Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2019, 05:23 PM   #91

There is a little activity on the Genuine G400C over on ADVrider.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/genui...104562/page-27
My local Genuine dealer will not order one without a deposit.

She bought one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C94489EB-4CF5-41F7-9D47-54840063DE48.jpg (20.3 KB, 503 views)

Old 01-27-2019, 08:39 PM   #92

Is that at MSRP? I bet there are a few takers, but wait until interest wanes. Then again, we are kind of 'insiders' to the Chinese bike industry as members here. The general public who are familiar with Genuine might a) think the bike is Taiwanese like they think the rest of Genuine's lineup is, and b) have disposable income, or financing, where $4500 is 'funny money'. In other words, if they have cash for 'quirky' toys $4500 might seem like a bargain. Those financing lay down initial cash and make payments...they might up paying $10k (exaggeration for my point) but it was done in payments, so kind of funny money.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-28-2019, 10:53 AM   #93

"Out the door with Tax and Title... she paid 5k"
From Genuine "2019 G400C rolls for $4,599." plus $$$? Dealer fees, shipping,etc.
Wait for one on the used market and also reliability reports?

Old 02-05-2019, 06:38 AM   #94

Hi Vince. Figured I'd pester in here same as I have everywhere else. And I've been wondering: that scooterfile review was way back in 2015, have these bikes been built and setting that long? You mentioned stopping in to check again with your dealer, if she is reasonably friendly and accommodating, please see if she can provide you with a few more details. No shops within 100 miles of me, and calling on the phone sucks. Thanks!

Sarah

Old 02-07-2019, 10:25 PM   #95

Saw this G400C Scrambler on another site. You will have to make your own, like this dude did.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/genui...mbled.1361571/

Old 02-09-2019, 06:40 AM   #96

Way too loud he says, so they're looking to source another pipe. I appreciate him clearing up the mistaken notion that Shineray built bikes for Honda, if he actually knows his history.

Sarah

Old 03-04-2019, 05:45 AM   #97

Bump. Anybody else checked one out?

Sarah

Old 03-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by greer View Post
Bump. Anybody else checked one out?

Sarah
I just saw and sat on one at a downtown L.A. dealer. I posted a photo up in the 'Photo/Video' section and discussed the inflated price the dealer was trying to throw at me. Originally 'about $6500' but when I mentioned the MSRP is $4600 the price went down to 'about $6100'. Not sure how taxes, fees, etc add up to $1500, but in that price range, I would want a SSR RX4.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #99

I saw one at the local Genuine scooter dealer, $5000. including license stuff, out the door.
Not a very good looking bike, quality wise, compared to the Genuine scooters. Poor welds, real bad looking exhaust mounting brackets, fenders stamped sloppy. Cheap controls. Just looking at it turned me off. But, it is nice seat height, weight a bit high. I'm sure it may be a fine bike but, not really competitive with the big name brands at the same price point (TU250, CB300R, SR400), and not much in the aftermarket traditionally available for the brand.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:15 AM   #100

Doesn't sound so good from the showroom. I'm hoping we'll soon see a true ride report, not just a spin around the block.

Sarah

Old 03-07-2019, 08:27 AM   #101

Honestly, I can get my hands on a "used" SR400 with less than 1 or 2k miles for the same price or even cheaper than the G400C. Similar engine size, power, and overall specs. I would take an SR400 in a heartbeat over the G400C, and not even be bothered by the fact that the SR400 is kick start only.

Hack about $1000 off the price of the G400C and I think it would have a lot more interest.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 03-07-2019, 09:41 PM   #102

I am a fan of Genuine Buddy Scooters, and I own one. I don't know why it took 4 years to bring it to the showroom floor and I feel like Genuine really missed their window of opportunity to successfully launch the G400C. If they had been able to market the G400C before the RE Himalayan and Ninja 400 came to market, they would have sold a whole lot more of them. Darn shame.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:00 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
I am a fan of Genuine Buddy Scooters, and I own one. I don't know why it took 4 years to bring it to the showroom floor and I feel like Genuine really missed their window of opportunity to successfully launch the G400C. If they had been able to market the G400C before the RE Himalayan and Ninja 400 came to market, they would have sold a whole lot more of them. Darn shame.
Two years in a row, Shineray had an EPA/DOT certificate for their 400. On the certificate they listed both their café-style bike and a GY400 which would have been their adv-type bike. This was when Genuine was planning to bring in the bike, but for some reason they didn't. The bike is now listed under Genuine on the EPA/DOT certificate, like how the Zongshen bikes are certified by CSC, not Zongshen. I am guessing the bike had some serious issues that Genuine did not feel like fudging. Not that this bike is Honda-esque in quality, but it is better than pretty much all of the mid-$1000 enduros we have today based on my sitting on the bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 03-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #104

The Mash 400 has ABS, at least in some markets. Wish Genuine had gone with it too, it would make the asking price much more friendly and catch a few eyes.

Sarah

Old 06-01-2019, 05:09 AM   #105

I took a test ride yesterday. I went in thinking I’d love the G400C, and left feeling like it’s okay, but not for me. First off, it’s a lot bigger than the SR400. But somehow the ergonomics are all wrong, and it feels smaller. The footpegs are too far forward and too high, so I feel like I’m sitting on a dining room chair. The bike desperately needs rearsets, especially if you’re going to scramble it. It’s an awkward riding position that gets even more awkward when you try to stand. It’s very 1980’s cruiser-esque in the foot position.

The bike has a lot of midrange punch, but it’s all over by 8k rpm. Why it redlines at 10k I haven’t a clue. At 10k the motor is vibrating so bad it feels like it’s about to grenade.

The bike easily gets to 70, it takes a little longer to get to 75, and a lot longer to get to 80. It holds speed pretty well going up hills, but the top speed is 80 flat out at 8k rpm. It won’t go faster.

It doesn’t really handle well, though part of that may be due to the awkward seating position. It vibrates a LOT. The bike jingles and buzzes and sings. Everything that can make a noise will make a noise as the bike vibrates through the gears. It’s a major sensory overload.

I went into the dealership hot about a vintage style bike... and I find it’s SO unrefined that it makes my actual vintage bikes seem modern and flashy in comparison. I wanted to love it, but I just can’t. mostly I think it’s just okay, but not for me.

Same dealership let me ride the Benelli TNT300.... I don’t like sport bikes or transformer looking machines... but hot damn that was a fun ride. I would never have considered that type of bike ever.... and now I’m thinking about how to sell stuff off and juggle bikes around so I can have one

Charles.