Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtyling View Post
Rice burner.. I'm a doctor in the Philippines. I'm impressed with your passion for medical missions. Regarding buying the Motorstar 250... I think you should have gone with the Honda CRF250L.. Service and parts would be more available. I haven't bought a Motorstar vehicle yet because I have yet to be convinced they can truly provide adequate service (except from their main dealership in Calookan). But parts-wise.. Not even the main office will carry everything. Good luck and God bless!!!
Hello Doc., I've been away from the forum sorry I missed your post. Your right about Motorstar and parts, and yes the Honda or Yamaha XT250 would have been a better choice and I have in fact sold my RX3 for this very reason. I'm back with a little Yamaha YBR125G. Not fast like the RX3, that puppy would get up and go but it's also too big for riding errands into the city. The YBR being much lighter is just so much better.

Since I injured my knee back in Oct. 2015 I really noticed it when riding the RX3, getting on and off and having to push it around in tight spaces in the city and even my driveway. I know I wont be riding way out into the back country or the really tough trails for sometime to come, the YBR is fine for delivering the vitamins and finding the kids.

I would not in my case and location buy another Motorstar. Honda, Yamaha or a Kawasaki are good but not Morotstar, as you pointed out with the parts availability.
www.medicalmissionmatters.org