Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2018, 04:21 PM   #1

Hellcat 125

Have a new hellcat 125. Taking deliver my speedo sensor was broke, choke tab broke and the bottom is about stripped out of the handlebar for it. Shipping strap went through the plastics. Otherwise bike runs great. Sadly I am one that can’t change to MPH.

Have exhaust on the way, chain, 14t front sprocket and looking to upgrade rear bolt and swing arm bolt.

Anyone have a list of all Grom parts that fit. This will end up being my wife’s as I am looking to get the Benelli TNT.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:43 PM   #2

nice.

Get the carb/pod filter and remove the airbox.
I run a 17t front but try what you like best.
Most grom parts fit but on the same hand a lot don't without some modn or just don't, Lot of trial and error. Also some bolts are different sizes then a grom like engine mounting bolts.

Most everything on the stock hellcat can be upgraded and kind of should be. You can find most aftermarket parts that will work online.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:40 AM   #3

Thanks Chinabike. Kid of what I have gathered from looking around. Not even a whole lot of specifics about the TaoTao. This headlight thing is driving me nuts, the running light works and the bright will come on if you pull that little trigger but the switch doesn't turn the brights on and the low beems don't work. I checked the bulb and it seems fine along with all wiring and connections. Boggled.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:21 PM   #4

Sounds like it’s time to pull out the voltmeter and find out where the power stops.

Keep us posted on what you find!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 10-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamsdad View Post
Thanks Chinabike. Kid of what I have gathered from looking around. Not even a whole lot of specifics about the TaoTao. This headlight thing is driving me nuts, the running light works and the bright will come on if you pull that little trigger but the switch doesn't turn the brights on and the low beems don't work. I checked the bulb and it seems fine along with all wiring and connections. Boggled.
I had the same issue with the headlights then I discovered there is an on\off for switch for the headlights on the right hand handle bar controls, most bikes these days are headlights always on.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:36 AM   #6

On off on the throttle side control? Hmm... Man that would be fabulous if that were it.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamsdad View Post
On off on the throttle side control? Hmm... Man that would be fabulous if that were it.
Was that it?

Old 10-21-2018, 08:11 AM   #8

Wouldn’t you know it? So glad!!