Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2022, 02:41 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Yes I did remove that screw which is kind of fiddly with a stubby screwdriver. I can lift up the front of that piece and pop out the 2 tabs that are out to the sides. I assume there are 2 more tabs at the sides of the speedometer but didn't want to force it too much. Did you successfully remove it without breaking anything?
I watched someone on YouTube do it. Probably use a plastic wedge tool for that if it won't come out. The front clips are small and clip under. You slide them to the front of the bike.

"FAIRING REMOVAL FOR HONDA CLICK 125 V2 [FULL TUTORIAL STEP BY STEP]" is one of the videos where he uses a plastic body panel tool. I will be taking mine apart to straighten the handlebar. They are a degree or so off.

Old 10-13-2022, 05:59 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by clash 168cc View Post
I watched someone on YouTube do it. Probably use a plastic wedge tool for that if it won't come out. The front clips are small and clip under. You slide them to the front of the bike.

"FAIRING REMOVAL FOR HONDA CLICK 125 V2 [FULL TUTORIAL STEP BY STEP]" is one of the videos where he uses a plastic body panel tool. I will be taking mine apart to straighten the handlebar. They are a degree or so off.
Thanks for the link. I'll have to get a set of those plastic tools. I don't think you need to remove the handlebar plastic to adjust the bars, you can reach the bolt with the front fairing top piece removed.

The GPS speedometer arrived and I used the included suction cup mount to attach it to the windshield. I'm going to try mounting it just below the existing speedometer with some nano tape (amazing stuff) once I get a 90 degree micro USB cable. I need to borrow a 10 year old kid to figure out how all the settings work.

Last edited by Mudflap; 10-13-2022 at 07:05 AM.

Old 10-13-2022, 09:56 AM   #93

Tested the GPS speedometer and it works well. Comes preset to read 7% optimistic so that it matches most speedometers but it's easily adjustable. It does retain the settings when power is removed. There is no on/off switch on the unit, it's on whenever power is applied.

Old 10-15-2022, 01:04 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Thanks for the link. I'll have to get a set of those plastic tools. I don't think you need to remove the handlebar plastic to adjust the bars, you can reach the bolt with the front fairing top piece removed.

The GPS speedometer arrived and I used the included suction cup mount to attach it to the windshield. I'm going to try mounting it just below the existing speedometer with some nano tape (amazing stuff) once I get a 90 degree micro USB cable. I need to borrow a 10 year old kid to figure out how all the settings work.
Yea, I held the front wheel with my ankles and hit one of the bars. Looks straight now. Decided to stick with the Speedometer and just subtract 5 miles for now. Just cleaned it up. Try Milwaukee Muscle spray wax with ceramic. That stuff really shines it like new. Doesn't leave white wax in the cracks everywhere. Just wipe a little on with a clean micro fiber and come back with a dry one to finish off. I need to check it again but looks like at least 90 mpg after cleaning the grease off the clutch pads and a new belt. Better because I don't usually go over 45mph to the store and back and only weigh 180. I'll be checking it a few more times.

Old 10-21-2022, 11:59 AM   #95

Here is how the GPS speedometer is mounted. Almost looks like it belongs there.

Old 10-22-2022, 01:33 AM   #96

Is Nano Tape the same as Gel Tape. Clear Gel? There's a gap between the windshield and display about 1 inch at the bottom. A piece of round PVC pipe insulation fits in the gap. I'm going to block that hole this winter and use that tape because it won't damage anything. Will try to show a picture. Picked up some gloves with Thinsulate. Not sure how much cold I will ride in. You just need a cup holder. BTW my seat button opens with the key out.

Old 10-22-2022, 06:45 AM   #97

As far as I know nano tape and gell tape are the same stuff. A tiny 3/4" square of it holds the speedometer in place. I wouldn't mind if the seat would open without the key but I suppose it wouldn't be good when parking in a place where it should be locked.

Thinsulate in gloves is a good thing for keeping hands warm. Wish I could find gloves of any kind that would fit my freakishly long fingers. I have some 3XL deer skin gauntlets that still need another inch in the fingers.

1800 miles now and the engine is feeling like it's loosening up and making a little more power which is typical for Lifan engines. The suspension is also loosening up so it takes the bumps better, or maybe I'm just getting heavier.

Old 11-03-2022, 11:15 AM   #98

2000 mile review

Vitacci Clash 2000 mile review:

Appearance wise the Vitacci Clash 200 is nearly identical to the Honda Click 150 which is not imported to the US but is popular in the Philippines. The Clash 200 is powered by a 168cc forced air cooled EFI GY6 long case type engine made by Lifan. This is a pretty typical scooter with a steel tube frame covered with plastic panels. The fuel injected engine and large diameter 14" wheels set it apart from most Chinese scooters which use a carburetor and 10" to 13" wheels.

The lighted digital dash displays a speedometer, fuel guage, bar graph tachometer, and typical indicator lights including a check engine light. The speedometer is optimistic by about 8% and the fuel guage is not at all linear. The switch gear looks to be good quality for a Chinese scooter. The included battery is a sealed AGM type that is located under the floorboard.

Most of these scooters are drop shipped in the factory crate and require minor assembly. Instructions for assembly are not included.

The suspension is telescopic forks and a rear mono shock with no adjustments but it rides pretty well. Ground clearance is minimal so riding off road is not recommended. A center stand and side stand are installed. The Seyoun brand tires are pretty sticky and ride well. The supplied cast aluminum rear rack is quite sturdy and it comes with a smallish color matched top box.

As a 50+ year motorcycle rider and former motorcycle mechanic I am pleased with the fit and finish of the bike and the factory welding is nicely done. A weak spot on many Chinese scooters is the muffler mount but the mount on this bike is very robust. Factory drive belt is a Gates Powerlink 835-20-30. Access to the engine for valve adjustment and oil changes is easy.

One drawback I found is the gas tank only holds 1.3 gallons so the range is around 100 miles. Cruising at 55 to 60 mph without a windshield gets me 76 mpg, 82 mpg with a windshield on 87 octane gas. Gas tank is under the seat unlocked by a button next to the ignition key. Top speed will depend on conditions but you can count on a solid GPS measured 55 mph and up to 65 mph. The engine is quiet and smooth running.

Seating position is good but long legged people may find their right knee contacts the throttle cable elbow on slow turns and big feet barely fit on the floorboard. The seat is stepped so sliding back isn't comfortable unless a pad is added to the front to bring it all to about the same level. Mirrors are pretty stout but a large person will need to add spacers to see around shoulders. Under seat storage will fit a half helmet and there are a couple small storage pockets on the front leg shield in addition to the supplied top box.

Riding experience: Insert the standard non electronic ignition key and hold a brake while pressing the start button and the engine starts instantly and idles steadily. Open the throttle and it accelerates well enough to beat most traffic. The CVT transmission tends to keep the RPM around 6k to 7k but the engine doesn't sound like it's working hard. The low center of gravity and light weight along with 14" sticky tires make it handle well with very little effort but it's not hard to drag the center stand on hard left corners. The non ABS brakes are more than adequate with a single dual piston disk on the front and drum rear.

All in all this scooter is a good deal at $1750 delivered. With it's Lifan engine I expect it to be reliable and long lasting. As with all Chinese bikes I do not recommend them to anyone not willing and able to do their own maintenance and repairs, or at least have a shop nearby that is willing to work on them.

Old 11-04-2022, 12:34 PM   #99

Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, I have a 2021 Clash 200 and have been trying to find where I can buy parts. I need a temperature thermister, (the wires broke off). And the resister, sounds like a good idea. Appreciate your help.

Old 11-04-2022, 05:30 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTucson View Post
Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, I have a 2021 Clash 200 and have been trying to find where I can buy parts. I need a temperature thermister, (the wires broke off). And the resister, sounds like a good idea. Appreciate your help.
You should try the company you bought it from. They should know. You might have to buy from overseas. I don't know either. I will need parts later on I'm sure. Please post here when you find out. Look up Lifan online.Lifan makes the engine. They should have parts.

Old 11-22-2022, 01:28 PM   #101

I took the variator apart and measured the rollers at 12.66 grams 18mm diameter, 14mm wide. Minimal flat spotting after 2000 miles.
Boss is 23.96mm outer diameter, inside diameter 17.02mm, 51.5mm long.

Old 11-25-2022, 06:31 AM   #102

Old 11-25-2022, 06:48 AM   #103

Old 11-25-2022, 06:56 AM   #104

I ordered a spare belt and was sent an 842mm instead of an 835 so I tried it on for size since NeedInfo200 installed that size. Seems to work fine being a little longer.

Old 11-25-2022, 07:10 AM   #105

Crater Lake summer of 22. Rode a couple laps of Crater Lake this last summer. The scooter runs fine at 8000'.