Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2023, 12:21 PM   #46

How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboChris View Post
It shows how to very easily build the port adapter to hook up for tuning and also has a link to the free tuning software. Everything someone needs to tune these ecu's is linked in that thread.

Here this link is the video in that thread.

Open it on youtube and in his video description it has a link to every part you will need to build the connector and also I believe he has the link to the free software in the description of the video as well. Either way the free software link is in the thread as well.
He says to use a multimeter to map out what wires you need, but how do you do that? I’ve got everything I need, but no clue what I’m looking for to make the connections right.
2023 Hawk DLX

Old 11-10-2023, 12:57 PM   #47

I ride a Hawk DLX. Bought it used with 1100 miles in August. I've put 600+ miles on it. Only had an issue once. It had the CEL on for about a week. It was an Idle control fault. The codes can be checked without a reader. The bike would stumble and stall occasionally at intersections when starting out. The problem corrected itself and I'm not sure what it was. It never stranded me and at 1st, I thought as a new Rider, I was just being sloppy with the clutch. I have since adjusted the throttle cable which was easy to do, required NO tools, and made a significant positive impact in the low speed throttle control of the bike.

I think the EFI fears are overblown. I like mine and like not having to fuss with a carb. Plenty of other things to fuss with on these bikes.
* Banjo brake light switch
* LED headlight + front turn signals
* Debadged (I don't like to brag about the superior
strength!)
* Top speed, as equipped: 68 mph (so far)

Old 12-12-2023, 01:39 AM   #48

Possible EFI problems

This feed is actually extremely interesting especially being that I'm having problems and I'm assuming it has to be computer related or some type of sensor