Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2019, 08:23 AM   #1

Yamaha MT-07

So, the Benelli TNT135 got me into riding again. This spring I decided I needed something bigger that would get me farther. The Benelli can do a maximum of 64mph before bouncing off of the rev limiter, this just doesn't cut it on a highway for more than a mile or two. I did lots of research and was down to two bikes, the Suzuki SV650 and the Yamaha FZ/MT 07. I picked the Yamaha. The original plan was to buy a used, a low milage bike that someone else already spent ten paychecks on mods. Mods that I would ultimately pay 10 cents on a dollar for because that's just how it is. I was at a dealer one day and just for the heck of it I inquired about a brand new bike, the advantage was ABS. I got a great price and super low interest on a three year loan. I bought new. The Yamaha is great, I did my own mods for some more horsepower and I'm very happy with it. The bike dynos at almost 80 rear wheel horsepower up from the stock 67. This is due to a package I bought with a new air box, exhaust and computer flash from a guy that races these things. I did ride the Benelli yesterday, it had a dead battery and I had to charge it. I ended up having so much fun I was out for an hour and a half thrashing it. THat's what the difference is with bikes. A little one you can beat on it. The MT-07 you can kind of beat on it depending on your skill level, it does wheelies in three gears, you have to be careful. Moving up to the liter bikes, they are deadly fast and substantially more to insure. That's why I settled on 700cc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG1200.jpg (102.3 KB, 80 views)