Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #91

Bump

Old 08-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #92

Right you are Jim, since I deleted the gallery, the pics that were linked here have all gone south. I will repost the dogs pic for sure. Enviromentally friendly bike alarm.

I kinda laughed when I saw the rack you posted, just above :roll:

I got my 350 luggage rack, and ya I had to pay for it too . Same price as a cb350 motor, although the shipping price is less.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...mZ370073297666

I hate this bike. It's the only one I've seen better than mine. :evil:

My gallery just became active, well that didn't take long at all

Here's a pic of my 1972 cb350 k4 supersport, Buddy and Cricket on the seat. The dogs are trained not to go on the street, so they can't get off the bike. After the pic I had to go and pluck them off the bike and put them on the grass. I got good dogs. The title is "Bike Alarm."

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/...geViewsIndex=1

Old 08-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #93

Ok yeah, I didn't think it looked right, but I wasn't sure what they were supposed to look like... Your's is definitely nicer :P

That is a good alarm system...

Too bad you deleted your old gallery, you'll have to fill this new one up

Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #94

I've had (new)members ask for me to post a pic, it's just a quick way to help someone new, till they get they're own album. And for product reviews. I would have posted a pic of meeting dagger57, but he went to the wrong coffee shop

Old 08-05-2008, 11:35 PM   #95

Another option is using a site like image shack or photobucket... I figure that way I'm not wasting frostbites bandwidth, I've already posted tonnes to this gallery here... But I've got a few more at my photobucket one too...

www.photobucket.com/jim84

Old 08-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #96

I hate computers and facebook and photobucket :evil:

If my computer didn't spit out motorcycle information, I would have very little use for it. I don't type fast, I run window 98. When the computer gets infected I use a Ghost program to set up my computer like it was new, not a decade old. Twice a month I erase everything on the C: drive and in 9 minutes my hard drive is back perfectly. I'm a Ludite. Neo-Ludite. My bike doesn't even have a CDI

Old 08-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #97

Send a message via AIM to captaincrash80 Send a message via Yahoo to captaincrash80
Picasa web albums (via Google). Haven't found anything better.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
I hate computers and facebook and photobucket :evil:

If my computer didn't spit out motorcycle information, I would have very little use for it. I don't type fast, I run window 98. When the computer gets infected I use a Ghost program to set up my computer like it was new, not a decade old. Twice a month I erase everything on the C: drive and in 9 minutes my hard drive is back perfectly. I'm a Ludite. Neo-Ludite. My bike doesn't even have a CDI
Typing? And I thought you went by Ironfist because your hands froze solid!

Brother, if I were running that rig I would hate computers too! Windows 98 is OK, but you could pick up an XP nowadays for the price of a pick-up full of scrap!..I know, after it breaks, of course

See ya on the network,
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #99

It's the Interweb....It's a series of tubes

Well, what an odd animal an oldbike is. I finally got an apraisal for the bike. The papers will come later by mail. When I get them, I can go to my insurance agent and get a Theft/vandalism/fire policy on the bike. Right now its just collision insurance. No theft insurance on bikes over 20 years old in Ontario. Soon I will be able to go anywhere, park the bike, and not worry. Right now if the bike is stolen, I'm walking. I don't know how much the extra policy will cost but the peace of mind is priceless. As of today the bike is worth, $2,200, CAN.

If the bike is stolen, $2,200 doesn't get you much here in Canada. Something old that's sort of safe and runs, kinda, but needs a few things. Maybe a chinabike, new? Maybe? I would probably end up adding cash and trying to get something more suited to the riding I do.

If I got an original set of mufflers in great shape, the value might increase. The gaskets and oil seal job I have planned won't affect the price at all, nor the tires and chain I put on.

August is the time when many Canadian riders start thinking about what they will be riding next year. I have been thinking about it for a while now. If I sold my bike and came up with several thousands of dollars, I would have a lot of options. The problem is the several thousands of dollars. :? When I haven't gone for a ride in a while I start surfing kijiji and Craigslist. After a ride, and I'm still smiling, I'm very happy with the bike I have. I have to remind myself to be satisfied when the fixing slows down. Fixit is a nasty disease, once you get the bike running perfect, you have no use for it anymore. :evil:

Old 08-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
I have to remind myself to be satisfied when the fixing slows down. Fixit is a nasty disease, once you get the bike running perfect, you have no use for it anymore. :evil:
If you really love your bike, park it in front of the gym, (just don't pose in front of it) and let the vandals knock it over! That way you can get the fix of the fixin!..

Or you can get your fixin' from the newbs who need your help and experience :idea:

35 years!.. Does your bike fart dust?

:arrow:
Tigertamer

CAUTION
Always Wear a Helmet.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #101

80 MPH /uphill / Into the wind, and I'm not near the red line. My bike does not fart dust. It leaks 2 drops after every ride. But I figure that's just it's claiming territory behavior. Well tuned it has more horses and is faster to 60mph, and in the 1/4 mile than a ninja250, though the 600 smokes my bike. It took me to Quebec and back no problems, steady 70mph. Chinabike did the same ride but at a steady 60mph, pinned, and on different roads and highways.

I'm a small guy so a 500cc bike to me would be huge. I'm also not rich, so my options are very few. When a member gets his bike running I do get a fixit fix. But when my bike is fixed and it suddenly starts running better, I get a rush. I just need a project, before I finish this one.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #102

Do you need to work your hands or your head? Or both?

CAUTION
Always Wear a Helmet.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #103

Both
I like learning, and solving problems. To bad it doesn't pay well. As a general rule, labor pays less than service. Learning costs, it rarely pays, unless you teach. I like learning new skills even if they don't pay well. I like bikes too much to try squeezing money from something I like doing. Thus my cb project, but my project is being inextricably forced towards it's completion. I got it last september I think, I'm doing the engine rebuild for Christmas this year. But thats it. Project complete. I'd like to make a cafe racer out of a Honda black bomber. It's 60's but looks 50's. And you can do it all on the cheap. The only chinabikes around here are dirt and pits.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #104

well man you can always get a rd400 or a rz350. my rd kept me on my toes and very busy and I never got it just right. :( sold it to get my house.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:02 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonzo
well man you can always get a rd400 or a rz350. my rd kept me on my toes and very busy and I never got it just right. :( sold it to get my house.
I'm still looking for the deal. The lady that just wants her dad's old cb out of the garage. Sometimes the deal jumps out at you, sometimes you gotta wait. Making the decision to start looking is part of the project. In fact it's step #2. Step #1 is collect information on the bike. After my chinabike I vowed to never forget step #1.

I don't want a cb360 twin because the parts are more expensive and the bike isn't that much better. A benley, ca77, 450 black bomber are all more expensive and the parts are hard to find, but the finished product is worth more than a cb350. A cb350 4cylinder has less vibrations, is less powerful(only a bit) and harder to tune, just as cheap as a twin for parts, but the twin is more collectable and valued higher. I've have been close twice and it didn't pan out once, but I'm still working on the other.

I had no idea what a rz350 looked like so I google imaged it. Yep I could see me riding that. I like the bike frosty came up with too http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-...QAdIdZ60021081 But I have to be realistic. I can only afford to insure 1 bike. I can register a second bike for $45. But insurance is another matter.

When the price of a DRZ 400 SM comes down, that's what I can see me riding. I don't know why a gsxr is less expensive than a good DRZ :?