Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2019, 10:22 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
The Qlink was my first chinabike and the quality really impressed me. The SSR has the same quality as the Qlink plus a little extra power. 20,000 miles and much of that has been rides from the Mojave Desert into LA, that's an hour and a half of mountains, traffic, and extended stretches of WOT @ 70mph plus with luggage and it does this "out of the box" or dealership. I use it frequently as a courier in Downtown LA as well and it handles the abuse very well. It's no adventure bike, but if you want to occasionally carry a passenger, luggage, or do some highway miles I would recommend the SSR.
I couldn't agree more, dh. The Qingqi product (Qlink, Konker, SSR) are excellent bikes. I truly hope they get their marketing and support s__t together someday. If you see what an archaic bike like the Suzuki DR200 costs, these are a smokin' deal. Someone needs to step up to the plate like CSC did with Zongshen.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
If you see what an archaic bike like the Suzuki DR200 costs, these are a smokin' deal. Someone needs to step up to the plate like CSC did with Zongshen.
What you said is something i been preaching lately.. That DR200 has a msrp of almost 4600 dollars yet they are still using drum brake for the rear
In my eyes, the only small displacement on/off japanese brand motorcycle that's worth the price is the KLX250 2019. EFI, disc brakes in both wheels.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:03 PM   #33

Thumbs Up

Ok... Not sure why the Hawk is always a first choice for purchase... But I own a 2006 Roketa 200cc DB-07 Dual Sport which is street legal.. I have a title... I really never had a problem with it other than fixing problems the the previous owner didn't fix or broke on it... Parts are available easily .. except the throttle cable but found one in china... for 5 bucks... runs great... came from the factory with 46 rear and 17 front sprockets... she will do 65mph without problems... Of course I weigh in at 140lbs. ... I really enjoy mine and it only took me a week to decide what I wanted... paid 650 for bike and helmet... I ride mine on my 20 acre property... the wife won't let me tag it... I always keep it stored in my new shed... stays clean... so search around for Roketas... I believe that Weld had one... check them out on you tube...

https://www.amazon.com/Roketa-Dirt-B.../dp/B015QID5XO
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

1970 Gibson SG mint Condition
2005 Epiphone white Custom SG Les Paul L/New
Fender Banjo New Condition
BC Rich Bitch - Like New\
3 Jay Turser SG Good Condition

Amps

Marshall vs100 Good Condition
Acoustic 261 very good condition
Boss GT-6 Pedal effects Like New

Old 04-30-2019, 01:09 PM   #34

If Iam not mistaken Roketa is another name for Bashan.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
If I am not mistaken Roketa is another name for Bashan.

Not sure... but if it is this will give me another source for parts when I need them.... lol at least compare prices....
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Old 04-30-2019, 01:20 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
If Iam not mistaken Roketa is another name for Bashan.
Roketa used to be considered a mfg. until the owner was arrested and served time in prison for falsifying VIN #s several years ago. They regrouped and buy motorsports from all over. They show them on their site as 'Roketa...' but the bikes/quads/etc. are from any number of mfgs and will be reflected as such in the paperwork. Bashan is but one brand. The Amazon link above is indeed a Bashan Storm, for example.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-30-2019, 01:35 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DugHawk View Post
Please tell me more Merlin. I'm old too and I don't want a headache for 500 bucks difference, especially if that 500 comes with upgrades.

I live in Colorado as well. The DMV lady told me, "I cant find that exact manufacturer but I see similar bikes and it should be fine."

Umm, no. I just want to walk in, pay $100 for a plate and be on my way. No hassles.
The problem is that Chinese manufacturers have long, drawn out names. Bashan is our shortened name, but their real name might be Bashan Astronautic Motorcycle etc etc. (not sure of name). However, they are 49 state EPA/DOT certified, and their real, complete name will be on the Mfg. Certificate of Origin. A few Bashans are on the streets of Colorado as evidenced by Merlin and member Azhule, so the proper Bashan name is in the system already for any more Bashans needing to be registered there.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #38

Like I said .. I do own the 2006 Roketa dual sport and on my title it does say Roketa 06... I never registered it but the previous owners did... so I guess the VIN's are not a problem on mine... I never had to add any updates on my bike.... only the bulbs to have brighter bulbs... but never had to do any upgrades.... so while others are paying for upgrades... I am out riding my bike... lol... having a good time...
2004 Isuzu Rodeo
1998 Kia Sportage 4x4
2004 Toyota Tundra
2016 Ford Escape

Guitars

Amps

Old 04-30-2019, 02:31 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Roketa used to be considered a mfg. until the owner was arrested and served time in prison for falsifying VIN #s several years ago. They regrouped and buy motorsports from all over. They show them on their site as 'Roketa...' but the bikes/quads/etc. are from any number of mfgs and will be reflected as such in the paperwork. Bashan is but one brand. The Amazon link above is indeed a Bashan Storm, for example.

Yep my Bashan Storm came from that exact Amazon link. The Hawk, Apollo and other various smaller cc China bikes are on there too.

Wish more sellers would get on the Amazon bandwagon. Amazon has a customer financing service, credit card and the best shipping in the world. The seller gets paid in full the day of the transaction and the customer just pays Amazon by the month. Too easy! 1 day service is the new we’ll call you in 10 business days.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 04-30-2019, 05:59 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipToothy View Post
For $600 more than the lxr250 you could get the 2019 BMW GS X 310.
Or basically any low-mile with maintenance records jap dual-sport, and be able to sale it later.. My original Magician I stopped just short on investment on what I paid for my XR 650L that was two years old and garage kept at the time, and I spent a fraction on parts of what most people here have..

I'm pretty sure there are people on these forums who have spent a 2019 701 Supermoto on Shenzhen dual-sports... lol

Old 04-30-2019, 09:58 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSport View Post
Or basically any low-mile with maintenance records jap dual-sport, and be able to sale it later.. My original Magician I stopped just short on investment on what I paid for my XR 650L that was two years old and garage kept at the time, and I spent a fraction on parts of what most people here have..

I'm pretty sure there are people on these forums who have spent a 2019 701 Supermoto on Shenzhen dual-sports... lol
Congrats on finding a 2 year old XR 650L for the price of a Magician ($1,400) but this means the XR 650L lost 80% of its value in two years? Yikes. I wish I could find one of these low-mile maintenance record unicorn Jap bikes in my area but in California there is high demand for dual sports. Out here, Magician money might get you a nice 1980's XL600 but the parts will not be cheap.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Congrats on finding a 2 year old XR 650L for the price of a Magician ($1,400) but this means the XR 650L lost 80% of its value in two years? Yikes. I wish I could find one of these low-mile maintenance record unicorn Jap bikes in my area but in California there is high demand for dual sports. Out here, Magician money might get you a nice 1980's XL600 but the parts will not be cheap.
I couldn't agree more. I searched CL and local papers for almost a year before I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Hensim's. Everything I found (that didn't immediately vanish) was 10 year old, sun-baked junk for a ton of $$$.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-01-2019, 12:53 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I couldn't agree more. I searched CL and local papers for almost a year before I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Hensim's. Everything I found (that didn't immediately vanish) was 10 year old, sun-baked junk for a ton of $$$.
Indeed, if i could get a mint 2016 XR 650L for 1400, i would get a few of them... But some people seems to be lucky and get unreal deals on expensive vehicles.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #44

Or...

Just kidding, I'm also one of those unlucky folk who check the "For Sale Ads" all the damn time... I was lucky to get my old 1999 KLR 650 for the price you got a "new" XR650 for

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Indeed, if i could get a mint 2016 XR 650L for 1400, i would get a few of them... But some people seems to be lucky and get unreal deals on expensive vehicles.
That's because the exception to the rule becomes the rule when the person in question has a heavy bias against the thing he is comparing it to.

Case in point, the $600 price difference on the bike I mentioned vs. the ones being compared to. Oversimplified bench racing rubbish taken out of context on a post I made 18 months ago. Back then you could pick up an LXR250F for $3900 quite easily, thus making the price difference more than $1000.

Then we can ignore everything that the LXR 250F comes with, because it's convenient when having a negative bias. We will just act like it is a typical cheap clone like the Hawks/Bashans/etc. We can ignore the many hardware upgrades it comes with.

I am not saying you couldn't go get a decent used comparable bike like a Honda CRF250 (and then add a headlight/tail light/gauges/stator/reg-rec/ switches, and turn signals to make it have everything the lxr came with to make it road "legal") but as has already been pointed out, most of them have been run hard and put up wet. Almost every used Japanese dual sport in my area comes at a premium price and requires a lot of repairs and maintenance to get it up to spec. I look quite often to try and catch a good deal, but they are few and far between, so I stick to the status quo - aka reality.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124