Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2023, 05:56 PM   #1

Oil filter question for templar 250 x

This may be a dumb question. I've almost gotten my 2 kids templar 250 x assembled. I know I need to change the oil, but wasn't sure if it was okay to use the filter that came with it or if it would be better to replace right off the bat. Also what size filter should I use? I didn't see that info in the resource guide. Thanks for the help!

Old 12-10-2023, 06:05 PM   #2

the PR250 engine just uses a mesh screen like the CG250 engine I believe. No actual filter as such...

Worth checking the screen after break in.

Old 12-10-2023, 06:38 PM   #3

Try magnets to rid the oil of transmission gear filings

Hi,
I put a 7/8 fender washer between the oil screen mesh hold down spring and the housing screw on cap then loaded 10 harbor freight rare earth magnets (item 67488) on the fender washer. Two in back eight in front. No glitter in oil and plenty filings on the magnets.

Old 12-11-2023, 06:45 AM   #4

Seeing as this is the outcome of you prior post regarding choosing bikes for the kids...Would be interesting to know how they were received...unless they are being wrapped for Christmas.

The templar 250 X I feel is/was the best bang for buck at the time...so getting first impressions would be interesting from a fresh perspective.

Some photos of the pair would be appreciated too...

Old 12-18-2023, 08:08 PM   #5

XLsior Ideally I wanted to wait until Christmas but was worried about potential damage, so I gifted it to them early. Both bikes arrived in their box attached to the same pallet (which is ironic, since I was charged to separate $400 shipping fees, but I digress) Everything was intact, boxes were in good condition with relatively little wear or tear to them. I unboxed the next day and began assembly.

Assembly has been a slow process as I've only been able to work on them a few minutes here and there and I'm about 95% of the way there.
Everything has been accounted for and working so far.

All that's left is putting on the plastic body panels and then changing the oil and trying to crank. Well, I still need to adjust the valves too (but may do that later depending on how it runs), and i'll need to stiffen up the suspension on both and possibly work to lower the stance on one of them for my daughter. After all that, depending on how well they are running I may upgrade the carbs.