Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2023, 03:05 PM   #1

Head Scratching Trailmaster TM35 plastics and graphics. What bike is it a clone of?

I have just bought a Trailmaster TM35. Does anyone know what this bike is a clone of? I know the frame and plastics on tm 33, tm36, and tm 38 are a clone of like 2009 ktm 350sx but the tm35 plastics look a little different than the other models. Will ktm plastics still fit? Anyone have or know anything about this bike? It seems to be kinds of rare. I have found lots of info and videos about the other models but there just isn't much out there about the tm35

Old 12-30-2023, 09:59 AM   #2

i just got a tm31 and im in the same boat looking for info on exhaust to see what fits

Old 01-27-2024, 11:00 AM   #3

I have a TM35. I have ridden it for the whole summer on trails in northern Michigan. I swapped to a nibbi PE28 carb before ever starting it and have had zero issues with engine performance. I did break the stock chain while on my first long ride through some sandy areas. That was an experience I never would wish on anyone.

So I replaced the chain with a high quality DID (520VX3GB-112) Gold 112 Xring and have had zero issues since.

I added an hour meter, NKTECH NK-HS2, to the keyswitch area and it looks factory stockand performs great.

The suspension seems a tad soft in the front for me, but I am 235lbs, the rear was adjusted enough that I don't notice an issue. I don't plan on leaving the ground on this bike voluntarily, so it is rare that I bottom out the front anyways.

My impressions of this machine are great. I wish it was road legal and plan on converting it to a dual sport.

The stock tires seem adequate. I am sure there are much better tires out there and have been looking into something that would suit my trail needs. Running on sandy areas has been sketchy at best, they don't seem to have much stability, but I am unsure how much better other tires would be. I run front psi at 13 and rear at 11.5 I have filled the tubes with Flat Out Off Road Tire Sealant as a precaution.

My only true gripes with this machine is that I feel the rear brakes do not have very good grip power. The fronts are excellent. I am looking into how I can improve that. My other issue is neutral is hard to find. I often will jump into second and click down softly, I have found that's easiest to try to locate neutral, but it is still hit and miss.

I am not sure there is a better bike for the money out there. It has plenty of get up and go for me. Above 40mph it gets buzzy, but I typically don't go that fast unless I am on the road connecting to trails.

The TM35 is an underrated bike for sure. Btw, I weighed the bike full of all fluids and it came out to 267.4 lbs

Hope this helps,

Jason

Tags
clone, graphics, plastics, tm35, trailmaster