Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2023, 11:24 AM   #1

Lifan KPX oiling issue.

http://I received my bike yesterday and rode it into town , and came home the back way. I figured that was enough time to catch the sentiment that I expected to be in the filter. I went to change it this morning, and I noticed what looked like a little gray Permatex on a bolt, and then the filter housing was really hard to remove. When I did get it off I noticed that the inner most o ring was smashed, and broken. I heard something hit my oil drain jug, and that was a piece of the o ring. That's why my hand is oily. I had nearly nothing on my filter, and with the oil passage in between the two O rings, I don't think my motor could have been oiling correct or having oil pressure. I figure that's why the filter was surprisingly clean. I messaged Venom, but haven't got a reply. I just don't want a motor that could be damaged, or doomed to a shorter than normal life. http://

Old 10-13-2023, 11:38 AM   #2

Well that sucks. In the mean time you can go to the local hardware store and pick up another o ring so you can continue riding. My cover was hard to pull of the first time. Second time was much easier once it had oil on the orings.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-13-2023, 11:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Well that sucks. In the mean time you can go to the local hardware store and pick up another o ring so you can continue riding. My cover was hard to pull of the first time. Second time was much easier once it had oil on the orings.
I am not really worried about buying an O Ring. It's the fact that I couldn't have had good enough oil pressure, or filtering when I ran it. It seemed to be running fine, before I drained it, but with these motors being a little noisy to start with, I don't know if it was making abnormal noise. I would hate to have un necessary internal wear. The two O-Rings are what holds the pressurized oil between the passage hole in the housing.

Old 10-13-2023, 12:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I am not really worried about buying an O Ring. It's the fact that I couldn't have had good enough oil pressure, or filtering when I ran it. It seemed to be running fine, before I drained it, but with these motors being a little noisy to start with, I don't know if it was making abnormal noise. I would hate to have un necessary internal wear. The two O-Rings are what holds the pressurized oil between the passage hole in the housing.
As long as you documented the issue with Venom, I think they will take care of any problems if the do come up. I found my engine was a little noisy at first. Once it was broke in it ran smoother and quieter.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-13-2023, 12:32 PM   #5

Quote:
As long as you documented the issue with Venom, I think they will take care of any problems if the do come up. I found my engine was a little noisy at first. Once it was broke in it ran smoother and quieter.
I just got done spend them pictures of the issue. I probably seem like a complainer to them, but I maintain my vehicles, and do my part to help them last, and would hate to not get long life front engine.

Old 10-13-2023, 02:26 PM   #6

I actually got a run a round at Venom, and ,I feel that they were trying to blame me, as if I don't know how to change oil. The damage to the O Ring was obviously done during assembly, and couldn't have been done by me removing the filter. They are acting like they will send me one as a courtesy.http://
I just realized it's your video that they linked Jerry. LOL

Old 10-13-2023, 03:35 PM   #7

Don’t worry it’s a standard corporate speak reply when I read it. I didn’t pick up any inferences that you didn’t know how to change oil. They are just covering all the bases in as neutral a reply as they can.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Old 10-13-2023, 03:52 PM   #8

What I really want to know Bill is, when did you change your name to Debbie?

Don't worry too much, You didn't loose oil pressure without the O-ring. I just didn't all pass through the oil filter. It looks like they will send you the O-ring and a filter.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-13-2023, 05:15 PM   #9

Onhttp://http://http://
Quote:
What I really want to know Bill is, when did you change your name to Debbie?

Don't worry too much, You didn't loose oil pressure without the O-ring. I just didn't all pass through the oil filter. It looks like they will send you the O-ring and a filter.
I feel stupid thinking that it could have been loosing oil pressure after thinking about it, but it definitely wasn't allowing the fine screen filter to catch the debri. I changed the oil, but will change it again after another few miles, so it can now catch anything too small for the coarse screen.
My bike was a day late getting here because they had the bill of laden mixed up the had the house number correct, but had the wrong street. When I called they had a Debbie as the person on Affirmed Drive. I actually had a hard time finding an O Ring.that diameter, but thin enough. I eventually had to buy a kit of O Rings at Advance Auto to get one. It was basically $6.00 after tax, but at least I could ride. While riding, I went to thinking that I could have took the o ring off the outer groove, and put it on the inner groove, and used a thin paper gasket on the outside. Oh well it's fixed, and I went on a pretty good ride.. The power is fantastic on the bike, but it has a dead hesitation right off idle, especially when cold. It acts like a carbed bike not really warned up, but idling alright, with the choke open,but might fie if you touch the throttle . Other than that I like it. Here are a few pics, but I'm not really going on any rough terrain on my new bike yet. They are the old bridges at Sarvis Fork, and Little Creek, and some from up on the hill between Tug Fork, and Buffalo Lick. I like the way the sun is above the bike in the one picture http://

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 10-13-2023 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Pictures

Old 10-14-2023, 07:37 AM   #10

As an older generation roketa 200 owner that doesnt have anything but the chunk strainer for a filter, your motor will be fine...LOL if it had oil in it, it is all good...