Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2020, 10:16 PM   #76

Alibaba is one of those "other places" I was thinking about.

I don't know who is in charge of what but the man at the top of the Tao name needs to get with it. The name brand is taking a big hit just when they seem to be making some better products that customers want.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:30 PM   #77

Just saw this over at WholesaleATV..

==

****UPDATE****
Here is a list of what we know right now for products coming in and shipping out. We are and have been shipping out several hundred orders a week. Please be patient as we can only fill them as the containers arrive and are allocated, then they are allocated to orders in line and there are several thousand orders dating all the way back to April depending on the model.
*KYMCO Units - sold out until 2021s come in except for a few UTVs we have on the showroom floor.
**CFMOTO Units - sold out until 2021s come in sometime in late September or October except for a few UTVs we have on the showroom floor.
*Tao Tao kids units and dirtbikes have started coming in and we are only allocated a few at a time but we are constantly working through the lists on those and we are getting through the line fairly quickly on those. Tao go karts and 150 and 200s we still have no direct eta on container should be end of this month or September. We have heard that the Rhino 250s are coming any day but have not been contacted that they are ready to ship as of yet.
* Dongfang Units we still have no direct ETA on any products should be end of month or September.
*Apollo Dirtbikes have started arriving and we are currently working through the lists and getting them shipped out in the orders placed. Apollo atvs are arriving soon.
*Vitacci units are starting to arrive. 60cc Hunters will be arriving any day to ship in the order received. Vitacci scooters should be arriving the end of the month or September.
*Holeshots we are working on shipping out another 200 between this week and next.
*Icebear Scooters we have been shipping many of the models in the order received except for 50cc's they have not yet arrived to ship.
As soon as we are notified by any manufacturer that our units are in the warehouses and ready to ship we process them as quickly as we can. Please do not call, email, or post to ask about when your unit will be there. It is slowing us down trying to fill your orders and stay on top of the current situation all of us are facing right now. We are doing our best to get everyone their units as quickly as we possibly can during this time.
Thank you,
Wholesale ATV Team

Old 08-08-2020, 11:22 PM   #78

Now there is a dealer that got specific and gave useful product updates to their customers with pre-orders. Now the customer can decide what to do about their pre-order/money going forward.

All dealers should follow this lead. I believe they know some specifics and just need to spell them out.

I just returned my VM22 carb kit and jet kit. I will make a decision on the Hellcat soon but it would be great to have some specific intel to go on.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:25 AM   #79

Part of general August update from Q9 Powersports...

"We have a number of current pre-orders to fill, so placing a pre-order now, 8/1/2020, will not be able to be filled until Christmas time."

So no specific information on current pre-ordered products as far as what is actually on the move (or not) or any time frames. Apparently it means your April, May, June, July pre-order could be filled sometime before Christmas. That is my brilliant deduction anyway...lol.

Last edited by dgl57; 08-09-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Old 08-09-2020, 12:47 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
Part of general August update from Q9 Powersports...

"We have a number of current pre-orders to fill, so placing a pre-order now, 8/1/2020, will not be able to be filled until Christmas time."

No specific information on current pre-ordered products as far as what is actually on the move (or not) or time frames. Apparently it means your April, May, June, July pre-order could be filled sometime before Christmas. That is my brilliant deduction anyway...lol.
I took that to indicate about a 4 month delay.

So my May 28th order could arrive maybe just possibly by end of September.

Maybe.

Old 08-09-2020, 01:28 PM   #81

Maybe. Not quite sure that applies because there doesn't appear to be any Tao machines (such as Hellcats) being shipped to the US that we know of. No news those are even being produced right now.

Old 08-09-2020, 07:53 PM   #82

I know this has nothing to do with Tao, but my buddy's above ground pool came in yesterday. He placed that order back in April and it just got here. When he ordered, he was originally told 4 weeks.. took months, but he it showed up.

For me its a sign in the right direction.

Oh the joke with his pool was that the reason they couldn't ship was because of the 6ft Covid rule... They couldn't figure out how to stay 6ft apart because the panels were only 3ft wide.. LOL

Last edited by crabjoe; 08-10-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:01 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I took that to indicate about a 4 month delay.

So my May 28th order could arrive maybe just possibly by end of September.

Maybe.
I took it as BS... I still don't think they have any idea as to when something might arrive. I feel Christmas time frame is just a WAG.. based on their access to inventory getting reduced since April.

BTW, when I ordered the Tao from Q9 back in the 1st week of may, some of the sites were listing it as still available at that time. The only reason I had gone with a pre-order vs an instock order with someone else was because Q9 had a good reputation and Q9, at that time told me, they should have it in stock by mid May and at the latest, end of May.

Now, I don't know if these other sites actually had them instock or if it was just wishful thinking on their part since most of these units are drop shipped, but I'm kind of kicking myself for not taking the instock option..

I guess hindsight really is 20/20.

Oh well.. In the mean time, I picked up a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker for my boy and I to have something to do... I hope getting fat isn't going to be the theme. I order that on 8/4 and it arrived today.. It's put together so we just need to figure out how to cook on it.

Old 08-10-2020, 08:58 AM   #84

Many products are certainly having stock issues...RVs, trailers, bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, guns, ammo, etc. Logical pools would be on the list too I guess. It's all about standing in line right now.

I doubt the other dealer(s) had stock or maybe a couple left. It seems things went off the rails badly with Tao at least in late April. Rumors are they partly switched to Covid products...who knows.

I think Q9 is fine. They have been answering my questions on the phone or by message all along the best they can. Any seller in this unprecedented situation is going to try to hold on to customers. Their biz is on the line. Unfortunately for them and many others their eggs are all in one basket...China.

If several USA companies were building "low cost" motorcycles (God forbid) with all USA supplied parts it would be the same situation...no bikes available for months. Difference is these companies would likely be upfront with information to help dealers soothe the crowd.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #85

I ordered a cedar wooden playscape for my kids back in April too, it showed up last month, so a 3.. 3 and a half month wait.

Luckily, I ordered the exact day the manufacturer told the distributer/seller to stop taking orders, because they were overwhelmed and supply chains were done F'd up.

Not sure how much of that playscape had parts from China, but it certainly seemed to be affected like everything else.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:09 PM   #86

I think as long as companies taking pre-orders for any product offers a refund until the day an item ships things will remain fairly calm. This gives customers the power over their money on this crazy ride.

If they start playing games or getting cute with some kind of non-refundable fee, deposit or other hokey charge the game will change drastically. Right now most folks are cool with them holding the money to keep a place in line. But only because at any moment you can cancel for a full refund.

They need to just keep refunding money to those who wish to cancel for any reason. Then everybody quietly moves on and they just sell the product to the next person. Seems there are plenty of buyers out there right now.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:42 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl57 View Post
I think as long as companies taking pre-orders for any product offers a refund until the day an item ships things will remain fairly calm. This gives customers the power over their money on this crazy ride.

If they start playing games or getting cute with some kind of non-refundable fee, deposit or other hokey charge the game will change drastically. Right now most folks are cool with them holding the money to keep a place in line. But only because at any moment you can cancel for a full refund.

They need to just keep refunding money to those who wish to cancel for any reason. Then everybody quietly moves on and they just sell the product to the next person. Seems there are plenty of buyers out there right now.
I agree with all 4 (ish) of those statements.

Anyone who ordered a Hellcat prior to May 28th can feel free to cancel their pre-order. All that does it theoretically move me up the line once product is rolling in.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:00 PM   #88

Not that these vehicles change much from year to year, if at all..... but I'm wondering if the stuff that might be being built are now considered 2021 my? Anyone know when these Chinese companies start rolling out the new model year?

Old 08-11-2020, 12:59 AM   #89

Found this chart... Imports of vehicles to the US are trending up as of June.

Dec (2019) - $25 B
Jan (2020) - $21.9 B
Feb - $22.8 B
Mar - $23.8 B
Apr - $10.5 B
May - $7.8 B
Jun - $16.3 B
July - Unknown for now.

For Comparison, Last year's (2019) numbers:
Dec (2018) - $26.6 B
Jan (2019) - $23.8 B
Feb - $23.6 B
Mar - $27.7 B
Apr - $25.5 B
May - $27.4 B
Jun - $26.6 B
Jul - $25.6 B
Aug - $26.4 B

Old 08-11-2020, 10:13 AM   #90

If Hellcats for example are not being built at the moment and may not be delivered this year you would think they will be labeled as 2021 models. Then again China seems to do everything different.

Would be interesting to know what those vehicles are on the chart. Probably all headed to distribution warehouses to login and then be drop shipped directly to customers based on all the pre-orders.

Maybe they are filling up these warehouses before any shipping starts. It's just interesting we keep hearing about containers coming in but I have yet to see anyone report getting a bike. There would be unboxings galore showing up on here, FB and YouTube if so.