Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #1

no fire

Can't get fire to plug. Replaced so many things that I am confused myself and getting ready to set it on fire after I throw it thru the dealers window

Old 05-06-2019, 04:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshlton6 View Post
Can't get fire to plug. Replaced so many things that I am confused myself and getting ready to set it on fire after I throw it thru the dealers window

What all have you checked and/or replaced so far..... Have you checked the stator??? Have you replaced the CDI??? Have you checked the coil???
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

1970 Gibson SG mint Condition
2005 Epiphone white Custom SG Les Paul L/New
Fender Banjo New Condition
BC Rich Bitch - Like New\
3 Jay Turser SG Good Condition

Amps

Marshall vs100 Good Condition
Acoustic 261 very good condition
Boss GT-6 Pedal effects Like New

Old 05-06-2019, 05:10 PM   #3

Quote:
What bike are we working with? Does it have a safety switch on the kick stand where the kick stand needs to be up to start? Kill switch in the run position? I know it may sound like dumb questions but some people including myself have over looked the kill switch.

You can also try removing the black and white wire from the CDI connector which is the kill wire to rule out that one of the safety switches is not faulty.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #4

no fire

Have replaced CDI and coil. Will get rid of b/w, don't even need a kill switch right now, lol. Had it running the way it was by a home made ignition switch and jumping solenoid with needle nose. Would love to get that again, it's my only transportation right now.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #5

no fire

Sorry. It is a Bashan 250 Bruzz. 3200 miles and will be a year old in a couple weeks. Called the factory in Ga. this morning and talked with someone. He was informative but not a mechanic. He told me some good prices on parts and I will buy from him next time but I am out of money and luck for now. The # is 770-662-1898. The guy I talked to was Jeff. I think the parts dept. guy was Dave. This is the Peace Sport factory in Ga., not sure what all they make there but they make my 250 enduro and ship crate bikes to dealers. The engine is fine (built in the factory). All the troubles that I have had were from the dealer's (Scooters Plus, Summer ave., Memphis, Tn) sloppy work putting it together. If I knew what I know now, I would have put it together myself

Old 05-06-2019, 09:21 PM   #6

I do not know how to check the stator and do not have kick stand safety. I finally found a generic wiring diagram by typing in "bashan 250 wiring". It was accurate and wire colors were matching. I have wiring for burglar alarm that was not on the diagram and is complicating matters. At this point I am trying to dedicate wiring for starting/running. I will get rid of b/w wire to CDI and see what happens. I am really wondering why I have no fire to coil.

Old 05-07-2019, 12:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Have replaced CDI and coil. Will get rid of b/w, don't even need a kill switch right now, lol. Had it running the way it was by a home made ignition switch and jumping solenoid with needle nose. Would love to get that again, it's my only transportation right now.
You know that this engine uses magneto ignition , of course, but did you know that magneto ignition is always on, and the only way to kill it is by grounding it out? Maybe this will give you an idea. If you choose to run a wire from the magneto directly to the CDI (Condensor Discharge Ignition), and the engine runs then you know you have a wiring problem with ignition switch/safety switch or a wire is grounded somewhere. Now, if it won't fire the plug the problem is most likely to be at the top of the food chain (plug, plug wire, coil, wire from CDI, CDI connection to magneto wire) or you connected your mag wire above where it was grounded out. Occasionally there have been reports of wires being pinched where they come out of the left side engine casings....ARH

Old 05-07-2019, 03:57 AM   #8

Occasionally there have been reports of wires being pinched where they come out of the left side engine casings....ARH [/QUOTE]

Yes, I was going to tell him this too... right inside the casing is a 6 pin plug I believe that plugs in to work the safety switch.. ( Neutral ) if is not making good contact your bike will not get spark to the plug...

play with those wires and see if she starts up some...
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

1970 Gibson SG mint Condition
2005 Epiphone white Custom SG Les Paul L/New
Fender Banjo New Condition
BC Rich Bitch - Like New\
3 Jay Turser SG Good Condition

Amps

Marshall vs100 Good Condition