Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidchop View Post
If you don’t mind, could you explain the registration process when the time comes? I too am in WV, and planning on buying a hawk.
I don't live in WVa, but maybe I can help a little. First, call the dealer to make sure he actually has the machine, and in the color you want. Then tell him you are going to pay by credit card, and you want him to give you the number on the tag on the steering head before he runs the cc through the process. Then be sure to tell him that the Certificate of Origin must state "Motorcycle". You can ask him how long it will take to get to you, but the answer will be the best case sceneario. In reality 10 days is more likely, unless you order it early on Monday or Tuesday....ARH

Old 07-16-2018, 04:44 PM   #47

I meant the process with the dmv. I’m pretty familiar with the shady tactics of these dealers. Thanks though.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:08 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidchop View Post
I meant the process with the dmv. I’m pretty familiar with the shady tactics of these dealers. Thanks though.
I was trying to set you up for a relatively painless interaction with dmv. Then you wait for the paperwork. You might have to call a couple of times. In most dealerships it is an overworked female who does the paperwork. In many states you have to have insurance before you can register it. In some states, the bike also has to be inspected before you can register it.When you get the MCO, go to the license office, or call them and they will tell you the routine...ARH

Old 07-18-2018, 10:55 PM   #49

@rigidchop. I will let you know how registration goes. I got mine from Q9powersports. On their homepage there’s a link to registration and you fill out the form with the serial number on it and other information like make and model. Then in about 3 to 5 days they send out the certificate That I take to the DMV. I will let you know how that goes. I have read that some bikes you fill out the registration information and the certificate comes all the way from China. That is not the case I am told with this bike.

The only thing I found damage was that little peg that they rear brake spring goes to on the bottom of the frame was bent but that doesn’t seem to cause a problem.

I can’t seem to figure out what this lock is on the steering/ignition key. if it’s supposed to lock the steering in place I can’t seem to get it to do that. ***nevermind. Figured it out steering has to be all the way to left or right to lock steering.

I don’t want to get off topic so i think i will post another question about hauling the bike in another thread.

Last edited by GaryBD; 07-19-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #50

Update, no problem registering in West Virginia WV

Hi all, here is an update ridigchop asked for.

I received my certificate of origin from Q9 powersports and a bill of sale 5 days after I filled out the online form.

I went to my insurance agent and got insurance on the bike with the vin number.

I took the insurance paper, bill of sale and certificate of origin to the dmv and I was out the door in less than 30 minutes with a plate and temporary registration.

It was actually a painless trip.

Let me tell you how the certificate of origin was filled out:

Chongqing Haosen Motorycle C., LTD (listed at top)
VIN number - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Year 2017
Make RPS
Body Type: Motorcycle
HP(S.A.E.) 15.5hp/239cc
GVWR: 264 lbs
Shipping Weight 303 lbs.
No. Cyls.: 1
Series or Model: HS250Y-A HAWK

Then distributor's name address and Ricky Power Sports LLC is listed below.

I have heard others write do not put "Off-Road Motorcycle" in the Body Type. Just put "Motorcycle".

Overall my process with Q9 power sports went well. [With the exception of the bike sitting for 2 weeks in one shipping place and a bent piece on the bottom of the bike (where the rear brake spring hooks on bottom of frame). That's all on the shipper.] I used layaway, they were easy to get a hold of, they filled out the certificate of origin in a way which allowed me to register it and sent it very quickly. I had no problems at the DMV in West Virginia/WV.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:25 AM   #51

I appreciate it! I’d heard that it was relatively painless in WV.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:38 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBD View Post
Hi all, here is an update ridigchop asked for.

I received my certificate of origin from Q9 powersports and a bill of sale 5 days after I filled out the online form.

I went to my insurance agent and got insurance on the bike with the vin number.

I took the insurance paper, bill of sale and certificate of origin to the dmv and I was out the door in less than 30 minutes with a plate and temporary registration.

It was actually a painless trip.

Let me tell you how the certificate of origin was filled out:

Chongqing Haosen Motorycle C., LTD (listed at top)
VIN number - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Year 2017
Make RPS
Body Type: Motorcycle
HP(S.A.E.) 15.5hp/239cc
GVWR: 264 lbs
Shipping Weight 303 lbs.
No. Cyls.: 1
Series or Model: HS250Y-A HAWK

Then distributor's name address and Ricky Power Sports LLC is listed below.

I have heard others write do not put "Off-Road Motorcycle" in the Body Type. Just put "Motorcycle".

Overall my process with Q9 power sports went well. [With the exception of the bike sitting for 2 weeks in one shipping place and a bent piece on the bottom of the bike (where the rear brake spring hooks on bottom of frame). That's all on the shipper.] I used layaway, they were easy to get a hold of, they filled out the certificate of origin in a way which allowed me to register it and sent it very quickly. I had no problems at the DMV in West Virginia/WV.

Glad it all went well for you. I'm waiting for my 3rd MCO to arrive in the mail. I have what must be the pickiest DMV on earth with a 2-3 hour wait in the lobby every time I have gone. If this one doesn't fly I don't know what I'm going to do lol.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:49 PM   #53

What State are you located in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipToothy View Post
Glad it all went well for you. I'm waiting for my 3rd MCO to arrive in the mail. I have what must be the pickiest DMV on earth with a 2-3 hour wait in the lobby every time I have gone. If this one doesn't fly I don't know what I'm going to do lol.
What State is stringing you along with no final registration?
I want to make sure I don’t live in your State.
Thanks,
PCG

Old 08-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
What State is stringing you along with no final registration?
I want to make sure I don’t live in your State.
Thanks,
PCG
Arkansas. The humidity alone should be enough to keep anyone away.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:14 PM   #55

Hey Chip if your dmv won't play nice get it registered in VT via the mail. Then just transfer it to Arkansas.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipToothy View Post
You shouldn't be having problems getting it registered. The Storm is 49 state street legal. I would go to a different DMV or to one of the Notary/Tag places if you have them in Arkansas. Those people are in business to make money and will take the time and effort to get it registered. What seems to be the issue with the MCO's?
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Tags
250cc, dealers, enduro, hawk