Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2017, 07:37 PM   #1

Well I am kinda lost not a single review helpful on the df250rtr.

So I was hoping to find a review of the df250rtr. I haven't been able to. Not even one on the Internet but amazon, but not really helpful. I am glad that I'm getting a df250rtr but I was to make sure others have more insight on how it rides, if they did mods to it, if it's speed is 56, 65, or high, do you take it on highways or freeway, how does it ride for long drives, and so forth and beyond. Only reason I'm asking is my friend has a df250rtr in the creat still. Been like that since he bought his others they are still in the creat as well. He doesn't sell them he makes trades for them. So if any one has a df250rtr please let me know what you think.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:00 AM   #2

The closest you will get is finding member Bar None's thread about his Dong Fang bobber, or the longest thread on mychinamoto.com which was started years back also about the Dong Fang bobber. Dong Fang have streamlined their lineup of full-size bikes to all use the exact same 223cc engine, so you should be getting relevant information about your engine from the bobber threads. I am not sure where the thread is here (I believe under the 'Street' section) but here is the very long thread (and still ongoing) on mychinamoto

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...er-Information

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #3

I saw the Dongfang df250rtr (pictured below) on Go Karts USA's site. Looks interesting. I really like the blacked out look, especially the forks.

Here's also another one I saw there (see link) that seemed intriguing, as well. These are not bikes we see here everyday.

http://gokartsusa.com/SXR-250-Sport-Motorcycle-1.aspx

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #4

Culcune thanks for that ya I went over to the other forum and they had a bit of information. Trying to see if anyone has it but hey if not I'll be a test guinea pig. 2lz ya that's one of theem there are a few variations of the bike. Kinda good and bad that they aren't seen on here everyday make me a little worried and really glad. I'm hope that if I need help I have both forums to go to.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I saw the Dongfang df250rtr (pictured below) on Go Karts USA's site. Looks interesting. I really like the blacked out look, especially the forks.

Here's also another one I saw there (see link) that seemed intriguing, as well. These are not bikes we see here everyday.

http://gokartsusa.com/SXR-250-Sport-Motorcycle-1.aspx
That is interesting. 3.5 gallon tank and duel disks up front.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 05-13-2017, 01:41 AM   #6

I don't recall anyone owning the RTR on the other thread, but the engines are the same, which is why I figured that is as close to a 'review' that you will find, not to mention that engines are the more important part of a bike; you would at least get a feel for the engine.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-13-2017, 03:37 AM   #7

Sometimes half the fun is being the first person to actually dive in and get to know a bike. You can be the Guru that everybody turns to. I don't doubt the engine will be reliable, from what I have seen, Dongben uses mostly Lifan sourced engines. As far as material quality... just have to wait and see, but the great thing about cruiser style bikes is that you can find and install pretty much any sort of fender you want from the aftermarket with really basic fabrication skills. Twin shock suspension upgrades are all over the place, from cheap ebay stuff, to mid range stuff like Hagon twin shocks and Progressives. and up to sky is the limit custom built stuff. So, if you find the rear suspension inadequate, no problems there.

I was actually looking at the little cruiser that uses the Lifan Vtwin before I decided to get a Hawk, and I only made that choice because, well, I already own the origin of all sport touring bikes.