Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #106

:twisted: update :twisted:

just got back from up north, and i must say the gio air shock are a MUST the are so much better then stock. the sad news was i lost 2 bolt (tie-rod and rear swing arm) so it cut my ride short, most of the time i bring some spar bolts with me but i forgot this weekend.
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 08-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #107

that sucks dude, sorry to hear it..

Old 08-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #108

i fix my 125cc carbon exhaust today, i drilled out my 3 rives and tap to fit 6x16 mm bolts so now, now let hope it last till fall. also i am working on a big video about my beast and me driving.
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #109

here is my new video tell me what u thing

Old 08-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfa18

Nice afterburner. Don't burn down the forests.

Yours sounds like mine did with the 125cc pipe I had on mine that blew apart in the middle of a ride.

Your headlight seems quite bright.

Did you put the ads along the bottom or does youtube do that automatically?

Old 08-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #111

Sweet! I liked the music and transitions! Looks like you are getting some good use out of your Beast. I really like those Zongshen engines, once you get em dialed in they purr. What did you use to make the clip, was it Windows Moviemaker?

Cheers,
Stew

Old 08-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #112

sounds good but lets hear some runs in it. run it 1st through 4th, also becareful revving it nonstop like you did.. with out the revv limiter cuz the cdi removes that.. you could be spinning that top end faster then what it can handle..

like in a car when you want to run past the stock redline, you have to do strong valve's, stiffer valve springs, and some bottem end work does not hurt.. also unless you have a cam ment to run that high you are not making any power up there..

what happens is you get whats called valve float, and mister valve head ends up butting heads with the face of mister piston.. mister piston always wins but gets mangled and the valve head typically snapps

Old 08-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfa18

Nice afterburner. Don't burn down the forests.

Yours sounds like mine did with the 125cc pipe I had on mine that blew apart in the middle of a ride.

Your headlight seems quite bright.

Did you put the ads along the bottom or does youtube do that automatically?
my headlight is stock, and muffler started to blow so i drilled out the 3 rivids and took my tap and put some 6x16mm bolts and i will be test it out next time i go up north.

yes i used windows movie maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
sounds good but lets hear some runs in it. run it 1st through 4th, also becareful revving it nonstop like you did.. with out the revv limiter cuz the cdi removes that.. you could be spinning that top end faster then what it can handle..

like in a car when you want to run past the stock redline, you have to do strong valve's, stiffer valve springs, and some bottem end work does not hurt.. also unless you have a cam ment to run that high you are not making any power up there..

what happens is you get whats called valve float, and mister valve head ends up butting heads with the face of mister piston.. mister piston always wins but gets mangled and the valve head typically snapps
lol even with the race cdi u have a cut off. you can hear the cut off on the video.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #114

It sounds like it time to increase the main jet, flames out of the exhuast may look cool but that's a tell tale sign of being too lean, also when you rev it up you can hear it breaking up at higher rpms, it needs more fuel on the top end, other than that, cool vid and nice editing.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:53 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
It sounds like it time to increase the main jet, flames out of the exhuast may look cool but that's a tell tale sign of being too lean, also when you rev it up you can hear it breaking up at higher rpms, it needs more fuel on the top end, other than that, cool vid and nice editing.
well i wont be rejeting my carb any time soon because if all goes well i am getting a 250cc 30mm gy6 carb and a 250cc engine. and ya at high rpm it is missing a bit but when i pull out my spark plug it looks perfect. it is a lite brown tan.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #116

well whatever you do, dont touch the needle.. my issues after the exhaust in still was cuz i raised the needle up one notch.. now it runs perfect since putting it back to center.. but am going to throw in the 90 jet and see if i can squeeze a little more power out of it, cuz right now it has the 92.5 jet in it..

btw you should go ahead and jet it, cuz if you dont get the motor you wouldnt want this one to blow on you... also you might have to go rejet the new motor neways and your going to want good air fuel ratio's during the break in period..

Old 08-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #117

like i said i am getting a new 30mm carb for my 250 motor so i dont want to rejet my carb.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:04 AM   #118

well good deal then, im just going to keep my eyes open for a honda, yamaha 250 or 250r motor.. maybe even a 300ex or 400ex or 450r motor depending on price..

Old 08-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #119

lol but i don't thing our frame will hold the power of a 450cc motor

Old 08-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #120

idk about your frame, but mine is pretty strong, also the welds are good..

i found a trx450r motor on ebay for 1700.. its missing the clutch and stator, carb, exhuast.. and it looks clean as hell.. if i had the money to burn i would buy it..