week after I got her running.

For me, the only thing of any concern at commuting speeds was putting on the front tire, which was a non-issue.

Now, the Bashans (Storm, Brozz, Shark) or the RPS bikes (Hawk, Magician) might involve the rear wheel needing to be attached, but that should not be any concern, IMO. And, again, I am no mechanic by any means, and I don't think of the assemblers as being on par with a brick and mortar name brand store's mechanics. Then again, for $200, it would save me lots of cursing and skinned knuckles, not to mention the swarms of flies that keep landing on me in the 105+ F to drink my sweat...

Just remember, these are Chinese bikes, so no matter who assembles them, you will need to check over everything daily (chain tension, brakes, lights) and weekly (engine mount bolts--those are notorious for loosening up, exhaust bolts).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-18-2016, 05:05 PM   #44

Culcune...

And in a couple of weeks, the Temps won't be an issue for a large part of the studio audience
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-18-2016, 06:28 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Culcune...

And in a couple of weeks, the Temps won't be an issue for a large part of the studio audience
For real I'm in Savannah, Ga and we are finally out of the 90's. Getting to the good season down here.