Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Best quality available
Regarding the front wheel, what are the spokes made of?

I'm looking for a wheel with stainless steel spokes, since I am in the mid-western US and they use a ton of corrosive de-icing chemicals on the roads in the winter. The stock RX3 spokes are not holding up too well, at least from an appearance standpoint. Still sound structurally, but they look like crap. Both the rim, as well as the spokes and the nipples, since they are both just painted / chromed plain steel, have a lot of surface corrosion on them now. I have been meaning to contact Buchanan's Spoke & Rim for a price on stainless steel spokes and nipples, to lace up to a set of front and rear Warp9 aluminum rims that I have; just have not got around to it. It would be easier in time, if not money, to just get a whole wheel assembly, with upgraded front brake, if the spokes are stainless. I could kill a couple of birds with one stone, addressing the corrosion problem while improving the front brake situation as well.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post

I'm looking for a wheel with stainless steel spokes, since I am in the mid-western US and they use a ton of corrosive de-icing chemicals on the roads in the winter. The stock RX3 spokes are not holding up too well, at least from an appearance standpoint. Still sound structurally, but they look like crap. Both the rim, as well as the spokes and the nipples, since they are both just painted / chromed plain steel, have a lot of surface corrosion on them now. I have been meaning to contact Buchanan's Spoke & Rim for a price on stainless steel spokes and nipples, to lace up to a set of front and rear Warp9 aluminum rims that I have; just have not got around to it. It would be easier in time, if not money, to just get a whole wheel assembly, with upgraded front brake, if the spokes are stainless. I could kill a couple of birds with one stone, addressing the corrosion problem while improving the front brake situation as well.

Spokes are steel I am sure, I see your point and that is very fair.
Let me ask my guy and see if anything else is possible? I think he gets some USA spokes cause they are friggen good but I do not know if he has the right size etc.

Or I could see if I can get a set of spokes or several sets n he makes the wheel to the hubs n spokes I supply, that is another idea

Old 10-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
Question about "set of 3 straps" for $35. The photo seems to show each pannier and top case require 4 straps and the handle, 5 pieces for each box. Maybe "set of 3 straps" is Kiwi for "3 sets of 5 straps"? The straps certainly look functional and very easy to secure external items, but what exactly comes for $35? If it is "3 sets of 5 straps" that is a nice deal and I'll take a set.
Grrrrrr mate! You know me better then to sell not enough to do a whole job! lol

See each case has a set of straps? that is what you get a full set for each of the 3 boxes - pointless any other way lol. If I had said a set of 3 straps at $50 you would assume you get more right? my price was too low? lol

Each case gets a strap so you can strap down something light or use them as carry handles.

I think with clips its easier to open and place stuff under it and clip/strap down and you need the parts/clips to get it easily adjustable.

Regardless they are a good option and I use them to strap parts over the boxes and drag them all over the country lol and yes 3 boxes so 3 sets like the photo $35.

Or Tourfella original is $40 for each box/case, so $120 a set for 3 boxes or $80 for both side cases.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #109

Quote:

Hi mate
Spoke to my supplier and he can supply 304 stainless spokes but VERY expensive - PM me lets see if we can do something tho.
So yes I could do an aluminum rim stainless spokes and nuts on an RX3 hub complete but I wonder if it works out cost effective as DHL 1 wheel is something like USD$100ish.
Sea freight I need to investigate etc etc so hence I question if I can or maybe connect compete.
Let me know more?

Old 10-18-2018, 11:14 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Grrrrrr mate! You know me better then to sell not enough to do a whole job! lol

See each case has a set of straps? that is what you get a full set for each of the 3 boxes - pointless any other way lol. If I had said a set of 3 straps at $50 you would assume you get more right? my price was too low? lol

Each case gets a strap so you can strap down something light or use them as carry handles.

I think with clips its easier to open and place stuff under it and clip/strap down and you need the parts/clips to get it easily adjustable.

Regardless they are a good option and I use them to strap parts over the boxes and drag them all over the country lol and yes 3 boxes so 3 sets like the photo $35.

Or Tourfella original is $40 for each box/case, so $120 a set for 3 boxes or $80 for both side cases.
Quite a talent you have for finding RX3 prices on good stuff. I'll take a set for 3 boxes. Nice not to have to sew my own.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:04 AM   #111

Quote:

Ok few things that may suit you or others later.

Yes I can supply 304 stainless spokes - I am told 304 stainless isn't as strong of a material as steel (like steel bolts are higher grade then stainless) BUT better then rusted out spokes!

So a rim or rims with stainless spokes stock hub and 7075 or 7116 aluminium rims are possible.

ALSO this might be worth a moment of your thoughts - Chinese local bikes have MAG/Alloy wheel (18 inch front 100/90-18 & 15 inch rear 130/90-15) and don't rust, maybe a summer and winter set of wheels and tires? Discs on MAG/Alloy wheels differ so you would need them and the stock front caliper bracket isn't the same somehow (Diameter maybe? might need to look if you are serious) they are not very expensive to be fair and if ship by sea I think would come out at a reasonable price. (looking for sea shipping options) already)

Anyway you have something to chew over and future potential customers can look at what best suites them.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #112

I am working on exporting with DHL complete motors:

NC250 for the RX3 correct EFI units AJP PR5?
NC250 for other dirt bikes carb version AJP PR5
NC450 EFI or Carb version like RX4, GPX and others (2 versions)
Cb250 top spec 249cc real and more details to come, suitable replacement for ALL other Chinese dirt bikes regardless if it was OHC or push rod. PitsterPro GPX XMoto AJP PR3 & 4 Hawk 250 TT250 CSC retro you name it any with the air cooled Chinese block can get the bigger cc and power units with a new carb and maybe an exhaust tweek etc - THEY AL mount the same.

Motors will be a little less then the cheap dealer in the USA and speced higher.
BUT over all value for the motors WILL be good if it isn't going into a cheap ass bike etc.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:25 AM   #113

Tako, regarding the complete motors… what about the engine number stamped in the case? Here in Argentina that number is part of the vehicle registration title. Changing it is a nightmare of paperwork, and can only be done if you purchase the engine through a registered dealer, or if you purchase a complete bike (with title stating engine number) and then do a swap. I know some guys who bought engines from China to replace a totally broken one, and they send the number to be stamped/engraved in the engine case, and replaced it altogether withour notifying the local Registration office. Can it be done? Does those engine came with a preset number, or are they blank ones?

Old 10-29-2018, 02:01 PM   #114

I can't wait to see the cost of motors. I saw an NC250 on eBay listed for $1900. LOL!!

Some states in the US have issues like what Juanro said above (CA, for one). Most wouldn't be a problem. I haven't even seen/noticed the engine number on my bike. It's different from the VIN, right?

Old 10-29-2018, 02:03 PM   #115

I can't wait to see the cost of motors. I saw an NC250 on eBay listed for $1900. LOL!!

Some states in the US have issues like what Juanro said above (CA, for one). Most wouldn't be a problem. I haven't even seen/noticed the engine number on my bike. It's different from the VIN, right?

Old 10-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #116

Engine number is visible just behind the clutch cable support in the picture you posted over the other thread. No, it's not related to the VIN wich is a number for the vehicule as a whole; oddly enough, VIN number is not important here, just engine and frame number, and the plate ID you get when registering it.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:12 PM   #117

Hah, I never even noticed. I know some states, pretty sure CA, put the engine number on the paperwork. My state does not record it anywhere, to my knowledge. It's definitely not on the papers given to the owner by the state.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:12 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
Tako, regarding the complete motors… what about the engine number stamped in the case? Here in Argentina that number is part of the vehicle registration title. Changing it is a nightmare of paperwork, and can only be done if you purchase the engine through a registered dealer, or if you purchase a complete bike (with title stating engine number) and then do a swap. I know some guys who bought engines from China to replace a totally broken one, and they send the number to be stamped/engraved in the engine case, and replaced it altogether withour notifying the local Registration office. Can it be done? Does those engine came with a preset number, or are they blank ones?
Possible yes but takes more time and some extra expense.

My aim and this is not a quote:
Air cooled 249cc just under $1000 to your door in the USA (With high end carb and CDI)
NC250 under $1500
NC450 under $2000

Old 11-07-2018, 11:18 PM   #119

Did I see somewhere on this forum that someone retrofitted a RX4 headlight onto an RX3? Nz, can you source RX4 parts yet? I'd be interested to know if that's a option.

Are you making any more trips to UT? If my bike doesn't sell and I end up keeping it, I'll be doing some upgrades: 300cc kit, complete front alloy 19" wheel with brake upgrade are at the top of the list.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:02 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieUT View Post
Did I see somewhere on this forum that someone retrofitted a RX4 headlight onto an RX3? Nz, can you source RX4 parts yet? I'd be interested to know if that's a option.

Are you making any more trips to UT? If my bike doesn't sell and I end up keeping it, I'll be doing some upgrades: 300cc kit, complete front alloy 19" wheel with brake upgrade are at the top of the list.
No plans to visit the USA unless orders get to be massive lol
RX3S I think you’ll find to possibly fit as it looks like the RX4
Yes can get RX4 stuff but not very easily as RX3
RX3S kinda the same, some stuff yes and other stuff no or very very very slow