Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2014, 09:58 PM   #76

Is this the link?

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...hen-RX3-report

I remember a couple guys bought some of the early production models in China. This guy (in the above thread) had some bad luck somewhere, but I honestly didn't read the whole thing to see if he did something or it was the bike's fault.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #77

that is also an interesting read, yes, but the one i remembered is #53 on page 4 of this very forum thread, the user is SaharaStorms, here s the link:
http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....2&postcount=53

Old 09-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
well californiascooter is taking orders for the new zong at a special one time ,,,price $2895 at that price man i want one,,,,But no one know if they are any good ,,,,I got burnt bad on the pitster pro 400......I must admit im in love with the orange and black one..I have my harley on craigslist. If it sells ,i will probably do it an be a guinea pig.
Atta boy, Fish! That PP400 was an awful experience, but I trust Zong to make a better product. As well, Zong parts are cheap on Taobao.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingshoen View Post
that is also an interesting read, yes, but the one i remembered is #53 on page 4 of this very forum thread, the user is SaharaStorms, here s the link:
http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....2&postcount=53
Forgot about him! I haven't been paying attention to this bike since it wasn't coming to the US, but now that is about to (supposed to) come this way, I will have to pay more attention to it. Would I buy one? If I had money to play around with, then yes (not like it's a big investment), but I might be tempted away with the SSR XF250 based on its already proven engine. Dealing with liquid cooling and fuel injection might prove futile coming from a Chinese bike. Who knows? It might prove to be the perfect bargain adventure tourer, and, like the SSR, may be a good bike for me to cross the border and take a weekend in Mexico with?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-09-2014, 05:32 AM   #80

Zong rx3

I got on the list. For the first. Container. Blowout pricing. Since I won't see the bike till January. I'm going to pound out a bunch of overtime till then. An of course. I ordered orange Hope. This is not another pitster pro episode

Old 09-09-2014, 06:18 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
I got on the list. For the first. Container. Blowout pricing. Since I won't see the bike till January. I'm going to pound out a bunch of overtime till then. An of course. I ordered orange Hope. This is not another pitster pro episode
Good for you, Fish.

There are at least two threads posted on ADVRider concerning the introduction of the RX3 to the United States.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000180

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1007879

Here are links to several articles concerning the introduction of the RX3 to the United States.

http://www.adventuremotorcycle.com/s...e#.VA64K_ldUrW

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/ch...ing-to-the-us/

Here is a link to the California Scooter Company (CSC) Blog concerning the Zongshen RX3.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaStorms View Post
As much as I'd like to see it in the U.S. (If/When) I returned there is maybe even a bigger problem to deal with in selling this bike. No matter how fantastic the bike may be and even if it beat all the statistics and competition, it's biggest barrier is the average biker mentality. Who the heck wants a 250 when they could have a 600? Sure the 250s perks as in fuel efficiency, repairs etc vs a 600 and above make it a great bike. Sure you could do the same thing, pack your luggage and go on the same trips - but sadly most other forums I've been to have motor power at the top of the list. The "bigger is better" mentality would make most bike enthusiasts laugh at the RX3 and call it a beginner bike.
Hey I'm a newbie here and just wanted to weigh in. I went ahead and got on the list here in the US for the RX3. I have toured quite a lot in the US, Canada and Africa. I'm currently planning a ride through the Americas through South America. Overlanding in Africa I learned that faster bigger isn't better. I rarely exceeded 100 kph and found 500 lbs of bike a bit much. My priorities now are dependability,range and comfort, I hope the RX3 will deliver on theses points. The only down side I see in the specs are the wheels. Going to have to set it up with 17" rear and 19" front.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:59 AM   #83

How much is the shipping going to be?

Old 09-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
Hey I'm a newbie here and just wanted to weigh in. I went ahead and got on the list here in the US for the RX3. I have toured quite a lot in the US, Canada and Africa. I'm currently planning a ride through the Americas through South America. Overlanding in Africa I learned that faster bigger isn't better. I rarely exceeded 100 kph and found 500 lbs of bike a bit much. My priorities now are dependability,range and comfort, I hope the RX3 will deliver on theses points. The only down side I see in the specs are the wheels. Going to have to set it up with 17" rear and 19" front.
Welcome!

You sound like a "Long Way Round" rider, which is something I'd love to do. Please feel free to start a new thread about your pending bike, including any research you've done on it, along with any other impressions.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #85

Welcome, Wolftrax; we are glad you joined us. X2 on everything Weld said to you.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Last edited by SpudRider; 09-11-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmprestine View Post
I think the only way to know is to contact CSC, and ask them for a shipping quote to your location.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 09-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #87

Dang I'm on that list now

Old 09-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmprestine View Post
Sorry I can't help you,I'm going to do a fly and ride. Delivery is tentatively set for January. Give em a call 800 884 4173

Old 09-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Welcome!

You sound like a "Long Way Round" rider, which is something I'd love to do. Please feel free to start a new thread about your pending bike, including any research you've done on it, along with any other impressions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Welcome, Woftrax; we are glad you joined us. X2 on everything Weld said to you.
Thanks for the warm welcome. At this point ya'll know as much about this bike as I do. Wish I hadn't wasted so much time learning Spanish and Norwegian, seems all the vids and reviews are in Russian.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #90

zongshen rx3

well my shipping is going to about the most expensive,,,as its coast to coast,,almost $500...if it were.nt for the decent deal they are offering i wouldnt do it..I think that is a little high ,,,an maybe they are trying to make some of their money back