Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by KABANSKI View Post
Next time you get it to sputter for a few seconds,try turning the idle up and let it warm up for about 15-20 minutes before you mess with the throttle.Where ever you have the choke at that point;leave it, until the bike idle starts sounding super high on its own;then turn the choke off and adjust the idle to a smooth idle.I had to do this on my Tbr7 with the stock carb every time but never had to ride with any choke after I let it warm up good.I don’t know if it will work but my bike would make that sound too at first from cold start then soon as you throttle it’s like peewwwnnn;(cuts right off).Until I started doing the above.Then changed carbs at 100 miles.Hope you get it figured out.
Yes I have to do the same thing with my 2021 tbr7. Turn idle screw in to start, I let it run for a few and ride the bike. usually after about 10min if I come to a stop the engine is at a very high idle, so I have to turn it down when warmed up.

Not yet a hundred miles and am waiting for a carb now. My apollo dirt bikes have all started and ran great but for some reason the TBR is just a cold starter.