Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2018, 10:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by da4design View Post
anyone know about the quality of these pitsterpros? is it a honda clone engine? i like the look at them, although wheelbase is on the short side
Pitster Pro bikes are about on the same level of quality as the SSR bikes, if we were to compare them. The engine is a Honda Clone, known as a CBB250.

The shorter wheelbase wouldn't deter me too much. But, I guess that comes down to personal preference.

The over 10 inches of suspension travel front and rear, and larger floating brakes give it quite an edge though. The Compression and Rebound adjustabiliy is also a nice feature.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-12-2018, 10:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
That's because it pretty much is a CRF230 clone engine. The XTR250 would be about as close to a CRF230 that you could get without buying one.
That is a GREAT engine. I had a 230 years ago. GREAT BIKE!! I only got rid of it to fund other street toys. Hmm Thanks for the tip, this IS the 3rd bike in the Running! Off to youtube to see if I can find some vids on it!

Old 01-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
That is a GREAT engine. I had a 230 years ago. GREAT BIKE!! I only got rid of it to fund other street toys. Hmm Thanks for the tip, this IS the 3rd bike in the Running! Off to youtube to see if I can find some vids on it!
I would say if you wanted something with the best off-road capability, then the XTR250 would take the cake. On road the XF250 would definitely have the advantage with it's smaller front wheel diameter.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
DH, out of curiosity do you know what Chinese company build the XF? And what company builds the engine?
Letsride the Xf comes from a company by the name of Qingqi and uses an engine design shared with the SSR snake eyes bobber, Suzuki tu250x and Suzuki Ozark 250 Atvs.

The SSR was OK from the start but very restricted by all of the smog equipment that made it run lean and get approval for sale in CA; interestingly the Suzuki tu250x is not sold in CA as it doesn't have the required smog equipment. It was a completely different bike after the break in period when I removed all the smog equipment and made some modifications to the stock CV carb and airbox. This was all very easy to do and resulted in a decent increase in throttle response and top end power.

The Xf comes equipped with a really nice Teikei CV carb, the same one found on 2000's Yamaha Xt225's. It is a good quality reliable carb but throttle response is sluggish without any mods. The Xf smog equipment consists of a catalytic converter, tamper proof cap over the idle mixture screw(set lean), and an EGR system.

Here is a link to Qingqi's company website with a cool video of some guy jumping an Xf or "Liger" as they show it on their website; makes me want to watch Napolean Dynamite again.

http://en.qingqi.com.cn/site/6067_fo...iazai_text.htm

Old 01-14-2018, 10:24 AM   #20

Thanks for the info and link Dh! Me and my little man rode around to some dealers yesterday. We didn't have anything to do. We stopped in to Columbia Powersports. Now this place is a Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Can Am dealer. But MUCH to my Surprise when I walked in the door, there were SSR BIKES ON THE SHOW ROOM FLOOR!! I got a HUGE grin on my face! I thought this is pretty cool to see a main stream dealer like them carrying SSR! To Me that speaks LOUDLY about the bikes. I let my little man sit of various SSR's, Kawi's and Yamaha's. The SSR70 fits him just perfect and gives a little room to grow. That dealer is selling them for the EXACT MSRP on SSR's website, plus tax of course. They didn't have an XF in there. Now a little 110 Kawasaki is 1700 bucks, SSR 749! I looked the little machine over REALLY good, the salesman was looking at me weird LOL. It is a well put together bike IMO! For poops and giggles they had a brand new YAMAHA WR250 on the floor (AWESOME MACHINE BTW) BUT it AINT 8 THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS NICE!! 8 GRAND for a 250? LAUGHABLE! I hope that the uptick in Chinese competition will knock a blow into the Big 4 and bring prices back down to EARTH!
Next me and my little partner in crime, rode out to the BIG town of Batesburg / Leesville. I pulled up to the little dealer and was shocked, THERE she was a brandy new XF! THAT BIKE IS very nice!!! The suspension is very nice, I liked everything about it. Except the seat, the seat on the Brozz beats it hands down. The SSR 189 is a Cool mid size bike, and that SSR 450?? WOWZER!! Its every bit as nice as a bike from the big 4. Little man and I left empty handed! I wasn't ready to pull the trigger on that bike just yet. The little bike was 899 out the door price, the XF I think was 3068 OTD price. I think he needs a little bit more time on his beginner bike. I'll probably pick his up in a few weeks.

Old 01-14-2018, 11:17 AM   #21

Sounds like it was a fun day! The WR250 is such a fantastic bike but I think the 8 grand price tag is nuts.

I see you guys have the Coleman CT200. My boy has the CT100 and he loves it.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
Sounds like it was a fun day! The WR250 is such a fantastic bike but I think the 8 grand price tag is nuts.

I see you guys have the Coleman CT200. My boy has the CT100 and he loves it.
oh yeah, the Coleman is just a hoot to have around. I use the thing for deer hunting, haul corn on it, mineral blocks, etc. It has plenty of grunt. I haven't modified it in anyway. I will leave it all stock. I did grab a new Hemi Predator motor to have as a spare. After coupons it was a shade over 80 bucks But the engine on it is doing great. I change the oil on it often. Anyway, yes it was a fun day, reminded me of the days my Dad would take me around to the bike shops window shopping. I want to wait to see if the Brozz will come back in March. THIS IS VERY HARD btw. I want another Dual Sport NOW!! LOL