Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2021, 01:20 PM   #1

Pegs n Levers

Been trying to find a folding lever that will fit MX boots like the stock lever would. The 155mm long folder I replaced is just way too short for MX boots. I haven
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 01-13-2021, 12:25 AM   #2

Ugh, looks like it deleted 2 paragraphs worth. Ok, trying to see if anyone has a link to a shift lever. I’m not finding anything longer than 155mm with the 11mm fitting.
Bashan Storm: Ebay steel exhaust wrapped, folding shift lever, seat mod, vm26 carb, air pod, dual led scrambler headlamps, windshield mod, led brake/tail light, secondary led brake light (swingarm), Ebay 295mm rear shock, back up CDI (racing unknown), oil cooler, digital gauge cluster,

Old 01-13-2021, 12:26 AM   #3

Secondly I was thinking those set back pegs might create enough room for MX boots? Any recommendations on which ones will work with our frames?

Old 03-04-2021, 04:43 PM   #4

Ugh

I’m tired of everything being a dog chase on these China bikes
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D2E384AE-DC73-46C4-AF3D-44412D7C4916.jpeg (38.9 KB, 200 views)

Old 03-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #5

Is there enough iron to cut and narrow the mount point to allow clearance for the foot peg?

seems like a possible job for a welder to me.

Also a possible opportunity to raise or lower the pegs for better rider use too.

I know it shouldn't be like this but we are dealing with China here.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:26 PM   #6

Not sure if applies to the China bikes.

These are the alloy pegs I found to replace the minuscule Honda Xl185 pegs.

But i am unsure if they use the same mounting system as the china bikes.

I reused the Honda springs but the through bolt and cotter pin came with the new pegs.

had to shave a bit off the mounts to allow for full fold articulation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pegs.jpg (21.2 KB, 191 views)

Old 03-04-2021, 06:42 PM   #7

I replaced the pegs on my Brozz . At first they were great until I wore my boots. The foot placement vs the mounting area with the pin is the issue. They are set higher than stock and I was unable to shift gears properly. I was unable to raise the shift lever high enough to get my toe in there, I removed them. I was thinking of cutting them an welding them back together.
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 03-04-2021, 08:16 PM   #8

Ok, I found and ordered these. The hinges look “China Bike-ish” enough I think they may work. Supposedly they will fit the Brozz so I’m thinking those bikes are probably the same pegs as the Storm. Crossing fingers!

AnXin Foot Pegs Motorcycle Universal CNC Footpeg Footrest for Honda CRF XR 50 70 110 M2R SDG DHZ SSR KAYO Pit Bike - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L3PMLL5...SZTD5YC5SJPQ44

Old 03-04-2021, 08:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
Is there enough iron to cut and narrow the mount point to allow clearance for the foot peg?

seems like a possible job for a welder to me.

Also a possible opportunity to raise or lower the pegs for better rider use too.

I know it shouldn't be like this but we are dealing with China here.

I don’t think anyone could ever get those red pegs to work. Moving the mounts with a welder would work but the pegs don’t have the back stop to keep them from folding all the way down.

The ones I linked in my other reply may work. Will know for sure in a few weeks when they arrive.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:23 PM   #10

Does the Brozz have the same 45* offset mount point if so you are probably getting close. hard for me to say without having the factory original to compare it to.

Old 03-08-2021, 07:21 PM   #11

Alright sports fans, I got the black pegs in and also they don’t work. The shape is the same but the pin hole is about 1/4 of an inch too far away from the leg body to allow the back end to catch.

The search continues..

Old 03-08-2021, 10:17 PM   #12

I'm having the same kind of drama with throttle cables. Here's hoping 3rd times the charm...

Old 03-09-2021, 02:24 PM   #13

I called good ol Peace Sports and the OEM pegs is all they sell. It’s too bad because my right side peg and pin had to be reshaped with a hammer after I dumped on some black ice a few weeks back.

Welding a 1/4” thick chunk of steel to the inside of the peg mounts would be probably enough meat n taters to keep the Amazon stuff from collapsing. I may try a welding place, the moto shops usually charge $100-120 and hour for stuff so that’s asking a lot for an old bike that’s past it’s prime.

Old 03-09-2021, 07:29 PM   #14

$100-$120 could get you a pretty decent fuxcore mig and stick welder for doing the odd lighting glue jobs around the place...

Other than making a rocket stove for my first welding project, then repairing my front stair case and fixing/modding the XL185 frame current project.

I'm so glad I got over the fear of use and just had a go and learning a new skill.

Having a cheap welder has paid for itself...

Old 03-09-2021, 10:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
$100-$120 could get you a pretty decent fuxcore mig and stick welder for doing the odd lighting glue jobs around the place...

Other than making a rocket stove for my first welding project, then repairing my front stair case and fixing/modding the XL185 frame current project.

I'm so glad I got over the fear of use and just had a go and learning a new skill.

Having a cheap welder has paid for itself...
I’ve looked at some of the Amazon welders being reviewed on YouTube but it’s just more money and time being thrown in to a bike that isn’t going to last. Maybe after I get a second motorcycle I can get in to a bit of welding fun.