Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Web Deals - NEW!
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2015, 08:02 AM   #1

Go Pro Clone Action Camera

I have never owned a Go Pro but like the idea of their versatility. I love taking pictures but am way to cheap to buy nice cameras. I have a Nikon point and shoot but its usually at home unless I am traveling or have a planned activity and of course my handy cell phone is now my go to camera for just about everything. Anyway I wanted a Go Pro without the Go Pro price so I started checking them out on Amazon and found this eXuby X1000 for about $53. It loaded with features and even has a screen to view the vids and pics. 12 Megapixel CMOS Sensor with 170 Degree Wide Angle HD Lens shoots at full 1080P resolution at 30fps. This package came with tons on mounting hardware and a nice carrying case. After looking at all of the mounts I decided on a helmet mount to give me a good rider point of view. I have only used it a few times but so far am happy with the results. I dont plan on making any feature films so its perfect for my needs. The full specs and information can be found at the link below. The handlebar mount that came in the kit is way too small for our handlebars but it uses all standard Go Pro mounts available everywhere. Everything is plastic which makes me a little nervous so I was happy to use the provided safety cable to secure the camera to my helmet via an existing screw. I have the camera mounted upside down so I could get the best angle. There is a setting in the menu to allow this. Also many other features for still images, time lapse, etc. Also I bought a 32GB micro SD card locally and its working fine.

One of the nicest features is the full control and review via a free smartphone app. Sharing a wifi connection it allows me to control the camera functions and review the vids and pics on my Android phone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...ilpage_o00_s00

Name:  20151223_150955.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  88.8 KB

Name:  20151215_121436.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  20151223_190129.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  84.9 KB

Name:  20151215_121213.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  20151215_121329.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  91.8 KB

Old 12-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #2

Yes I have been looking at these just this morning some great deals and good reviews on them.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #3

i got tired of seeing cool things or bad things while riding and having no way to remember it well enough to share (and often forgetting as well) so I am waiting for my setup to arrive.

http://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_237685.html
http://www.gearbest.com/photography-...pp_139391.html

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 01-02-2016, 03:44 AM   #4
Administrator

Great review, thanks for sharing! I might just have to get one of these.. I have 2 GoPros, but they're the original ones so the image quality isn't as good as the cameras they make now.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:47 AM   #5

Wow! There certainly are a lot of choices for action cameras. Thanks for sharing the good information, gentlemen.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-02-2016, 06:40 PM   #6

Put the camera to use again today and have a few video examples for you. I took a few still pics today also but wasnt happy with the results. They seemed kind of washed out (poor color) and they had no ability to zoom into them. The camera is advertised as 12mp so I should be able to zoom and crop the photos quite a bit. I shot the pictures through the waterproof case housing which still has a layer of safety film on the outside of it but I dont think this really affected anything since the videos are fine. I need to keep playing with that photo feature. There are lots of different settings in the menu.

Video from an off road ride today

Video from a ride through town the other day.

A picture from the sports cam (spec says 12mp)
Name:  FHD0002.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  88.2 KB

A picture from my S5 mini phone camera (spec says 8mp)
Name:  20160102_134951.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  95.5 KB

Old 01-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #7

The video looks very good. I enjoyed watching your ride through the city. I assume you recorded the video with the camera inside the waterproof housing?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-02-2016, 07:49 PM   #8

Yes. Everything I have posted from the camera has been taken while its inside it waterproof housing. The camera itself has a nice rubberized coating but I am worried about the little rounded lens that sticks off the front. It just screams DAMAGE ME! The casing seems to allow just enough engine/road noise in and keeps the dust and dirt out (my main goal). Havent tried its waterproof ability yet. If I do it will most likely just be a rain shower or two. I agree, for $53 versus several hundred for the GoPro I think this video is excellent. Its exactly what I wanted and so far does what I wanted. It has lots of features I havent tried yet but will get around to it. Time lapse photos, time delay photos (several options for time from like 5 seconds to 60 seconds between shots) Push the button and the camera does the rest at the time interval set. I wasnt looking to make feature films and didnt want to spend a lot of money, I just wanted to have some fun recording rides and this seems to fit the bill.

Old 01-05-2016, 06:04 PM   #9

Very cool, I've been to that same park a couple of times, I was dying to ride a bike there last time I was vising family in Colombia but never got the chance.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:42 PM   #10

I have been looking around at them too. I am under the opinion that the Chinese action camera business is just like the Chinese motorscooter business. There are so many names for the same aparent cameras. I got a sneaking feeling that a gagal of makers are using the same components and the major differences seem to be the names on the sides of them.

I did buy a dash cam on sale for $29 at the local wally w. last month. In 3 days it went back, it would not loop record all the time, some times it would and then it run out of memory, and no reason to own it with those atributes.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:19 PM   #11

I agree 100%. My camera had a name in the Amazon ad but the camera itself has no name on it whatsoever. Its very generic. Even the instruction booklet has no name. So far I am very happy with the videos I have been recording but the photos definitely dont seem to be 12mp unless i am doing something wrong. But honestly for $53 I am happy. I only bought it for video anyway. I have my cell and a point and shoot for everything else. This eXuby X1000 came with tons of attachments and a padded carrying case. I guess thats what sold me the most. Plus it has a 2¨screen so I can review videos or pics on the go.

FYI- I watched a Youtube video made by a GoPro guy that talked about Youtube downgrading your video quality once your video is uploaded. So any video you see may not be what the owner really recorded as far as quality goes. Watching some of my own on Youtube I can definitely see this too. So beware of this when you are reviewing cameras and watching videos for quality.

Ichrisbot- riding or driving here definitely brings new meaning to defensive driving. If youve been here you know what I mean. Buses, taxis and other motorcycles are the worst. The way they drive and create their own lanes makes a bad traffic jam even worse but it never stops them from doing it. Its beyond me that they can make 5 or 6 lanes from 2. I need to get some of that daily traffic on a video. Sometimes its better than most reality TV on now. LOL

Old 01-05-2016, 09:37 PM   #12

I am thinking that Buford will need one of these.

Tags
action camera, camera, gopro