Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2022, 06:36 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Today I adjusted the valves to .004/.004. They were super tight, maybe at .001 or less.
While i was at it, i fabricated a pair-valve blockoff plate and capped the vacuum line on the intake manifold. This allows easier access to work on the exhaust valve.
Some notes about the valve adjustment..
You can remove the side plastics and then unbolt the tank and simply slide it backwards and out of your way.
I found it hard to find TDC as the mark is a fairly small vertical line. To be safe, i removed the spark plug and turned the crank until the piston was at the top of the cylinder and then cross-referenced that with the TDC line on the crank.
Once i did that i could slightly wiggle the rocker arms and knew i had it.
You will need to unbolt the horn mechanism and also unhook the 2 pair valve lines for in order to access the front valve.
Remove the valve caps with a 15/16" open end wrench
Loosen the locknuts from each valve stem.. mine were on super tight
Loosen the valve stem to allow access to your feeler guage
I used a deck screw with a wire cap in order to tighten the valve stem down onto the feeler guage.. thanks @JerryHawk, read that in an old post of yours
Since i wanted to have them set at .004/.004, i tightened down on a .005 feeler guage and then locked the nut.. this allowed a .004 to gently slide in with slight rubbing but would not allow the .005 again, which is what you want
I put everything back together and started her up, sounds nice and healthy and now i have a little leeway as they may tighten back up a bit between now and when i do again at 500mi
Hello, thanks for all your updates and info you put out.

I have the X-pro titan 250cc dirt bike and i'm sure my valves need to be adjusted and I would like to do so.

Did you have to remove the engine out of the frame to adjust the valves? Im new to riding and this is my first bike... everything is kinda overwhelming.

Old 05-07-2022, 09:38 AM   #122

There are 2 caps on the engine head; one on the intake side and one on the exhaust side. Remove each and use a bent style feeler guage or use regular type and make a bend at the end of it for it to work.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 05-07-2022, 10:48 AM   #123

Thank you!! I will update you with how it went!

Old 05-08-2022, 11:07 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicv View Post
Thank you!! I will update you with how it went!
You can also refer to post #5 in this thread for more info on how I adjusted the valves

Old 05-16-2022, 07:17 PM   #125

How would I adjust the valves to .004/.004 instead of .001. And is it worth it to buy a bore kit and if so which one would work. I already got a new carburetor. what other mods could I do to add more power and keep the speed. https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...im/refuge08-20 I can just add these on the stock bike right? also what exaust would work and sound best if I wanted to get one

Last edited by cool; 05-17-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Old 05-17-2022, 06:44 PM   #126

Hey man. I adjusted my valves using your method and I was successful. Thank you alot.

Last thing to tackle is my carb. I'll be tuning it it tomorrow. I have a Mikuni vm22-133 carb and i'm thinking the pilot jet need to be smaller... as for the main and needle jet.... idk we'll get there when we get there.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:13 PM   #127

PSA: two rides ago, i rode my teenage daughter on the back for a trip and during the ride i could hear what sounded like crunching from the engine. When i would pull over and check i didnt notice anything even when id test ride quickly solo. Well, over the weekend i rode again, solo this time, and before the ride I looked the bike over. OMG! my front axle nut had loosened and was finger tight. I re-torqued it as much as i could and have been keeping an eye to make sure it hasn't moved. I'm speculating that the crunching sound i heard were the wheel bearings upon going around curves. Luckily the wheel is still moving properly with no extra play so hopefully im good.
I've never had this happen on any other bike, including the Brozz.. so keep an eye on your axle nuts! Cant even imagine what would've happened if it came loose, ooph!

Old 06-05-2022, 03:25 PM   #128

PSA update:
Yesterday I could have been killed riding my Titan DLX and I am recovering from my wounds as I type this; luckily just some minor scratched on my legs. A week prior, despite being torqued properly, my front axle nut started to back out while riding and when I had come home and looked over the bike due to a noise I had heard, I found that the front axle nut was loose and only finger tight and I re-torqued it and also the rear axle nut just to be safe. Since then I have been keeping an eye on both the front and rear axles to make sure they are on and tight. Well today on my way home from a ride I noticed that the steering head nut was missing and must have backed out and fell off while riding. I continued the ride but kept an eye on it to make sure no issues. As I was riding a stretch of road I felt the rear end start sliding as if I was on sand, despite being on the street. About 5 seconds later the rear end locked up, skid, and I flipped off the bike. Luckily my son was able to help lift the bike off of me and we found that the rear axle nut had fell off and the rear wheel was bent down under the frame. We were able to locate the rear axle nut and connect back up and slowly ride the bike back but one of the axle chain adjustment brackets were lost and I had to remove the chain guide as it was severely bent. Also the handlebars are bent and the forks need to be realigned. I have included pics of the incident and am very disappointed with what has happened with parts coming off and potentially causing life-threatening injuries.

To fix the bike I will need the following parts:

Clutch side axle chain tensioner bracket (silver L-bracket)
Chain guide that attaches to the clutch side swingarm
Handlebars
Steering head washer and nut

I've sent this info to PowerSportsMax and hope that at minimum they do the right thing and send me those parts to get me back on the road.

In all of my 30+ years of riding I've never had to lock tire axle nuts nor a steering head nut. Even the Brozz which is a year older has been rock solid without anything falling off. Please make sure you either locktite, use new nuts with nylon ends or add a second safety nut to each axle just to be extra safe. I plan to replace the axle nuts on the Titan and Brozz with nylon tipped ones once I find them.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:50 PM   #129

Quote:
PSA update:
Yesterday I could have been killed riding my Titan DLX and I am recovering from my wounds as I type this; luckily just some minor scratched on my legs. A week prior, despite being torqued properly, my front axle nut started to back out while riding and when I had come home and looked over the bike due to a noise I had heard, I found that the front axle nut was loose and only finger tight and I re-torqued it and also the rear axle nut just to be safe. Since then I have been keeping an eye on both the front and rear axles to make sure they are on and tight. Well today on my way home from a ride I noticed that the steering head nut was missing and must have backed out and fell off while riding. I continued the ride but kept an eye on it to make sure no issues. As I was riding a stretch of road I felt the rear end start sliding as if I was on sand, despite being on the street. About 5 seconds later the rear end locked up, skid, and I flipped off the bike. Luckily my son was able to help lift the bike off of me and we found that the rear axle nut had fell off and the rear wheel was bent down under the frame. We were able to locate the rear axle nut and connect back up and slowly ride the bike back but one of the axle chain adjustment brackets were lost and I had to remove the chain guide as it was severely bent. Also the handlebars are bent and the forks need to be realigned. I have included pics of the incident and am very disappointed with what has happened with parts coming off and potentially causing life-threatening injuries.

To fix the bike I will need the following parts:

Clutch side axle chain tensioner bracket (silver L-bracket)
Chain guide that attaches to the clutch side swingarm
Handlebars
Steering head washer and nut

I've sent this info to PowerSportsMax and hope that at minimum they do the right thing and send me those parts to get me back on the road.

In all of my 30+ years of riding I've never had to lock tire axle nuts nor a steering head nut. Even the Brozz which is a year older has been rock solid without anything falling off. Please make sure you either locktite, use new nuts with nylon ends or add a second safety nut to each axle just to be extra safe. I plan to replace the axle nuts on the Titan and Brozz with nylon tipped ones once I find them.
I'm really sorry to hear about your bad luck but really happy to hear YOU are basically OK. I have a couple sets of handlebars, if interested, give me a PM.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:45 PM   #130

Thanks, I appreciate that

Old 06-10-2022, 08:28 AM   #131

I was just provided a full parts list and diagram and wanted to share with you guys, as this can be very helpful for anyone with a CG/CB clone bike on this forum.
Unfortunately since the file is 11mb excel i cannot upload it but can email to anyone interested. Just PM me .

Old 06-10-2022, 08:34 AM   #132

Quote:
I was just provided a full parts list and diagram and wanted to share with you guys, as this can be very helpful for anyone with a CG/CB clone bike on this forum.
Unfortunately since the file is 11mb excel i cannot upload it but can email to anyone interested. Just PM me .
Share the file either in a drop box link or Google docs.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-10-2022, 08:57 AM   #133

Let me know if this link works..

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5wwvh...qsc7i5dzxcidbe

Old 06-10-2022, 09:06 AM   #134

Quote:
That works.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-14-2022, 10:01 AM   #135

Update: PowerSportsMax has failed me and wont be supplying any of the parts I need using the cop-out of being past the 3-month parts warranty.. oh well, i tried, and i guess it was to be expected. I've purchased what i need off Amazon for a total of $45 so no big deal, but just a sad testament to some of these dealers, there is not much good faith that goes along with the purchase despite the old adage that a little goes a long way..