Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2018, 03:13 AM   #916

GoPro mic adapter,a 4 pack of mics,and the bits I need to setup a helmet cam better

Old 03-23-2018, 05:52 AM   #917

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
A few new spokes and a Bontrager tire for my mountain bike (bicycle) I found a busted spoke before a ride so I bought a replacement and a few extras. Of course, the spoke is on the gear side so I will have to use my chain whip.
-My biggest problem with bicycles has always been fragile wheels, whether its a road bike or MTB. new wheels, old wheels and even shop built wheels - all fragile. I have never busted a spoke on a motorcycle.
-I'm afraid I don't have a relevant 1980s 'rasslin pic to post with this one, "Brother.".
New wheels aren't that great with the trend to fewer spokes. Rims need to be heavier and more load put on the spokes. I won't own anything with less than 36 spokes

I laced a 27 1/4 Rigida Blue Label to a Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub and broke three spokes on a 200km ride. I learned the hard way that modern spokes for thick flanged aluminum hubs and thin flanged SA hubs don't mix without backup washers behind the spoke heads. Haven't had an issue since.

No 'rasslin pics for me either. I'd rather post pics of 70s Womens Roller Derby. Go KC Bombers!

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
New wheels aren't that great with the trend to fewer spokes. Rims need to be heavier and more load put on the spokes. I won't own anything with less than 36 spokes

I laced a 27 1/4 Rigida Blue Label to a Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub and broke three spokes on a 200km ride. I learned the hard way that modern spokes for thick flanged aluminum hubs and thin flanged SA hubs don't mix without backup washers behind the spoke heads. Haven't had an issue since.

No 'rasslin pics for me either. I'd rather post pics of 70s Womens Roller Derby. Go KC Bombers!
guess i got lucky with my rims on my road bike...LOL 22 spoke Vueltas and i have only popped 4 spokes in about 5000 mi of riding... every one on the gear side rear....on a climb.....LOL and i am definitely not a featherweight at 6'2" 280#....

Old 03-24-2018, 04:31 PM   #919

Finally. Thank you Sierra Trading.
https://esbit.de/en/stainless-steel-...er-201-024-00/

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 03-24-2018, 05:03 PM   #920

Got some taichi surge gloves at the local gear shop for 50% off on clearance..

Old 03-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #921

Quote:

I'm not a coffee guy, but I like tea, and I bet that little unit would brew up some tea right nicely.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:09 PM   #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I'm not a coffee guy, but I like tea, and I bet that little unit would brew up some tea right nicely.
I would think so, my wife wants to it try, too. I have several cups of java a day. The camp coffee I make is either so weak that the sugar kicks the snot outta it or you need to chew it. I hope this alleviates that.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 04-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #923

Got it yesterday but was not on the PC much after all the driving i did to go visit family yesterday. Anyways i picked up an LG G6 smart phone. Haven't used it much since i need to run updates and what not before i can. Chose the G6 mostly because it is a sealed phone much like my two Iphone SEs.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 04-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #924

bought yesterday, but a full set of 8 small engine tuning screwdrivers... for all the EPA carbs on weedeaters and saws...

Old 04-11-2018, 03:00 PM   #925

oh yeah... and a pair of my favorite mtb tires, first set lasted almost 10 years/10,000 miles of MTBing, and still have tread left...but the sidewalls are starting to look sketchy, so i figure its about time...LOL

Old 04-11-2018, 06:20 PM   #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Got it yesterday but was not on the PC much after all the driving i did to go visit family yesterday. Anyways i picked up an LG G6 smart phone. Haven't used it much since i need to run updates and what not before i can. Chose the G6 mostly because it is a sealed phone much like my two Iphone SEs.
Like my G6 and have been pretty happy with LG phones since I switched from Samsung. Being field work phones, they get the snot beat out of them. My G3 lasted almost 36 months and it died because I laid on it with a wrench in my pocket and kinda sorta crushed it. My wifes' G2 is going on four years.

Just be forewarned that the back of the G6 is also tempered glass and can be cracked, like mine is. Replacements are cheap, tho.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 04-12-2018, 06:37 AM   #927

Man toughest phones i have ever had have been samsungs.... had an s2, s3, s4, s7... all still 100%functional, just wanted a newer faster phone...LOL guess the otterbox defenders really do work...LOL

Old 04-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #928

Quote:
Like my G6 and have been pretty happy with LG phones since I switched from Samsung. Being field work phones, they get the snot beat out of them. My G3 lasted almost 36 months and it died because I laid on it with a wrench in my pocket and kinda sorta crushed it. My wifes' G2 is going on four years.

Just be forewarned that the back of the G6 is also tempered glass and can be cracked, like mine is. Replacements are cheap, tho.
Good to know! One of the accessories i picked up with in store credit was a Spigen clear case like i did for my Iphone SE. Not a full on case like the lifeproof my other Iphone SE is in or the full on Defender that my past Samsung had. But it is still some sort of armor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
Man toughest phones i have ever had have been samsungs.... had an s2, s3, s4, s7... all still 100%functional, just wanted a newer faster phone...LOL guess the otterbox defenders really do work...LOL
Lol yea. Lifeproof are a bit more durable but made by the same company.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 04-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #929

Oh man, had to bring up cell phones. I've had nothing but I-phones and since Apple got busted for slowing these down, I'm bailing on them next time around. My 6 is STILL a slug, even after the latest update. What a bunch of crap.
I've had nothing but really bad luck with Samsung products over the years so I'm really leery of spending a ton of money on a brand that hasn't given me a good track record. It's nice to hear good things about LG. I may try one of those next time.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-12-2018, 02:02 PM   #930

I have a samsung s7 and it has been flawless ,and in the past blackberries have been very bulletproof for me ,including no case having it slip out of a pocket while working on a roof ridge up two stories ,having it land on a truck leaving a dent in the hood but no crackberry damage .The Samsung is my second ,the s4 I replaced was great for several years before the mic went .