Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2019, 10:35 PM   #61

Ever think of asking the retailer if you can take it to a local shop and get it diagnosed by a professional with an estimate and then ask them to cover the repairs?

Or at least pay some money to have it diagnosed so you can definitively determine if this should be covered under warranty.

Time is money and all your tinkering, trying other parts, yadda yadda yadda - you're almost better getting someone professional to tell you whats wrong.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #62

[QUOTE=kingofqueenz;308147]Ever think of asking the retailer if you can take it to a local shop and get it diagnosed by a professional with an estimate and then ask them to cover the repairs?

Or at least pay some money to have it diagnosed so you can definitively determine if this should be covered under warranty.

Time is money and all your tinkering, trying other parts, yadda yadda yadda - you're almost better getting someone professional to tell you whats wrong.[/Q

I was thinking more so that the warranty may have to be voided because he was taking this apart and that apart ... and hopefully his fuel and air mixture screw is adjusted properly...

But I do agree with you... if he checked everything from the plug, timing CDI... fuel loading up... restricted exhaust... compression for dropped and/or burnt valve... that covers all...
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

1970 Gibson SG mint Condition
2005 Epiphone white Custom SG Les Paul L/New
Fender Banjo New Condition
BC Rich Bitch - Like New\
3 Jay Turser SG Good Condition

Amps

Marshall vs100 Good Condition
Acoustic 261 very good condition
Boss GT-6 Pedal effects Like New

Old 05-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #63

Solid point wheel spinner.

That would about push me over the edge...

Old 05-05-2019, 05:12 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofqueenz View Post
Solid point wheel spinner.

That would about push me over the edge...

Yea... and me too... I know that If I bought a new car and it didn't start.... I would never try to touch anything because the dealers are always looking to get out of paying for it... anything they can use against you they will.... trust me... they will...
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Old 05-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #65

Well I just talked to PayPal and it looks like any type of motor vehicle is not covered in their buyer protection so that's a dead end.

Tao Tao told me I had to directly deal with Q9, Q9 is avoiding giving me any concrete answers. They have my money, and no incentive to help me out at this point. Definitely cannot recommend buying from them as it's been nothing but rude, short conversations where they say they'll call me back and never do.

The only thing I can do is rip apart the engine myself and put it back together so I can sell this thing cause I don't even want to look at it anymore.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:11 PM   #66

Ok so I'm thinking on buying a replacement coil and a new CDI for shits and giggles. Been searching for oem replacements... anyone have any idea where I can get these things?

Old 05-06-2019, 06:59 PM   #67

Have you been able to confirm that cam timing is correct?

Any chance that you used a credit card through Paypal? If so, maybe they could assist with the issue.

This situation is interesting. So far after hearing from your experience, and Skirush's experience about product problems, and the credit companies not being able to help makes me wonder. Who is protecting the buyer? It seems the seller ultimately has the upper hand against defective products. I was always under the impression the credit card company would be there in case things went south, but it does not seem that way.

I hate to say this, but is there enough people that have these problems to get a lawyer involved, and maybe do a class action? I guess the best thing to do is create a paper trail, call constantly, and maybe look into a small claims court.

I'm sorry you're going through this.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:34 PM   #68

I haven't confirmed cam timing. I'm kind of trying to do everything I've read can go wrong before pulling the engine (lazy).

I didn't pay with a CC through PayPal. The seller most certainly has the upper hand in this situation. I always knew it was a buyer beware scenario but I guess I just got screwed. Who knows, maybe it's just the ignition coil, or stater coil? That's why I'm trying to source these parts.

In a way it makes sense why they don't cover motor vehicles, in the same sense that you intuitively probably shouldn't buy chinese motor vehicles online haha.

Anyways, looks like I can get the parts directly from CSC

I'll keep y'all posted.

Old 05-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #69

That’s why I bought my Tbr7 through Walmart,I would’ve had no problems walking it in and through the customer service line.I ordered extra cod and coils etc from Amazon.Luckily haven’t needed any of it yet.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #70

Johnny... at this point I must say before I go any further... Before you start tearing down this motor, be sure you have the knowledge to be able to fix it, identify what is wrong, be able to rebuild and put this back together without problems... if you can't do this, bring it to a shop that works on motorcycles... I would ask Q9 if they would honor the warranty by having it repaired... the last resort would be paying to have it fixed...

Like I said... be sure you know what you are doing before tearing it down... could cost you more in the long run and you will lose money... trust me... I have rebuilt many motors and transmissions... and other equipment in my days and there is nothing more irritating than to see a customer come in the shop and want you to fix what he tore down... remember .. you are alone there doing the work... these guys are just blurting out stuff... to be able to diagnose your problem correctly.. we actually need to be there... Not sure where you are at, but if you are near me I would help you get it running... maybe one of these other guys would help you too if you live close to them...
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Old 05-09-2019, 08:48 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
This situation is interesting. So far after hearing from your experience, and Skirush's experience about product problems, and the credit companies not being able to help makes me wonder. Who is protecting the buyer? It seems the seller ultimately has the upper hand against defective products. I was always under the impression the credit card company would be there in case things went south, but it does not seem that way
From my experience, no one is protecting the buyer. The buyer is pretty much on their own. My bank didn't give a crap about my experience. In fact, they cared so little, that I couldn't even get a refund for the $30 battery that I had to buy...$30...I would have been happy with $30. I didn't get a dime of a refund.

The problem is the vendors are so well protected with the "fine print" policies that you agree to when you purchase the item. Most have learned, through trial and error, how to fine tune those policies to pretty much protect them 100%. Take a look at Manny. He's a perfect example of this. I actually didn't bother to read the fine print when I bought my bike. Jerry pointed them out to me. I just couldn't believe what I read. It's ridiculous and unlike any other transaction you'll see. You're pretty much screwed.

The only hope of help you have is if the vendor is willing to swap out parts for you. In your case, you need a new engine. Personally, I don't see any "Manny like" vendor being willing to do this for you. I've read on here that there was a guy who was able to get a new replacement engine. I think he got lucky and found a sympathetic vendor. And, keep in mind that these policies usually require the buyer to ship the parts back to them. Case in point:

Manny sent me a wrong part that didn't fit my bike. I told him that it was the wrong part. He said I had to pay for shipping to ship the incorrect part back to him, and then wait for the new part to arrive. So, let's put that in perspective. The seller sends me a part that is wrong, and I have to pay to ship it to him. I ask, WTF! WTactualF? That makes absolutely no sense, but you know what, it doesn't matter what I think. These guys are so well protected by their policies that you can't say a thing and have no power to do anything and your bank is in the same position as you, powerless.

I would love to find a vendor who is actually trustworthy. You take the worst used car salesman, and amplify the suckiness and lies by 100%, and then you have these guys. I don't care if I'm generalizing. Most of them are like this.

You find a good, trustworthy and honest vendor, then you should stick with them. CSC has a good reputation. And, they can charge a little more to get that customer service. But, I've learned, you get what you pay for.

Excuse my rant. Yes, I feel very badly for you and I hope it works itself out, somehow.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:05 AM   #72

Hate to resurrect this, but curious if there was a "Happy Ending" ?

Old 09-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #73

Sorry dude, no happy ending as of yet. I would be into just replacing the stator coil but I can't seem to find one. So as of now it's still dead.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:48 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Sardine View Post
Sorry dude, no happy ending as of yet. I would be into just replacing the stator coil but I can't seem to find one. So as of now it's still dead.
Where are you located? Surely there must be a local group of riders/mechanics that can help you out. Try posting for assistance on Adventure Riders in the Regional Forums.

https://advrider.com/f/forums/regional-forums.16/

Good luck,
Al

Old 10-16-2019, 08:49 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Sardine View Post
My brother ordered a kit off amazon that came with a stator, cdi, coil, wiring harness and some other odds and ends for around $45. He has a Bashan Enforcer which is basically a hawk. He got a generic stator kit for chinese bike up to 250cc I think. It worked great